13 comic book artists. One scary dude in a hockey mask...Each day Comics2Film @ Mania.com presents a new original work by a comic book artist in anticipation of the opening of the new 'Friday The 13th' movie!
Jason is no stranger to resurrection, so it's only fitting that our Day 6 artist is David Dumeer, illustrator on the Harvey Award Nominated comic book series 'Resurrection'! David's take on Jason is especially gruesome, but before we show it to you lets ask the artist 13 revealing questions...
1. What is your favorite Friday the 13th / Jason movie and why?
'Friday the 13th Part 2' was just a really fun movie that set up the textbook Jason playbook.
2. What is your favorite horror movie?
That's a good question. Does 'Showgirls' count? 'Army of Darkness' has always been my favorite followed closely by 'Dawn of the Dead' (1978) and 'Slither' (2006).
3. What is your favorite moment in all of the Friday the 13th film, comics, TV, etc stories?
I don't know, I always liked the part where the protagonist finally escapes and is safe. They're being patronized by the police or whomever and then Jason pops up out of nowhere and the whole thing starts all over again. That's my favorite part of the Friday the 13th roller coaster ride.
4. Arrow through the throat or machete in the head?
Either, as long as I'm not on the receiving end. I always wondered though, where does Jason keep his bow? You never see him walking around with one.
5. Jason vs WHO? And why?
Dr. Doom. I'd like to see Doom get stalked by Jason in his own castle. Just when he's gloating about his superiority... out comes Jason. I think that'd be fun.
6. Tell us about your unluckiest moment.
Agreeing to answer this survey. Kidding. Thanks, Rob! This is fun.
7. Tell us about your most horrific camping experience.
I don't really have one, but I would think forgetting the chocolate to make smores would be pretty bad.
8. If you ever decided to become an iconic horror figure, what would you wear on your face and what would your weapon of choice be?
On my face, probably a splash guard with a wiper attachment. The weapon, hmmmm, something really sharp like a scalpel or a Rambo style hunting knife.
9. On which special day would you do your killing?
Gotta go with Thanksgiving. After everyone's had a mega-dose of triptiphane from their turkey. The vegetarians would get a free pass.
10. But, sadly, you're not an iconic horror figure, just a comic book artist. Tell us about some of your recently-published works...
'Resurrection', from Oni Press. The trade is coming out in April with a really low introductory price. It's called Resurrection, Vol. 1: The Insurgent Edition and the first printing will include the first six issues and the oversized annual, all for only $6.
11. What's next? Tell us about your upcoming work...
There are few new things I'm working on, but its a little too early to talk about them, yet.
12. What's your dream project?
I think Swamp Thing would be really fun or maybe the Hulk. I've always had a thing for drawing monsters.
13. Where can fans find your stuff on the web
Dumeer.com is my site.
'Friday the 13th' opens today...Friday the 13th. Visit FridayThe13thMovie.com for more fun with Jason!