All AnimeQueeny's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

YOUR DRAGON Flies to Top (Article) - 3/29/2010 7:19:55 PM

Gonna see this film on the weekend but only in 2D. I'm not sold on the 3D shit either. Going to the movies alone is expensive enough... :/

6 Most Racist Casting Decisions in Film History (Article) - 3/29/2010 7:16:21 PM

@DKnight - What, the hell are you talking about?
"Casting a Japanese women in a movie SET IN JAPAN" is probably the most idiotic shit I've heard. If you can't understand why it's even remotely offensive to the public about how they put together actors/actresses they you need to study films a litte closer.
Maybe, it's going too far getting offended having an Aussie play Robin Hood (which by the way he's not an Aussie he's actually from New Zealand), but I hardly think it's a fair thing to say considering most people have an issue with people playing different ethnic people.

I thought Disney's release of "The Princess and the Frog" was a little silly not because the tale involved African Americans but because the African American community was flamming Disney for not creating a Princess tale about an African American.
I don't know about anyone else but I've been watching Disney films since the first release of Sleeping Beauty on VHS and I have watched many releases after that and I KNOW that Disney doesn't just make stories about white Princess.
The tales of Cinderella, Sleepying Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland and Snow White are all tales from Europe which is why it would make sense to make the tale about white folks...DUH!
After, all these precious toons were released Disney started making other wonderful tales like Aladdin, Pochahontas and Mulan whom were all iconic in their own ways and are not based on white people.

Just thought it was un-called for to labell Disney as racist.

6 Most Racist Casting Decisions in Film History (Article) - 3/29/2010 2:44:24 AM

I think he has a point...It is quite racial to make films based on stores about asians/african Americans and the turn it around to something white people are claiming to accomplish.
It hardly makes a film inspirational and interesting when everything comes down to how great white people are. I think its bull that producers couldn't find an interesting character to fill out what is truly meant to be.

I couldn't stand Memoirs of a Geisha because every actor/actress in there wasn't Japanese and the fact that the excuse was made because the American public can't tell the difference is another racist slur against the Japanese. Why can't film makers teach young audiences about different ethnics’ people?
It's not a racial exercise to create it's actually important because I'm sure Japanese people in real life are sick to death of being labelled as Chinese when clearly they're not.
However, on the other hand it is quite distressing watching comedy films where every African American is accusing every white person of being a racist. The whole routine of it is becoming boring because it is quite a concern how people are getting offended over everything and initially thinking that it's just racism talk. Not only that, African Americans are so stereotyped because of films that portray them as nothing more then gangsters with horrible English...I think even they get a little tired of that as well.
For some reason, in almost every movie you watch, the subject of racism will occur and it's just something no one can do about it.

@FerretJohn – Yes, it would be offensive to cast Russell Crowe as Robin Hood because he’s Australian not British and it’s a British story not an Australian story. I don’t understand how you can not be bothered by this as a film watcher. Maybe, I’m reading into this too much but it would make more sense to hire and actor who is British who could make Robin Hood more believable.

Dirty Pair Coming To America (Article) - 3/17/2010 5:52:29 PM

Yay!

I willl be buying the box-sets when they're released!

Apple eBook Store to Have Manga Section (Article) - 3/12/2010 11:00:15 PM

I think it's stupid...You buy a book to read the book. Why does everything have to be made so your face is stuck in front of a screen?
I love collecting my manga and will continue to do it as well as with novels of any type. I'm not for this idea at all.
Besides, Chris is right...There is a very high risk that a lot of it may be just bootlegs and we're not supporting the artists at all which is something I love doing as well.

FUNimation Talks More Dance in the Vampire Bund (Article) - 3/11/2010 12:15:09 AM

This is much better news...They shouldn't be stopping viewers from watching this series and after all, it's not aimed at teen audiences so clearly this is something 15 audiences should be watching. I'll be happy if the un-cut is allowed through.

10 Awesome Anime Opening Sequences (Article) - 3/8/2010 7:27:47 PM

Awe, no Nadesico?
Everytime, I hear the words, "Anime theme song" Nadesico is the first to pop in my head. I loved Bubblegum Crises Tokyo 2040's theme song; also.

Midnight Strike Force (Article) - 3/7/2010 5:15:35 PM

Wow, the characters for this Hentai almost look like the character designs of Bubblegum Crises Tokyo 2040...Or, am I just seeing things lmao. Sounds hot though so I might have to get it =D!

Dance in the Vampire Bund Streams And DVDs To Be Censored (Article) - 3/7/2010 5:07:32 PM

I'm strongly against heavy  editing on any film whatsoever. I don't understand what gives  people the right to tell viewers what they can and can't view. There are age restriction guidlines for a reason so  that parents can be aware  of contents that might  be offensive to them.  It's truely unfair for those fans who would prefer to buy this series as is...

10 Most influential women of Sci-fi (Article) - 3/4/2010 10:24:38 PM

I'm still puzzled by Anne Rice's name up there...Her novels or movies weren't Sci-Fi at all but more erotic and fantasy. Her name should be replaced with Natasha Henstridge!

ANIMEQUEENY'S MANIACAL PERSONA