All AtreyuPrimus's Comments

First Underworld Awakening Spot (Article) - 12/22/2011 7:21:16 AM

Haha, that is the real and true letdown of the technology isn't it Wiseguy?

I say, forget the limp soggy weak highschool twinkley vampires... THIS is the vampire saga that should be busting box office heads!!!

The 7 Biggest Mary Sues in Pop Culture (Article) - 11/17/2011 8:07:37 AM

I like what Rob had to say in this list, and personally agree with it myself, but I can see why some of you might not like it. I honestly had never heard of a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu before that I recall, but my understanding of your definition is that they are secondary characters that either arise way too often, or in the end replace all primary characters.

While your point about Hannibal (love Manhunter, Red Dragon & Silence) is well made, he was always the main character, or at least co-character with the cops. He was what tied the books together, not the police. Same is true for Bella (as much as I HATE to admit it), she was always the intended main character, so Mary Sue does not fit her by its own definition.

Sylar kinda could go both ways I suppose, but Karas had a great discussion on that one (go read it if you haven't), and Wesley Crusher, MY GOD, yes does he ever fit the bill of a Mary Sue.

Personally, I would've thrown in Steve Urkel from Family Matters. Yes this is a genre site, and Family Matters is not technically genre (save for the countless number of sci fi things Urkel would do in later seasons), Rob you did say "pop culture" which whether we choose to admit it or not, does include more than just genre programming.

Bond 23 Opening Sequence (Article) - 9/29/2011 8:49:50 PM

I haven't been on in a while as far as comments go (sorry guys), but 7thGuest that last bit made me laugh out loud like I haven't done in far too long (or at least as today goes after work and online classwork).

Thank you, sir. Thank you. (I will always love Top Gun, but even George Lazenby could kick Tom Cruise's ass!)

Mania Review: Winnie the Pooh (Article) - 7/14/2011 8:40:04 PM

I was sold the minute I saw that it was going to have the look and feel of the original Disney Pooh Bear movie that I grew up with and loved. Screw Harry Potter, I'm going to see this this weekend.

More Dark Knight Rises Updates (Article) - 7/8/2011 2:04:38 PM

jorson28, I actually like that idea! I'd never thought about it from that angle... I love the Dick Grayson character best when he matures into Nightwing, and would love a storyline that tackled this seriously (unlike that halfass attemp in B&R (just look at his costume in that one if you don't believe me!)). But a film dedicated to Robin would be an interesting take on the character... yet to do it without a Batman storyline would be disastorous IMO... I say advance the Nolan films forward like 10 or 20 years into the future and start with a Batman and Robin trilogy that would have the same dark tone as the Nolan films, but being in the future somewhat would help establish some more of the comic book elements. Just a thought.

TV Wasteland: Brand New Day (Article) - 7/5/2011 5:58:55 AM

SacrcasticCaveman, I too, even tho I actually love Generations unlike even a lot of fellow trekkies and trekkers, have often wondered about that very premise. Is the Enterprise E all in Picard's head? I'm surprised there hasn't been a book series that broke away from the main line to explore this possibility... If there is anything that the JJ storyline will tell us/remind us, it is that Star Trek can explore many other things besides space and the final frontier

TV Wasteland: Brand New Day (Article) - 7/4/2011 7:12:24 AM

I've recorded Falling Skies, but have yet to watch it... is it living up to the hype so far?

TV Wasteland: Brand New Day (Article) - 7/4/2011 7:11:24 AM

THANK YOU karas!!!!

Kirk is, and always will be a badass hero! Who despite it all, gives his all for the cause.
Case(s) in point: (TOS: City on the Edge of Forever; ST2:The Wrath of Kahn and ST3:The Search for Spock; ST: Generations)

More Dark Knight Rises Updates (Article) - 7/2/2011 7:47:46 PM

hmm... Batcopter?

or as Ahnuld would say "geet to the bat-choppa"

and why would he say this? because we aren't going to put him in the cooler...

Hanks on Toy Story 4 (Article) - 6/29/2011 10:06:34 PM