All Betenoire's Comments

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collectors Edition (Article) - 7/4/2013 12:07:41 AM

@millean- The description of the vehicles is redundant as well as it lists Batmobile and Tumbler as if they were 2 seperate vehicles, while the tous pictured are the Tumbler, Bat pod and The Bat.

TV Wasteland: Zombie Stomp (Article) - 6/3/2013 4:14:00 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Starz, 9:00 PM EDT)
Jack Sparrow’s third or fourth adventure, depending on how you count, isn’t nearly as bad as its reputation suggests.

Disagree. Tried watching the film on cable and wound up losing focus along the way. I guess every franchise has it's Final Frontier/Search for God or Attack of the Clones.

And 1941 was worse than Hook, not that Hook is really good (because it isn't) but at least the stars there seemed to actually want to try to get the turkey to fly.

Matt Smith Leaving Doctor Who (Article) - 6/3/2013 3:24:27 PM

Sad to see Matt Smith go, he has a brilliant comidic timing and can do drama as well- though he'll probably be on a plane to Hollywood as soon as the wrap is on the Christmas episode so he won't be absent long.

I'm far sadder that his departure isn't marked by Moffat leaving as well as his run on the series has been one giant "What images can I make go viral on Tumbler" rather than aiming for quality writing that feels like it wasn't just developed to fit whatever flight of fancy comes into his head. Far too many stories with plots that either are deadends that they ignore or that have huge holes that are jumped over for my taste.

TV Wasteland: May Sweeps On (Article) - 5/21/2013 11:14:18 AM

Odd, Rob is trying to tell me that Crystal Skull is better than my eyes told me. Sorry Rob, going with my eyes, I've known them longer.

And I gave Dark Shadows a shot on a couple of weeks back. I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but what I saw was delightfully campy in its over the top presentation. It may not have been a comercial success but Depp has been in much worse- like some of the later Pirates movies.

New Wolverine and Beast Photo (Article) - 5/16/2013 12:43:57 AM

Eh, the comics have long since stopped trying to pretend all the continuity there actually fits over the 50 years or so, so whatever. Give me an entertaining movie and I'll treat it like a one off, Much like there are what, half a dozen X-Men cartoons or so?

Would continuity be nice? Yep. Is it make or break for me, no as even a movie with complete continuity can suck totally (at least 1/2 the Star Trek movies for example and the Star Wars prequels were mostly in continuity with themselves- though not the "original" trilogy- and they were some of the worst pieces of cinimatic excess and egotistical masturbation seen in decades as Hollywood largely has stopped giving directors that much power to destroy pictures with manic flights of nonesense.

Largely anyway.

Batman Classic Television Series Products (Article) - 3/23/2013 4:10:23 PM

Joker looks good here but some of the other figures in the line (other than Penguin from what I've seen) have that chest joint thing and I really have never found it to be useful for posing and it just detracts from the figures themselves.

Goosebumps Movie for Sony (Article) - 3/23/2013 4:04:01 PM

Yeah, the "most creative people in the world" are showing us their originality and brillance by coming up with new ideas.

Again

Transformers 4 Plot Revealed (Article) - 3/21/2013 11:31:06 PM

Plus side they can do a two for one and probably destroy all the condemed buildings they like and Detroit gets to save on tearing them down before they collapse.

Did anyone 25 years ago think Robocop would actually be a roseier picture of Detroit than reality?

And seriously, plot? Why bother now? I know Dark of the Moon was almost good but beyond that the films have all been visually special but nothing really worthwhile beyond that.

RIP Jakester (Article) - 3/17/2013 8:29:25 PM

Amazing the sadness that can come from knowing that someone you never met or even talked with is now gone and that you'll never see them post again. But hearing of the family left behind is even more heartwrenching. My heart goes out to them and I hope they find what they need at this time.

And to Jakester all I can say is a bit of a twist on the 4th Hitchikers book-

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fun Times.

Mania Box Office Report: Yes, Identity Thief Wins (Article) - 2/26/2013 8:16:22 PM

AGDTDH felt like a movie that either was trying to go Indian Jones and the Last Crusade or which had been written as something else and just forced into Die Hard. Mindless over the top action and even the characters seemed dumb- seriously, who in the theater didn't see what was going to happen when the helicopter took off and McClane was still on the top floor of the hotel and yet they tried to sell it like the characters who'd just seen through a major plot thing couldn't figure that out in advance.

Also went to see Silver Linings Playbook, nice feel good movie that had some predictable parts and some parts that were underdeveloped for what they set up but it was very sweet and feel good.

BETENOIRE'S MANIACAL PERSONA