All BlatchSkree's Comments

TV Wasteland: Happy Turkey Day! (Article) - 11/20/2012 1:54:15 PM

How is Stargate not a classic? It is for me. Its also Emmerich's best film by a long shot.

Star Wars Director Update (Article) - 11/14/2012 4:35:33 PM

I think Indy should be rebooted. In the 90's i really wanted another sequel. By the time it came around, Ford was too old and the script and direction appalling. Everyone hates Crystal Skull, i dont want to see Ford as Indy anymore. Jon Hamm would be a great Indy as someone else on this site has said previously. Shia Ledouche needs to stay right away from it.

Arrow Pilot Clip (Article) - 5/17/2012 5:04:28 PM

Arrow actually looks pretty good from the clip. I will give it a shot. (pun intended)

I also watched the Emily Owens, MD clip and nearly threw up. The absolute tripe that the CW puts on astounds me. If Justin Hartley wants to distance himself from the Green Arrow he is going about it the wrong way. He's wearing glasses, is he trying to be Clark Kent. CW = fail

The Geek Life: My Last Avengers Screening (Article) - 5/16/2012 4:42:38 PM

I still have yet to see The Avengers. I need to scrape together the $25 it costs to see a movie in 3D in Australia. My fanboy credentials have taken a real hit lately.

Comicscape: Valiant Returns (Article) - 5/9/2012 4:08:06 PM

I too got into comics in the 90's as a teenager but the only Valiant i got into was Geomancer: Guardian of Earth, which was fantastic. Such a morally ambigious character. It was hard to find the US editions of these books in Australia, even though they weren't that popular. I'm happy to see them return. Hopefully a new Geomancer is coming too.

I found it hard to go past a lot of those shiny embossed Marvel covers myself, i have: What if #50, what if Hulk killed Wolverine embossed cover and several of the big xmen and spiderman stories of the time with embossed special covers. what a cash gimmick they were. they really cut into my teenage budget

Bay Responds to TMNT Fans (Article) - 3/21/2012 3:36:18 PM

I'm still yet to see any of Bay's transformers films. I knew they would be rubbish and i know this ninja turtles will be rubbish too. Don't pay this arrogant moron any money.  i was a die hard ninja turtles fan, i own all the original figures so will ignore this abomination and not give it any money. Bay should stick to original idea's. Now The Rock was a good movie.

The Geek Life: For Your Consideration (Article) - 11/30/2011 5:19:57 PM

Having been to the Tintin premiere in Melbourne in early November, I can concur that it is indeed incredible. It will win best animated by a long shot. Rango isn't even in the same league. The chase sequences in it are fantastic and make great use of the 3D. It deserves a nomination for best adapted screenplay and best picture. The voice work by Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig and Andy Serkis are amazing too. Snowy will be a star of the future too.

10 Best Movie Duels (Article) - 11/9/2011 4:06:31 PM

Denise Richards vs Neve Campbell in Wild Things. Gotta love that one

POINT BREAK Remake Confirmed (Article) - 9/13/2011 6:41:28 PM

This is gonna be lame. Extreme sports huh! If it s not gonna be about bank robbing surfers then why don't they call it a remake of Drop Zone or Terminal Velocity instead. And which extreme sport? It could also be a remake of Gleaming the Cube, Thrashin' or Rad.

And they can't remake this without Peter Phelps' immortal line at the end at Bells Beach 'It's death on a stick out there'. Classic

10 Best Star Trek Moments (Article) - 7/27/2011 7:41:57 PM

In much the same way that 'Measure of a Man' and 'City on the edge of forever' showcase the humanity of Trek, a lot of people forget about the Voyager episode 'Mortal Coil' in which Seven of Nine brings Neelix back to life and he becomes suicidal after learning his religion is utter nonsense and he didn't go to the great forest when he died. Very powerful episode and great acting from Ethan Phillips.

BLATCHSKREE'S MANIACAL PERSONA