All Brodee's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Ghostbusters 3 Update (Article) - 6/12/2012 3:24:23 PM

It wasn't that long ago that Murray said he didn't want to make GB3 because nobody wanted to see it. Now he says that's all anyone asks about, so obviously people want it. Now the excuse is that the script sucks? It's obvious this guy just doesn't want to make it. Perhaps now he can finally focus on Lost in Translation 2: Twice as Boring.

Terminator 5 with Arnold (Article) - 6/11/2012 9:15:53 PM

I also was disappointed with Salvation because my expectations were so high. But once I got it on Blu-ray, I've enjoyed it at least half a dozen times. Watch it again. McG actually did a damn fine job.

Left Behind Series Rebooted (Article) - 11/1/2011 6:25:47 PM

You can't really say "Hollywood" is rebooting it as it's being made by Cloud Ten, the same company that made the original three movies. But instead of remaking the first, I'd prefer they just make part 4. The 3rd one was actually pretty awesome.

Transformers Headmasters DVD (Article) - 7/13/2011 1:18:04 PM

As I recall, the toys continued on for quite a while after the show was canceled in the US. Actually, I bought quite a few of the toys that didn't show up until the Headmaster series. I still have my Powermaster Optimus Prime.

But Headmasters is a continuation of the original series, unlike Beast Wars and Armada which were series in themselves (as are the new movies). So as a continuation, those who die stay dead. Unless of course they're resurrected ala The Return of Optimus Prime or even Starscream's Ghost to an extent. But we're not going to see Wheeljack and Ironhide just pop up like everything's cool. Unless of course it was a zombie episode (which would've been rad).

30 minute toy commercial or not, I still say the writing in the US original was far and away better than that of the Headmasters series.

Transformers Headmasters DVD (Article) - 7/12/2011 10:14:01 PM

Headmasters was more about the stories and characters? I couldn't agree less. The plots are terrible and the dialogue is even worse. But the least they could've done was give us English voiceovers.

You won't see classic Transformers like Ironhide and Starscream because they're dead. Watch the original movie. And Blurr is supposed to have a "rapid fire delivery." His name is Blurr.

I will agree, however, that this set is a must own for fans of the original series. If nothing else it's great to see our old favorite characters in animation extremely similar to that of the 80's US version. It's much better than that Transformers Animated crap they put out a few years ago.

FLETCH Reboot Developing (Article) - 2/2/2011 12:08:09 PM

Kevin Smith was originally going to direct "Fletch Lives." He wanted Jason Lee for the lead role, but the studio didn't because they didn't think Lee had enough star power. Of course that was well before My Name is Earl and the Chipmunk movies. Hopefully Smith and Lee can attempt to team up on this again as I thought then, and still do, that Lee would make a great Fletch.

Shore Returns for HOBBIT (Article) - 11/19/2010 10:10:47 AM

Damn. I was hoping they were referring to Pauly Shore.

EXPENDABLES Wins Again (Article) - 8/23/2010 8:34:50 PM

Saw Expendables and was disappointed. Stallone is a better writer than that. I was expecting something more along the lines of the latest Rambo; great action AND a good story. Expendables has solid action as well as some good kill shots, but the story was just shit.

Park Deals Guns, Girls & Gambling (Article) - 7/7/2010 11:37:55 PM

I hate Dane Cook as much as the next guy. But I have to admit, he was good in Mr. Brooks.

Sony Planning KARATE KID 2 (Article) - 6/17/2010 9:38:41 PM

Peter Cetera's "The Glory of Love" has to be the theme song for the sequel.

BRODEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA