All Brodee's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Transformers Headmasters DVD (Article) - 7/13/2011 1:18:04 PM

As I recall, the toys continued on for quite a while after the show was canceled in the US. Actually, I bought quite a few of the toys that didn't show up until the Headmaster series. I still have my Powermaster Optimus Prime.

But Headmasters is a continuation of the original series, unlike Beast Wars and Armada which were series in themselves (as are the new movies). So as a continuation, those who die stay dead. Unless of course they're resurrected ala The Return of Optimus Prime or even Starscream's Ghost to an extent. But we're not going to see Wheeljack and Ironhide just pop up like everything's cool. Unless of course it was a zombie episode (which would've been rad).

30 minute toy commercial or not, I still say the writing in the US original was far and away better than that of the Headmasters series.

Transformers Headmasters DVD (Article) - 7/12/2011 10:14:01 PM

Headmasters was more about the stories and characters? I couldn't agree less. The plots are terrible and the dialogue is even worse. But the least they could've done was give us English voiceovers.

You won't see classic Transformers like Ironhide and Starscream because they're dead. Watch the original movie. And Blurr is supposed to have a "rapid fire delivery." His name is Blurr.

I will agree, however, that this set is a must own for fans of the original series. If nothing else it's great to see our old favorite characters in animation extremely similar to that of the 80's US version. It's much better than that Transformers Animated crap they put out a few years ago.

FLETCH Reboot Developing (Article) - 2/2/2011 12:08:09 PM

Kevin Smith was originally going to direct "Fletch Lives." He wanted Jason Lee for the lead role, but the studio didn't because they didn't think Lee had enough star power. Of course that was well before My Name is Earl and the Chipmunk movies. Hopefully Smith and Lee can attempt to team up on this again as I thought then, and still do, that Lee would make a great Fletch.

Shore Returns for HOBBIT (Article) - 11/19/2010 10:10:47 AM

Damn. I was hoping they were referring to Pauly Shore.

EXPENDABLES Wins Again (Article) - 8/23/2010 8:34:50 PM

Saw Expendables and was disappointed. Stallone is a better writer than that. I was expecting something more along the lines of the latest Rambo; great action AND a good story. Expendables has solid action as well as some good kill shots, but the story was just shit.

Park Deals Guns, Girls & Gambling (Article) - 7/7/2010 11:37:55 PM

I hate Dane Cook as much as the next guy. But I have to admit, he was good in Mr. Brooks.

Sony Planning KARATE KID 2 (Article) - 6/17/2010 9:38:41 PM

Peter Cetera's "The Glory of Love" has to be the theme song for the sequel.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer (Article) - 5/1/2010 8:26:56 AM

I'm pretty sure there are 2 separate studios who make the COD games. Each one takes about 2 years to develop. That way they're able to realease a new one every year.

Goldsman on Paranormal Sequel (Article) - 3/17/2010 12:20:28 PM

Nice Muenster, Nice!

Weaver Biting on VAMPS (Article) - 3/17/2010 12:17:30 PM

I did not like Weaver in "Death and the Maiden." She went topless. NOT cool. If you saw it, you understand.

BRODEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA