All Brodee's Comments

<<  <  3 4 5 6 7 >  >>

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/21/2009 10:47:26 PM

The best nods to the first three flicks in Salvation:

-Original Sarah Connor picture from T1

-T1 Arnold fresh off the assembly line

-Guns n Roses' "You Could Be Mine," which of course was the theme song to T2

-Seeing John's face get cut, which leads to the scar we saw future John with in T2

-Kate Brewster, John's love interest from T3, is there and married to John (didn't some people say they were completely ignoring what happened in T3? Guess not.

That being said, I think it still sucked. And I for one loved the TV series too.

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/21/2009 4:23:04 PM

Just came back from seeing it and in my opinion, the above review is right on. The nod to the 80's Arnie was without a doubt the best part. But overall, it just didn't have that Terminator feel to it at all. There was no heart, which is basically what fueled the first three flicks.

A few of you may disagree, but I think Terminator 3 kicks the shit out of Salvation. Boring. Just boring.

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/20/2009 8:24:47 PM

His last name is McGinty. People have been calling him McG since he was a kid. He has gone on the record with this story many times. He's not trying to be a Hollywood dick - that's just what he has always been called.

Van Damme Returns in WEAPON (Article) - 5/14/2009 9:48:44 AM

Does nobody remember Time Cop? My favorite JCVD flick of all time. I saw it in theaters 3 times!

Also, remember Hard Target and Nowhere to Run (both the year before TC)? He was really on top of his game in '93-'94.

Sony Explains PS2 Price Drop (Article) - 4/3/2009 9:22:13 AM

I think the last backwards compatible PS3 was the 60gb model, which is why I bought for just that reason. I'm sure you can still find it - at least on ebay.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/3/2009 9:15:31 AM

Wheelie is an Autobot. He arrived in the original 1986 animated Transformers The Movie.

"Wheelie say make friends today!" - Not something you would typically hear from a Decepticon.

DVD Review of Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:29:06 AM

"The first film wasn't great"? Bullshit! The first film was an absolute classic that still stands the test of time - especially now that it's on Blu-ray. And compared to ST2, part 3 was Citizen Kane.

Cast Set for Spoof AWESOMEST MAXIMUS (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:25:32 AM

I have to admit, I thought Superhero Movie was quite decent. But that's because it followed an actual story instead of just random, out of nowhere, non-sensical "comedy." With the exception of Superhero Movie, I don't think there has be a decent spoof comedy since Scary Movie 2. Because parts 3 and 4 were just plain shit. Bring back the Wayans!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/9/2008 8:31:58 AM

Her name is spelled Arcee, and she was originally set to be a motorcycle in the first flick. Also, I don't know how they would have Devastator in the sequel as he was already in the first one. He appeared briefly as a very large tank as the Decepticons were mobilizing for the big fight at the end. He came crashing through a fence and said something along the lines of "Devastator en route." I was pissed that they wasted him on a tank with 4 seconds of screen time.

DVD Shopping Bag: TWISTER, on the Small Screen (Article) - 5/14/2008 8:14:55 AM

Roads, it's funny that you refer to Speed as Die Hard on a bus, because that's exactly the tagline the writer used to get the original Speed script optioned.

BRODEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA