All Brodee's Comments

<<  <  3 4 5 6

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/3/2009 9:15:31 AM

Wheelie is an Autobot. He arrived in the original 1986 animated Transformers The Movie.

"Wheelie say make friends today!" - Not something you would typically hear from a Decepticon.

DVD Review of Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:29:06 AM

"The first film wasn't great"? Bullshit! The first film was an absolute classic that still stands the test of time - especially now that it's on Blu-ray. And compared to ST2, part 3 was Citizen Kane.

Cast Set for Spoof AWESOMEST MAXIMUS (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:25:32 AM

I have to admit, I thought Superhero Movie was quite decent. But that's because it followed an actual story instead of just random, out of nowhere, non-sensical "comedy." With the exception of Superhero Movie, I don't think there has be a decent spoof comedy since Scary Movie 2. Because parts 3 and 4 were just plain shit. Bring back the Wayans!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/9/2008 8:31:58 AM

Her name is spelled Arcee, and she was originally set to be a motorcycle in the first flick. Also, I don't know how they would have Devastator in the sequel as he was already in the first one. He appeared briefly as a very large tank as the Decepticons were mobilizing for the big fight at the end. He came crashing through a fence and said something along the lines of "Devastator en route." I was pissed that they wasted him on a tank with 4 seconds of screen time.

DVD Shopping Bag: TWISTER, on the Small Screen (Article) - 5/14/2008 8:14:55 AM

Roads, it's funny that you refer to Speed as Die Hard on a bus, because that's exactly the tagline the writer used to get the original Speed script optioned.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 8:12:19 AM

Jochimus: Good point on the Power Master Optimus. I remember buying that one brand new in the store. I immediately took it out of the box and played with it. Know what? 20 years later it still looks and moves like new. Though my 1984 G1 Optimus is still in great shape, but certainly more fragile.

3:10 TO YUMA Takes Home DVD Sales & Rentals (Article) - 1/17/2008 8:57:30 AM

Never been much of a western fan myself. But a good movie's a good movie. And 3:10 to Yuma was a damn fine flick.

Update: WB Is Now Blu-Ray Exclusive, HD-DVD Responds (Article) - 1/5/2008 1:38:29 PM

I'm amazed by how so many people on here know so little about the specs of HD DVD and Blu-Ray. First off, I've been an HD DVD owner for over 18 months, and a Blu-Ray owner for 6 months. To the guy who on the first page said that Blu-Ray was a finished spec from the start and that HD DVD was a year behind... You've got your facts way incorrect. HD DVD was the one that was first in the market, and its specs were complete from the start. Blu-Ray rushed its way into the market, which led to unfinished players and hundreds of horrible reviews from numerous audio/video magazines around the world. Do the research. It's fact. HD DVD offers, and has always offered from day one, internet updates. When a problem arises or specs change, the players are updated for free. Every single HD DVD player is capable of this. But guess what? The only Blu-Ray player to date with this capability is the PS3. So what does that mean for those of you who've already purchased the Blu-Ray 1.0 and 1.1 players? They're already obsolete and can never be updated. Also, HD DVD offers internet connectivity for a lot of their movies as well. The Transformers HD DVD is a great example of this. You can download extra features of the movie to your player. You can't do that on your computer, and you can't do it with Blu-Ray. I own both formats because I like both formats. Most professional reviewers will tell you that side-by-side, HD DVD and Blu-Ray look and sound exactly the same. But HD offers the online updates, downloadable special features, and interactivity unmatched by Blu-Ray. Also, Blu-Ray has constantly announced new titles that have been shelved for months. Just look at Independance Day. It should've come out on Blu-Ray two months ago. Guess what? Still not here, along with multiple other titles that were promised months ago, and are still not ready. Did you know only four or five facilities in the country are capable of producing Blu-Ray discs? Whereas every single DVD production plant is capable of producing HD DVD's. Also, most of the people who say Blu-Ray is a better format, say it because its discs offer 50gigs versus HD DVD's 30gigs. However, HD DVD's 51gig discs are finished, compliant with every HD DVD player on the market, and are ready to go. So other than the size issue, I challenge any Blu-Ray supporter to tell me why Blu-Ray is better than HD DVD. And don't give the 1080p versus 1080i arguement. HD DVD's XA1, XA2, A20, A30, and A35 all output in 1080p. Only the A1, A2, and A3 output in 1080i. And finally, the country is not going high def only in Feb '09. It's going digital, which does not necessarily mean high def. Digital cable is, well, digital, but not everything is in HD. That's why you can buy digital standard def TV's, but you can't buy analog TV's anymore. Let the arguements continue and feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. But everything I have listed here is absolute fact, and not one single bit of opinion.

Free Twin Peaks 2! (Article) - 4/4/2007 9:26:15 AM

Reese Witherspoon's debut lead was in 1991's The Man in the Moon. Nice research.

BRODEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA