All Brodee's Comments

<<  <  3 4 5 6 7 >  >>

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/22/2009 11:15:16 AM

Excellent point, Hobbs. That's the main thing that really bothered me about this movie - How did Skynet even KNOW about Kyle Reese? Since the terminators in 1, 2, and 3 didn't survive the films, they couldn't have gone back to the future to alert Skynet about Reese. It just made no sense at all that all terminators could identify Kyle Reese. Why and how???

Also, even if they did know who he was, what was the point of putting him behind bars? As made clear in T1, terminators will not stop until you're dead. It was just a huge gaping hole in the plot. That's basically what kept me from truly enjoying this movie. If you have to keep saying to yourself, "Wait, that doesn't make sense," throughout the whole flick, it's almost impossible to really get immersed in the story.

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/21/2009 10:47:26 PM

The best nods to the first three flicks in Salvation:

-Original Sarah Connor picture from T1

-T1 Arnold fresh off the assembly line

-Guns n Roses' "You Could Be Mine," which of course was the theme song to T2

-Seeing John's face get cut, which leads to the scar we saw future John with in T2

-Kate Brewster, John's love interest from T3, is there and married to John (didn't some people say they were completely ignoring what happened in T3? Guess not.

That being said, I think it still sucked. And I for one loved the TV series too.

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/21/2009 4:23:04 PM

Just came back from seeing it and in my opinion, the above review is right on. The nod to the 80's Arnie was without a doubt the best part. But overall, it just didn't have that Terminator feel to it at all. There was no heart, which is basically what fueled the first three flicks.

A few of you may disagree, but I think Terminator 3 kicks the shit out of Salvation. Boring. Just boring.

TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 5/20/2009 8:24:47 PM

His last name is McGinty. People have been calling him McG since he was a kid. He has gone on the record with this story many times. He's not trying to be a Hollywood dick - that's just what he has always been called.

Van Damme Returns in WEAPON (Article) - 5/14/2009 9:48:44 AM

Does nobody remember Time Cop? My favorite JCVD flick of all time. I saw it in theaters 3 times!

Also, remember Hard Target and Nowhere to Run (both the year before TC)? He was really on top of his game in '93-'94.

Sony Explains PS2 Price Drop (Article) - 4/3/2009 9:22:13 AM

I think the last backwards compatible PS3 was the 60gb model, which is why I bought for just that reason. I'm sure you can still find it - at least on ebay.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/3/2009 9:15:31 AM

Wheelie is an Autobot. He arrived in the original 1986 animated Transformers The Movie.

"Wheelie say make friends today!" - Not something you would typically hear from a Decepticon.

DVD Review of Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:29:06 AM

"The first film wasn't great"? Bullshit! The first film was an absolute classic that still stands the test of time - especially now that it's on Blu-ray. And compared to ST2, part 3 was Citizen Kane.

Cast Set for Spoof AWESOMEST MAXIMUS (Article) - 8/26/2008 8:25:32 AM

I have to admit, I thought Superhero Movie was quite decent. But that's because it followed an actual story instead of just random, out of nowhere, non-sensical "comedy." With the exception of Superhero Movie, I don't think there has be a decent spoof comedy since Scary Movie 2. Because parts 3 and 4 were just plain shit. Bring back the Wayans!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/9/2008 8:31:58 AM

Her name is spelled Arcee, and she was originally set to be a motorcycle in the first flick. Also, I don't know how they would have Devastator in the sequel as he was already in the first one. He appeared briefly as a very large tank as the Decepticons were mobilizing for the big fight at the end. He came crashing through a fence and said something along the lines of "Devastator en route." I was pissed that they wasted him on a tank with 4 seconds of screen time.

BRODEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA