All BrownCoatJW's Comments

Jurassic Park 4 Director Found! (Article) - 3/14/2013 9:31:19 PM

Not sold on this.  The only thing of merit this guy has done so far is Safety Not Guaranteed, which was basically nothing more than a slightly better than average rom-com.  The franchise needed a director that has proven his ability to make smart, mature, and fun science fiction.  Alfonso Cuaron, Neill Blomkamp, or Matthew Vaughn would have been much better choices.  Oh well... he can't be worse than Joe Johnston's Jurassic Park III or even Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park II... right?!?

Bates Motel Trailer (Article) - 1/26/2013 9:55:11 AM

I'll watch it, but my expectations are low.  Turning an established franchise into a tween marketed product never spurns out a quality product, even if it sells to the mainstream.

Ultimate Spider-Man Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 1/19/2013 9:00:44 PM

Ugh!  I'm hoping this gets canceled soon.  I want a REAL Spider-Man cartoon in the vein of Spectacular Spider-Man... maybe better character designs, but Spectacular did Spider-Man right.  This?  This isn't just the worst incarnation of the Spider-Man cartoon, it may very well be the worst incarnation of a comic book character on an animated tv show.  Horrid.

Hellgate Trailer (Article) - 11/19/2012 7:42:49 PM

I don't know about the rest of the movie, but the way the son and wife die is pure darwinism.  I mean, what the hell?!?  What kind of sane person poses for a picture with their back to the windshield while driving?

Marvel Cancels X-Men (Article) - 11/16/2012 10:18:24 PM

Ugh!  Jumping the gun a bit.  We still have Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Treme X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Ultimate X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Cable and the X-Force, X-Factor... stop me if I missed one.

Regarding the adjectiveless X-Men, it hasn't been around long... only about two years.  No big.  Also, it's probably not really canceled.  Marvel is going through a bit of a thing called "Marv el NOW".... which is basically they are canceling their series one by one and replacing them with the same titles with a new numbering and a different creative team.  We'll know next month, but considering the synopsis of this "final" issues discusses an all new team... smart money is on a Marvel NOW relaunch.

WALKING DEAD Aims For Long Run (Article) - 1/27/2011 10:20:06 PM

Captain Canuck?  YES!  I can't wait for that.

Someone ask what Annie had to do with comics?  Little Orphan Annie started out as a comic strip.

Walking Dead going for the long haul?  Hmmm... a couple of weeks ago I sat in on a panel for The Walking Dead.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the comic book and I love the series.  Kirkwman essentially said the same thing there, but said it more jokingly (he followed it up with something akin to the show needing to last as long as The Simpsons so he can send his kids to college.).  He mentioned that he would keep the show on for as long as he could, but dropped a few subtle hints as to how he would like the show to end, and that how the show ends would not be how the comic book ends.  He also stated that, more than likely, the comics run will outlive the tv series' run.  Food for thought.

BROWNCOATJW'S MANIACAL PERSONA