All Butchman's Comments

Andy Serkis Reportedly "Klaw" in Avengers Sequel (Article) - 1/26/2015 11:02:17 AM

The Avengers Celestial Madonna is one of the all time classic Avengers stories as well as Kang stories ... so this is really good news!

Marvel as we know it is done! (Article) - 1/26/2015 6:29:58 AM

I agree with tjanson. They should fire Bendis.  I can actually pinpoint when Marvel started going downhill for me and that was "Avengers Disassembeld" by Bendis. No regard for the characters and where they were... it was all a quick setup for "House of M" which was another mess... from that point on it became about the next event and not the characters themselves ... (the unrealistic Civil War, Secret War, and others) ... the mixing and matching of characters in multiple books... the bunching up of all the villians till they became so severely washed down that they ended up perpetuating the major event nonsense...... I did try to hang on for awhile but eventually saw my monthly subs decreasing over the years until I am no longer reading Marvel. Every once in a while I would try to jump back in but ultimately it leads to disappointment. I have realized that Marvel is not for me .... their target audience is different... so Bendis will stay and I will stay away.... I do find it ironic that I can read many, many books from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's and enjoy them immensely but can hardly find some good Marvel books from when "Avengers Disassembeld" started this whole mess. Granted there were some good stories coming out of Marvel but they became fewer and further between... I guess I fall into the bucket that tjanson mentioned above.... I am not the reader that Marvel is targetting and I have moved on... I am enjoying the movies though :)

The Strain Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 1/20/2015 11:52:33 AM

Ditto. Not feeling it either. The first couple of episodes were good and I thought the episode dedicated to the wife's travails was the best ...but overall the negatives far outweight the positives.

CASTLE: Castle, P.I. Review (Article) - 1/15/2015 6:30:24 AM

I liked this episode and I like the whole P.I. perspective... as long as they do not screw it up I can see this adding some fresh story points.

@egoist I agree. Forever is another show worth watching.

Mania Box Office Report: Hobbit for the Holidays (Article) - 12/30/2014 8:07:09 PM

Just saw the HFR version today and thought it was awesome... I will be seeing Hobbit again this coming weekend.

First Look: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX (Article) - 12/23/2014 2:57:16 PM

This is why I am down to only two titles with Marvel.... they have driven me away with their poorly wriiten characters and their oversturation of multi-crossover events.

The Musketeers - Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 12/22/2014 5:05:09 PM

Definitely an enjoyable show! Looking forward to season 2.

Beastmaster Cast for Arrow (Article) - 12/16/2014 3:49:56 PM

"Too" obscure/vague of reference ....   ;)

I like Marc...not too familiar with the character though... but right now Flash can do no wrong.

Constantine: The Saint of Last Resorts Review (Article) - 12/15/2014 9:09:36 AM

I have stopped watching as of last week... maybe if the reviews get better over time I may go back and watch the past episodes.

First Look: AVENGERS: ULTRON FOREVER (Article) - 12/3/2014 11:52:44 AM

@CaptAmerica04 Agree with you wholeheartedly on both points!

BUTCHMAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA