All Butchman's Comments

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 1:58:09 PM

In response to Jedibanner:

1.) Superman can beat the Hulk but there are many cosmic characters in both DC % Marvel that could probably beat Superman.

2) Spider-man: Peter Parker the one and only

3) as long as the movies are well written I will be OK but I d agree that it would be nice to use some of what Lucas put forward as a template.... I will say episodes 1 thru 3 are not that great but I see that as Lucas having too much control....

4) I love both shows but I would say Lost is by far the better show. It was a unique and new experience. GoT is great as well but a lot of the themes I have seen many times in prior fantasy stories. I will say that the TV show is way better that the books. Definitely a case where the show beats the books.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 6:56:07 AM

Wow! I am going to miss this site! I have been around since Comics2Film which got absorbed by Cinescape and then became Mania! I am going to miss all the folks that have posted comments over the years ... including the Bendis lovers ;) ... all the great arguments, consensus and overall comradery... the great insight from writers like Janson, Trate and the others ... Also I am going to miss the overall site design... it has had its bumps of course but I really enjoyed the navigation, look and feel... way too many sites out there may have good news and data but ease of use is not on their minds or they over rely on videos...

I will miss this site!

Long Live Mania!!

12 MONKEYS: ATARI Review (Article) - 2/12/2015 9:38:48 AM

I didn't think it was that hard to follow but I do agree with SilentKiller that the series has an overall monotonous tone. I will continue to watch with hopes it gets exciting. I am however really enjoying Helix which is also on Friday nights.

Andy Serkis Reportedly "Klaw" in Avengers Sequel (Article) - 1/26/2015 11:02:17 AM

The Avengers Celestial Madonna is one of the all time classic Avengers stories as well as Kang stories ... so this is really good news!

Marvel as we know it is done! (Article) - 1/26/2015 6:29:58 AM

I agree with tjanson. They should fire Bendis.  I can actually pinpoint when Marvel started going downhill for me and that was "Avengers Disassembeld" by Bendis. No regard for the characters and where they were... it was all a quick setup for "House of M" which was another mess... from that point on it became about the next event and not the characters themselves ... (the unrealistic Civil War, Secret War, and others) ... the mixing and matching of characters in multiple books... the bunching up of all the villians till they became so severely washed down that they ended up perpetuating the major event nonsense...... I did try to hang on for awhile but eventually saw my monthly subs decreasing over the years until I am no longer reading Marvel. Every once in a while I would try to jump back in but ultimately it leads to disappointment. I have realized that Marvel is not for me .... their target audience is different... so Bendis will stay and I will stay away.... I do find it ironic that I can read many, many books from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's and enjoy them immensely but can hardly find some good Marvel books from when "Avengers Disassembeld" started this whole mess. Granted there were some good stories coming out of Marvel but they became fewer and further between... I guess I fall into the bucket that tjanson mentioned above.... I am not the reader that Marvel is targetting and I have moved on... I am enjoying the movies though :)

The Strain Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 1/20/2015 11:52:33 AM

Ditto. Not feeling it either. The first couple of episodes were good and I thought the episode dedicated to the wife's travails was the best ...but overall the negatives far outweight the positives.

CASTLE: Castle, P.I. Review (Article) - 1/15/2015 6:30:24 AM

I liked this episode and I like the whole P.I. perspective... as long as they do not screw it up I can see this adding some fresh story points.

@egoist I agree. Forever is another show worth watching.

Mania Box Office Report: Hobbit for the Holidays (Article) - 12/30/2014 8:07:09 PM

Just saw the HFR version today and thought it was awesome... I will be seeing Hobbit again this coming weekend.

First Look: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX (Article) - 12/23/2014 2:57:16 PM

This is why I am down to only two titles with Marvel.... they have driven me away with their poorly wriiten characters and their oversturation of multi-crossover events.

The Musketeers - Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 12/22/2014 5:05:09 PM

Definitely an enjoyable show! Looking forward to season 2.

BUTCHMAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA