All CalamityJohnson's Comments

Automata Trailer and Poster (Article) - 8/22/2014 10:46:57 AM

has flashes of District 9. definitely will see this. thought I was done with the whole computers/robots rise to usurp the plague of earth: man - concept. Main reason I have my doubts about Age of Ultron. Big reason people hated the Matrix sequels. What started in Terminator has been duplicated to varying success many times and now it's cliché, but I will admit I'm intrigued by this movie's take.

Mania Review: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Article) - 8/22/2014 10:33:14 AM

goodness. On the other hand, I looooved the first one. I loved it's comicy dialog and how tightly it stuck to the original script. It was meant to be a comic made movie, and no other movie has gotten so close. nerds always complain how directors take too many leisures when making their movies, changing this, excluding that, etc. Then, we have that one movie that adheres to it almost perfectly and then we complain about dialog and how it doesn't look like other movies. Fickle nerds I say. Never content. I thought the original was a masterpiece, and I'm looking forward to this one.

First Look: DEATH OF WOLVERINE #2 (Article) - 8/20/2014 11:54:51 AM

Galactus. Wolverine is to Galactus what a neverending gobstopper is to a 6 year old.

The Walking Dead: Season Premiere Tease (Article) - 8/20/2014 11:53:07 AM

slap a label on it and ship it out

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Rules the Box Office (Article) - 8/8/2014 9:34:09 AM

whatever the case, I have to agree, the credits scenes were the WORST part about this flick. otherwise, outstanding popcorn filler, and great laughs throughout.

One other small complaint: Hated Yondu's arrow thingy. Some kind of telekinetic arrow dealio? Whatever. Give the boy a bow. That was stupid.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT REQUEST

I don't remember from the comics who Quill's father was. They appeared to make that a big point at the end of the flick. Thanos? Adam Warlock? One of the Titans? I've got no clue.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Rules the Box Office (Article) - 8/8/2014 9:28:57 AM

if that was the 2nd, what was the first? the drax and groot musical thingy? I didn't categorize that as a post credits scene.

Mania Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Article) - 8/8/2014 9:25:05 AM

the best thing about the TMNT imo was that 4 player arcade game where you could play with three other reptiles going about from screen to screen fighting bad guys, kicking and slaying. Yep, for me, that's the highlight. Obviously, I'll be skipping this venture.

Left Behind Trailer (Article) - 8/6/2014 9:03:16 AM

oh brother... as a believer in a higher power, if I was a non-believer, it's this sci fi zaniness that would cause me to remain a non-believer. a few passages in the b.ible and men have a tendency to take HUGE liberties in how they interpret it. so, in answer to your question, is this the next wave of film (ala zombies or vampires), I respond please please please no.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Bloopers (Article) - 8/6/2014 8:58:37 AM

love this film... love the actors... warm fuzzies

Batman: Assault on Arkham CLIP - ARKHAM TASK FORCE X (Article) - 8/5/2014 3:00:24 PM

looks intriguing although I'm not impressed that he writer for Justice League: War wrote the script.

CALAMITYJOHNSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA