All CalamityJohnson's Comments

The Walking Dead: Consumed Review (Article) - 11/19/2014 7:52:17 AM

yet again mania zonked my message... dam your idiotic filters

New Peanuts Trailer (Article) - 11/18/2014 3:52:52 PM

love me some peanuts. great times. good memories.

The Walking Dead: Consumed Review (Article) - 11/18/2014 1:50:21 PM

Carol and Darryl are perhaps the fan's two favorite characters who developed a very tight and close relationship in the first three seasons, but last season were geographically separated and this was the reunion we all wanted and NEEDED to witness. Pay attention to the title of the episode: Consumed. It was a theme and one that most fans missed entirely. These are perhaps the two most embattled, changed characters in all of TWD. They are completely different people than they were prior to the Z Apocalypse. And, substantially BETTER people to boot. I'm tired of people just wanting them to have a cheap screw. Rather, these two individuals share so much in common, and their intimate relationship goes so far beyond just the physical and the sexual. I respect the decisions of the creators to not take them in that direction.

Now, to the "Consumed" part. Every single flashback of Carol's had one thing in common: Burning/Fire/Consuming - These two individuals have gone through fire and have come out Badasses and just all around confident, caring, and wise people. Baptism of Fire would have also been an appropriate title, and perhaps a title a little less obscure, but I think the creators wanted the idiots to be frustrated and reward the masses who look a little deeper. I think those that really care about the characters enjoyed this episode. Those that want more quick resolutions, badass zombie fights, etc again left disappointed. No worries, the mid-season finale is coming up. You'll get yours. Meanwhile, I'll revel in these kind of episodes. Keep em coming. They're what make TWD the best show currently on TV... Hannibal a close 2nd.

Glen A. Larson Has Passed (Article) - 11/17/2014 8:40:43 AM

Yes, my youth was tagged by his talent. One less icon, one less dreamer, but his legacy continues...

Christoph Waltz Cast In James Bond 24?! (Article) - 11/14/2014 1:01:50 PM

@monkeyfoot - good guy in django

Hateful Eight Cast Announced (Article) - 11/10/2014 9:20:04 AM

heh, wouldn't it be a fanboy wet dream if QT was tasked to make a movie whose setting and story took place in nothing but the Mos Eisley Cantina, or in Jabba's Palace? Wow.

Hateful Eight Cast Announced (Article) - 11/10/2014 9:17:55 AM

Can't be a sequel. Samuel J. played an entirely different character in Django. Just a similar time. QT loved spaghetti westerns, old Kung Fu episodes, and 70's pulp shows. All his movies have a hint and flavor of those movies with lots of close up facial shots, etc. I would love for him to enter the world of martial arts again like he did in Kill Bill. I have to think after the Hateful Eight, he'd want to do something a little different.

Trailer For H.R. Giger Doc 'Dark Star' (Article) - 11/6/2014 1:14:19 PM

Man, do I respect this man's talent and vision! Loved how he influenced us and gave to us Aliens and so much more! Would have loved how his vision was interpreted for Dune. But, wow, what a scary individual. If someone told me tomorrow they found the remains of 6000 mutilated animals around his estate I wouldn't even be surprised. But, I guess he liked that aura being a recluse. Mysterious and creepy. It's what his art emanated... a reflection of the man.

And don't anyone falsely insinuate from my words I think he was an animal abuser, or any other nefarious misdeed of the kind.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Official Main Trailer (Article) - 11/6/2014 1:03:27 PM

yay, no more running around in catacombs, tree branches, dungeons, caves, waterfalls, etc. not sure I like how they really douchebagged up the ol' green elf lord, or HGH'ed the orc commander (that one I can forgive I guess).

Good additions: Evangeline Lilly, love triangle with Legolas and the dwarf

Poor creative choices: 3 movies instead of 2, the buffooning and clumsification of Smaug, making the Mirkwood trek into a 15 minute mazefest, the barrel chase scene, the run around amok the Lonely Mountain (Tom and Jerry) scene... overall, making the movie less intelligent, catering to the ADHD minions

They have a chance to salvage it with this movie... I'm hoping. I really have not enjoyed these flicks anywhere near as much as LotR.

The Walking Dead: Slabtown Review (Article) - 11/4/2014 9:47:58 AM

I have no idea what his sexual preference is, and frankly, it is irrelevant to his behavior. He came off as arrogant, pompous, and overall absurd. Prior to his comments about the politics of the hospital when he was just gushing over Beth's acting on the rooftop, I was reminded he's an actor's actor. There's a Hollywood culture that most of the world doesn't know about. You witness it when you go to restaurants, clubs, etc where you see these buffoons in real life as they method act, sing out in public, and basically pine for the public attention even when not performing... in fact, they ARE always performing, always chasing for attention. Attention whores. And, they are FAKE. They've lost most of any semblance of individual self as they're constantly playing out as other people. Human psychology can't take it for long. Poor Heath Ledger succumbed to it. So have so many others. Unfortunately, they're infatuated with their own self worth, and it leads to being so damn condescending to others. Thanks for telling me his name because he's now the poster boy for that Hollywood fakeness. Ok, now I've gone and done what I shouldn't... poured on more attention when he should get none.

CALAMITYJOHNSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA