All CalamityJohnson's Comments

Jurassic World Trailer Has Arrived (Article) - 11/25/2014 1:40:27 PM

cheap Hollywood gimmick to increase scare factor: place children in harms way. It was forgivable in the first one, but then they had to invent ways to get a kid into the story. African American girl daughter of wasshisface? That was the worst offender by far. Spielberg should have known better. I'll probably give this a try, but i'm also seeing cheap Hollywood gimmick 2.0 at play in this one. Inject dozens of meaningless characters which the viewers haven't invested in to show as many ways as possible people getting munched. That way the CGI fanboys can get their thrill. So yeah, two immediate concerns blatantly apparent from the trailer.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer Screening Details (Article) - 11/24/2014 1:15:51 PM

oooh, Irvine spectrum. great date night excursion! ...and the wif don't need know the ulterior motives.

The Walking Dead: Consumed Review (Article) - 11/19/2014 7:52:17 AM

yet again mania zonked my message... dam your idiotic filters

New Peanuts Trailer (Article) - 11/18/2014 3:52:52 PM

love me some peanuts. great times. good memories.

The Walking Dead: Consumed Review (Article) - 11/18/2014 1:50:21 PM

Carol and Darryl are perhaps the fan's two favorite characters who developed a very tight and close relationship in the first three seasons, but last season were geographically separated and this was the reunion we all wanted and NEEDED to witness. Pay attention to the title of the episode: Consumed. It was a theme and one that most fans missed entirely. These are perhaps the two most embattled, changed characters in all of TWD. They are completely different people than they were prior to the Z Apocalypse. And, substantially BETTER people to boot. I'm tired of people just wanting them to have a cheap screw. Rather, these two individuals share so much in common, and their intimate relationship goes so far beyond just the physical and the sexual. I respect the decisions of the creators to not take them in that direction.

Now, to the "Consumed" part. Every single flashback of Carol's had one thing in common: Burning/Fire/Consuming - These two individuals have gone through fire and have come out Badasses and just all around confident, caring, and wise people. Baptism of Fire would have also been an appropriate title, and perhaps a title a little less obscure, but I think the creators wanted the idiots to be frustrated and reward the masses who look a little deeper. I think those that really care about the characters enjoyed this episode. Those that want more quick resolutions, badass zombie fights, etc again left disappointed. No worries, the mid-season finale is coming up. You'll get yours. Meanwhile, I'll revel in these kind of episodes. Keep em coming. They're what make TWD the best show currently on TV... Hannibal a close 2nd.

Glen A. Larson Has Passed (Article) - 11/17/2014 8:40:43 AM

Yes, my youth was tagged by his talent. One less icon, one less dreamer, but his legacy continues...

Christoph Waltz Cast In James Bond 24?! (Article) - 11/14/2014 1:01:50 PM

@monkeyfoot - good guy in django

Hateful Eight Cast Announced (Article) - 11/10/2014 9:20:04 AM

heh, wouldn't it be a fanboy wet dream if QT was tasked to make a movie whose setting and story took place in nothing but the Mos Eisley Cantina, or in Jabba's Palace? Wow.

Hateful Eight Cast Announced (Article) - 11/10/2014 9:17:55 AM

Can't be a sequel. Samuel J. played an entirely different character in Django. Just a similar time. QT loved spaghetti westerns, old Kung Fu episodes, and 70's pulp shows. All his movies have a hint and flavor of those movies with lots of close up facial shots, etc. I would love for him to enter the world of martial arts again like he did in Kill Bill. I have to think after the Hateful Eight, he'd want to do something a little different.

Trailer For H.R. Giger Doc 'Dark Star' (Article) - 11/6/2014 1:14:19 PM

Man, do I respect this man's talent and vision! Loved how he influenced us and gave to us Aliens and so much more! Would have loved how his vision was interpreted for Dune. But, wow, what a scary individual. If someone told me tomorrow they found the remains of 6000 mutilated animals around his estate I wouldn't even be surprised. But, I guess he liked that aura being a recluse. Mysterious and creepy. It's what his art emanated... a reflection of the man.

And don't anyone falsely insinuate from my words I think he was an animal abuser, or any other nefarious misdeed of the kind.

CALAMITYJOHNSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA