All CalamityJohnson's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 3:03:51 PM

I loved the Rogue from the late 80's and early 90's where she still had all of Ms. Marvel's powers (never understood why she didn't have force blasts in addition to flight, invulnerability, and strength) in addition to her psyche/power absorption. She charged into battle, kissed their powerhouse to knock him comatose, and then kicked ass. Screw this emo'ed up Rogue. She's a third tier hero now. Gambit got in her mind and it screwed her.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 11:54:59 AM

Hand check!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 11:32:51 AM

To each their own, but wow, yeah, she doesn't do it for me even in the slightest. She's good at portraying the sister of your buddy, or the naïve girl next door, but not the steamy redhead hotty Jean Grey with a myriad of internal turmoil. Maybe she'll surprise the hell outta me. For now color me dubious.

IMAX Game of Thrones Teaser (Article) - 1/23/2015 11:28:56 AM

I'd rather see the last two episodes of GoT than Birdman, but that's just me.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 9:17:59 AM

Sansa as Jean Grey? I could have seen her as Lorna Dane, but not Jean Grey. This is supposed to be the chick who gets Logan and Scott all up in their jitters? Nah.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/22/2015 3:51:22 PM

Y'all catch TJ's empassioned response to the Marvel Universe retcon? Looking forward to that editorial.

Marvel as we know it is done! (Article) - 1/22/2015 3:50:14 PM

I have to say I echo some of TJ's sentiments, but the convoluted mess that is today's Marvel almost makes it necessary. However, if it means the death of Peter Parker, and gets rid of many age old favorites like Steve Rogers, then it will be a fiasco, a complete shambles that will alienate thousands of fans. I'm dubious at the same time as I'm intrigued. Do we really believe that Cap would fight himself in order to exist? Is this going to have continuity problems like Nate Grey existing alongside Nathan Summers? Two Spidermans? Miles and Peter? Ugh... Don't get me started on what might spring from this. I posted earlier what I hoped would birth from this, but I don't see the men in charge going down that road. I see them wanting to throw away conventional wisdom and embrace divisiveness and inject their version of artificial drama. Would the Ultimate version of Cyclops fall in love with the 616 version of Jean Grey? Oh man, this makes me want to puke... DC, this could be your chance to grab the limelight. What you go going?

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/22/2015 8:14:54 AM

If it were the Jags or Titans it would have been a minor headline and nobody would have said anything. It's the Pats and so they make it major headlines. I am purposefully avoiding the commentary and discussion because I find it absurd. I've played with regular footballs, nerfs, and everything in between. Can't say as I noticed even one iota of difference in the way me and my friends performed due to the football. So OVERHYPED. And, btw, go Pats! Screw the haters.

So is Golden State the favorite to win the NBA championship this year? Wow. Would be nice to see a new team vie for the trophy.

NEW Everly Trailer (Article) - 1/22/2015 8:02:06 AM