All CalamityJohnson's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 2:11:49 PM

@Vermithraxpajorative -

@ aegrant -

Same as above with isgrimner. Join the throng!

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 2:09:11 PM

monkeyfoot, have you joined the FB page yet? I sent you an invite.

@isgrimner - remember to join us on FB, bro. friend me at calamitous Johnson and i'll send you an invite. I think we are at 31 likes already reaching 36 members. pretty good crew so far.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 2:07:11 PM

Yes! Dave was Hurley's imaginary friend in the psychiatric hospital. He appeared again on the island and tried to lure Hurley off a cliff until Libby saved his life. The smoke monster posing as Hurley's imaginary friend from his time at the hospital insinuated the smoke monster could read minds. Well, I guess appearing as Christian Shephard and Eko's brother would also insinuate this as well.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/18/2015 1:31:47 PM

makes me want to dig through my old comics stored at my dad's house. got like 20,000 or so stashed there. like every uncanny x-men from 185 to 500 or so... oh and my DD collections... wow, I miss my books. strikeforce was a great unknown comic. I think that X-Statix had a similar tone. Another underestimated book.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 1:27:26 PM

To my knowledge the smoke monster is a douchebag, and always appeared as a beacon of despair. Just really clashes with Kate's horse. But, to tell you the truth, I think the writers really dropped the ball with the smoke monster. I don't think they wanted it to be a dinosaur, and they didn't have the tech/CGI funding to make it more than smoke, so they went that direction, and they really didn't have a solid idea what they were gonna do with it in the beginning anyway. At first Danielle called it a security system. After 17 years you'd think she knew what she was talking about. Then, at last we find out it's the counterpart of Jacob (or one of the brothers anyway - a malicious entity). I think the disjointed visions, etc got a little confusing to coordinate so the writers left it to us to speculate. But, I think it's fair to at least acknowledge the smoke monster took on the guise of the following folks:

Jack's Dad

Eko's brother

man in black

Walt

Locke

Again, what form did it take when it tried to lure Hurley to his death?

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 12:49:47 PM

@ Karas - Didn't mention Sawyer seeing him as a reason it wasn't the smoke monster. It very well could have been the smoke monster. I'm just saying it's never been confirmed. I actually counted the horse to be just another strange animal (polar bear) on the island... and a positive portend, one that signified hope... which the smoke monster almost never appeared as.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/18/2015 12:15:13 PM

damn... had no idea a show was in the works. It'd work great on the screen. Yep, like you said, don't get attached to the characters!

There were even a couple graphic novels that followed it up. I think Mark Bagley got his start at Marvel drawing for Strikeforce: Morituri

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 12:05:02 PM

I meant Jack's dad. D'oh.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 12:03:54 PM

Damn, Karas, you did pretty good.

1. Right-O. Libby's husband died which caused her to go into a deep depression (thus in the psychiatric ward at the same time as Hurley). He left her a boat and when she heard of Desmond's plight (just a casual discussion while in a coffee shop) she gave it to him for the race.

2. /tosses memory pills

3. this one always puzzled me too

4. Right-O again. What was he doing?

5. Horse was never confirmed. They never resolved the whole Kate/Horse thing. Sawyer saw the horse too. Locke, Locke's dad, Eko's brother were all forms he took. Not sure about Danielle's murdered husband.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 11:40:39 AM

@ Milean -

1. Sorry, wrong

2. 1/2 right

3. nope

4. great out of the blue guess, but nope

5. I should have worded the question better. Other than the monster itself, what 5 forms did the smoke monster take? Jack's dad, Locke, man in black are all correct. Can you name two others?

CALAMITYJOHNSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA