All Calibur454's Comments

Showing items 1,641 - 1,650 of 1,650
<<  <  162 163 164 165

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/8/2009 10:35:16 AM

Damn this sucks. I've been waiting for a couple of years just to see an anouncent for Genshiken 2. Now they don't know when it will come out!!! Well hopefully we won't have to wait for another 2 years for it. CRAP!!!!

NekoMimiMode (Profile) - 3/28/2009 7:22:18 AM

Thank you for the extra info you put out on the Anime Insider folds column. It's greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to check some of them out.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/27/2009 11:24:13 AM

This really stinks, Now the only other magazine that I am aware of is Otaku usa and there is no telling how long that one will last now. Also what will happen to the rest of the issues that we didn't get through oru membverships? It will come to a point that only online sites like Mania, toonzone.org and anime news network will be the only sources out there for serious otaku to get their info. Also how on earth will we know what type of anime will be coming out of the wood work and how will we decide if we like it or not?

Are there any other magazines that have centered themselves on anime that I haven't heard about or any other websites for that matter for decent anime news other than the ones I have listed?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/25/2009 7:18:23 AM

Hot damn!!! It's about bloody time Genshiken 2 saw a release date. We've only been waiting for a couple of years now since it was first announced. Despite the long delay this is a title that will definetly be in my collection

The Manic Maniac: Why Do Video Game Movies Inherently Suck? (Article) - 10/17/2008 11:59:39 AM

<p>I just came from the theater watching this movie and compared to other video game bombs like house of the dead and DOOM this one ranks very well. Critics are not fond of Payne but they normally are not when movies are based on video games. This one did right uy the game from what i could tell. I never played the game but knew about it.</p> <p>There were only 3 scenes dedicated to the bullet time that Payne became famous for in the game and thankfully it wasn't to comical and it was used in the right way. Thank god that none of&nbsp; the actual video game was cut into the movie. This type of homage rarely ever works and the only way that I have seen that work is in the&nbsp;movie HITMAN. The story line line wasn't as strong but it will keep your interest going. (WATCH&nbsp;THE&nbsp;CREDITS&nbsp;ROLL!!!) theres a scene after the movie credits that lead to a possible sequel. Of course this depends on how well this movie does in theaters.</p> <p>I give this movie a Strong B </p>

WANTED comes home December 2nd (Article) - 10/16/2008 7:42:32 AM

<p>akobus,</p> <p>Your missing the point of wanted. The superhero aspect of the movie was deliberatley taken out of the picture. Even Millar himself had said in the begining that Wanted wasn't suposed to be a superhero book, it&nbsp;just&nbsp;turned out that way.&nbsp; Its a really good idea if you think about some of the charachters from the comic. I highly doubt that a charachter like s***head would look good on the movie screen without being fake even with the type of computer effects that are out there nowadays. Wanted is going to become on of those classic cult movies. Yea it had a lot of corny moments but it was a lot of fun too. Mindless violence with plenty of action. Not to mention that even Angelina herself has said that this might very well be her last action movie. I wont buy the big collector's set of Wanted but the two disc widescreen dvd is something i'll gladly add to my collection along with with the upcoming Dark Knight DVD.</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/11/2008 10:59:39 AM

Hopefully Geneon will let Funimation Re-Release old series titles not currently in circulation and have them in collections at a cheaper price. Titles like Samurai Champloo, Dual, and R.O.D. TV series are just some of the titles to name a few. Most of these titles are hard to get and if you can find them they cost an arm and a leg to buy. Here's hoping that Geneon will do the right thing.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/11/2008 7:30:00 AM

It's about bloody time!!!! I absolutely loved the manga series and now I can finally see the entire tv series and compare it to the manga. Now only if we heard word about when the rest of Genshiken will be anounced for US release!!!

Death Note Box Set 1 (Article) - 8/14/2008 11:27:28 AM

I'm happy to see that this series is being offered in collections before the dvds have finished their official run. Its a welcome change to the year long wait or more that it normally takes to see a complete collection come out. I have enjoyed this series tremendously while watching it on adult swim. I have already preordered this first collection and I am also looking forward to the Death Note Complete manga box set that will be coming out this October.

Kujibiki Unbalance Vol. #3 (Article) - 8/14/2008 11:12:03 AM

Kujibiki has to be viewed for what it is. It's an anime that spoofs other anime with a harem like love story comedy added on the side. The golden easter eggs on these three dvds are of course the long awaited release of the Genshiken Ova series. I'm not saying that Kujibiki is bad. It does have its moments of laugh out loud slapstick and even has some fanservice. Overall I have to give Kujibiki a C. This series does give Genshiken fans a kick and yes all Genshiken fans I have talked to get the tounge in check joke about how the ova's were released but it has been quite awhile since the first season of Genshiken was released and most fans just want to see Season 2 of the show finally arrive on dvd shelves. Now that the final ova is coming out fans of Genshiken will get that wish. Media Blasters announced the second season of Genshiken in 2007 so I have a feeling we will finally see those long awaited dvds come out sometime within the next year. My gut feelings are telling me that a Genshiken dvd containing all 3 ovas may be relased first and then the second season will come out. However I won't hold my breath until a more official release date is announced for season 2

CALIBUR454'S MANIACAL PERSONA