All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,224

First Look: The Birth of a New Hero in CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 (Article) - 9/10/2014 12:42:19 PM

Rick Remender sucks.  The entire Dimension Z storyline has been crap, and the art has been something only worthy of toilet paper decoration.  Remender has NO idea how to write Captain America or his supporting cast or villains.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Article) - 9/9/2014 11:59:30 AM

Also, yes, Agents of SHIELD isn't perfect.  We get it.  It's still a lot better than those OTHER Marvel shows... oh, wait.  There isn't any other.  This is a first for them.  So cut some slack and let's see what Season 2 can do!!  (Also, as a Joss Whedon-based show, let's take a moment and be grateful that they GET a second season!!)

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Article) - 9/9/2014 11:58:01 AM

Thank you, karas1!!!

The Summer of '84: Sheena (Article) - 8/19/2014 2:28:27 PM

Yeah, all I remember about this movie was Tanya Roberts' boobs.  And how they looked even bigger and more impressive in this film than they did in Beastmaster or A View to a Kill.  Really.  That's all I've got.  LOL.

Dwayne Johnson Confirms Shazam Role (Article) - 8/19/2014 2:10:14 PM

I agree with Eldogg ^^^^.  I can't see Johnson as Shazam, but I can DEFINITELY see him as Black Adam.

ANT-MAN Begins Production (Article) - 8/18/2014 2:27:35 PM

I'm still really worried that they are aiming to make this more comedy than action or sci-fi film.  There's a lot of potential in Ant-Man, and the choice of cast and director really makes me nervous.

I AM, however, glad to see that they are bringing back John Slattery, presumably to play Howard Stark in a flashback or two.  I like seeing tie-ins to other films like that.

Episode VII Villains Revealed? (Article) - 8/18/2014 10:41:05 AM

So, opening 20th Century Fox fanfare/Disney opening, fade to deep space, the John Williams music starts, the opening scroll brings us back to the galaxy far, far away... and then, as the scroll fades into the inky black distance of deep space, we pan down to...

A mysterious, pale hand gripping a lightsaber floating and spinning aimlessly through space.

WHAT?

And then, when the hand floats too near a planet's gravity, it gets pulled down and into the atmosphere, crashes on the planet.... and neither the hand nor the lightsaber gets immolated upon entry through the atmosphere?

Ummmm......

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN - New Creative Team (Article) - 8/18/2014 10:36:13 AM

Yeah.  Don't read it.  Don't care.  Sounds like more DC shenanigans from the 'genius' of Dan Didio.

Mania Review: The Expendables 3 (Article) - 8/16/2014 8:06:33 AM

I'm all over this.  Can't wait to see it.

The Summer of '84: Red Dawn (Article) - 8/14/2014 1:17:33 PM

Early warning stations in Hawaii are admitted to have been taken out, and our Pacific Coast, even back in the 80s, is a lot of space to guard and not that well protected.  Our biggest defense from invasion has always been the ocean.  If planes full of airborne units wanted to fly into the middle of the U.S., I actually kind of believe that they could, especially if they were coming up from Cuba by way of a Communist Mexico.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible TODAY.

This movie was not jingoistic, as our country was not being aggressive against others in the film - we were on the defensive.  It WAS very patriotic and very pro-America, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, Rob, though you often sound in your reviews like you consider it to be.  The 80s were very patriotic times, with the Cold War at every one's doorstep from the moment you woke up every day.  Patriotism is what helped people deal with the fear of it all.

This film was a coping mechanism, I think, as well as a look at how vulnerable we really were, how much we took for granted, all wrapped in the shell of an action movie.  Your hindsight seems to be a bit negatively inclined, and that subjective tone doesn't help the review.

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA