All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,254

Marvel's SECRET WARS LIVE KICKOFF Event (Article) - 1/14/2015 11:24:07 AM

I'm so tired of having the "foundations of the Marvel Universe as you know it" shaken, upheaved, overturned, or otherwise disturbed... mostly because it happens so often that there IS NO FOUNDATION LEFT.  I have such event-fatigue that I think I'm suffering from a Crisis of Infinite Marketing Bullshit.

STOP WITH THE MEGA-EVENTS ALREADY!!  I'd like to see five years of status quo before they start trying to shake my foundations again.

CASTLE: Castle, P.I. Review (Article) - 1/14/2015 7:22:08 AM

I was a huge fan of the show the first couple of seasons.  As it has progressed, though, I feel like all the drama has been drained out of it, and far to much comedy has been inserted, most of which being dropped on Nathan Fillion, while the rest of the characters seem to serve as an army of straight men to Castle's incompetent, bumbling buffoon.

I stopped watching about 5 episodes ago.  I see that my decision was well-placed.  I would just be aggravated to be watching the show go where it is now venturing.

The Walking Dead: Season 5.5 Trailer (Article) - 1/11/2015 3:07:07 PM

"Get back in the house, Carl!"

Weather Wizard Cast For Flash Series (Article) - 1/7/2015 5:54:44 PM

Ummm... what happened to Clyde Mardon?  (Yes, I saw the episode, so I know what literally happened to him, but we've already had a Weather Wizard on the show.  This isn't huge news, then.)

Yellowjacket Image Surfaces from Ant-Man (Article) - 12/30/2014 7:24:08 AM

No Clark Gregg in the cast?!?!  Where is the Director of SHIELD?!  I guess we can hope for a post-credits "surprise" appearance.

The Winter of '84: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (Article) - 12/27/2014 5:57:51 PM

I still remember the scene where he breakdances on the ceiling... but that's all I can remember of this.

Luke Cage Cast for Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones (Article) - 12/24/2014 7:56:56 PM

I'm excited about this!!

THE PHOENIX PROJECT - Trailer (Article) - 12/16/2014 6:32:42 PM

This movie was made before. It was called "Flatliners."

And also "meh" with an extra side order of "pfah."

Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Theatrical Teaser Trailer (Article) - 12/10/2014 11:09:44 AM

I saw the entire film at a sneak preview on Monday.  It's amazing.  Definite B if not higher (depending on what you want to get out of it.)  It's 2 hours of vehicular warfare.  Tom Hardy is perfect as Max, possibly doing a better job as the "man of few words" survivor than Mel Gibson did in the originals.  Charlize Theron's Furiosa is a perfect partner for Max.  The villains are all the expected and appropriate hordes of screaming, mutated psychos that one wants in such a film.

For purists, the story does stray a bit from the series, but the spirit of George Miller's original is alive and well and kicking a LOT of post-apocalyptic ass.

Dialogue is minimal, and there isn't much backstory given on anyone, including Max, so if you didn't see the original or Road Warrior, you might feel like character development is non-existent.  And basically, it is.  This isn't a Lifetime Movie Channel, touchy-feely, let's-find-ourselves-and-learn-a-valubale-lesson-about-humanity film.  This is balls to the wall, V8 engines and jury-rigged weapons, huge explosions, and practical effects, in-your-face-and-kiss-my-ass-if-you-don't-like-it adrenaline-fest.  I seriously think that, if one were to do a time count of it, the characters spend a grand total of about 20 minutes out of their vehicles through the whole thing.  The rest is on the move, and most of that is stunts, booms, crashes, and roaring engines.

My only caveat to all of this is that we were all advised that we weren't seeing the final cut of the film.  In fact, they were doing another screening fo the movie in the theater next to the one I was in, with apparently a slightly different edit of the film.  (It did appear that most of the effects and CGI were in place, though.)  So my few complaints about lacking much character or backstory for the uninitiated might get handled before the May release.

I think the film was great fun, and I can't wait to see it again.

Jessica Jones is Krysten Ritter?! (Article) - 12/8/2014 8:44:58 AM

Definitely not my first choice for Jessica Drew, but we'll see what she can do.  Marvel hasn't gone wrong yet.

In Kevin Feige I trust.