All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 31 - 40 of 1,166

Arrow - Full Circle Extended Trailer (Article) - 3/6/2014 12:15:19 PM

So.  Very.  Teased.

3 More for Constantine TV Pilot (Article) - 3/6/2014 12:05:46 PM

I'll give this a chance, but I really have trouble seeing how this can work on network T.V.  Constantine is a very dark, harsh comic.  The conversion will be very interesting to see, if it's pulled off effectively.

The Birds Remake Coming from Michael Bay (Article) - 3/1/2014 6:09:47 PM

Wiseguy, don't forget the spinning camera shot (also in slow/mo) as the hero(es) stand up with the camera rotating around them.

This is terrible in a way that I cannot imagine.

The Flash: First Costume Photo (Article) - 2/28/2014 4:50:00 PM

That outfit actually looks really good!

Heroes Reborn: 2015 Teaser Trailer (Article) - 2/23/2014 10:25:35 AM

^^^ I'm with Jarrod!  I loved Season 1, Season 2 sorta lost me, and Season 3 was a giant WTF.  It seemed like every season they picked up as if lots of other things had happened in the off-season and they forgot to fill all of us in on what those events were.  Kring definitely needs to keep a tight leash on the writers this time... and keep them away from the drugs, if possible.  And they definitely need a whole new cast and characters.  Reboot the whole thing, if possible.

Spring of '84: Footloose (Article) - 2/22/2014 2:17:36 PM

"LET'S DANCE!!"

I loved this movie when I was 10.  I still love it.  It's simple, energetic, and fun.  If anything, I think Rob's review is just a little too harsh.  The remake is a note-for-note rehash with slightly less talented actors, but I think it makes a point about the original - sometimes we need to remember the innocence.  In our cynical, post-9/11 world where every trip to the airport is an exercise in armed interrogation and invasion of privacy, every newscast reminds us that our politicians are bought-and-paid-for asspuppets, and every film is about bigger explosions and better car chases (with less sex and nudity!)... movies like "Footloose" and "The Muppets" are necessary to show us a simpler life, to remind us that we can relax and forget all the tragedy, anger, and frustration and just... live!  It's okay to not be cynical and hyper-critical and hyper-vigilant ALL the time.

Footloose is definitely a movie of its zeitgeist, but it still bears watching today.  Not as escapism or empty-headed Don-Simpson-esque popcorn filler, but as a film that reminds us what innocence and purity of soul look and feel like again.

Jai Courtney for Terminator Reboot (Article) - 2/20/2014 11:08:03 AM

<insert nerd rage here>

I'm just too tired to unload like I should.  This is just... stupid.  Top to bottom stupid.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 TRAILER 3 (Article) - 2/13/2014 12:26:35 PM

Aaaaand... it's gone.  :(

Tarzan Release Date Set (Article) - 2/13/2014 12:26:01 PM

"The film will also feature Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz."

Yes, because EVERY movie has to have at least ONE of them nowadays.  Both is like an alignment of the stars for Hollywood execs.

Mania Review: Robocop (Article) - 2/13/2014 9:30:03 AM

Kennynine, thanks for the response! My kids can definitely handle Transformers and G.I. Joe, so I guess we're green light for the movie on Saturday! Good lookin' out, sir.

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA