All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 31 - 40 of 1,169

First Constantine Photos Emerge (Article) - 3/13/2014 10:12:45 AM

He absolutely has the right look!!  But I remain skeptical about the rest of the show's authenticity and loyalty to the source material.

Lady Sif on Agents of SHIELD Clip (Article) - 3/11/2014 10:11:15 AM

Loving this show.

Terry Crews for Luke Cage? (Article) - 3/11/2014 10:03:22 AM

Terry Crews would be perfect as Luke Cage.

Arrow - Full Circle Extended Trailer (Article) - 3/6/2014 12:15:19 PM

So.  Very.  Teased.

3 More for Constantine TV Pilot (Article) - 3/6/2014 12:05:46 PM

I'll give this a chance, but I really have trouble seeing how this can work on network T.V.  Constantine is a very dark, harsh comic.  The conversion will be very interesting to see, if it's pulled off effectively.

The Birds Remake Coming from Michael Bay (Article) - 3/1/2014 6:09:47 PM

Wiseguy, don't forget the spinning camera shot (also in slow/mo) as the hero(es) stand up with the camera rotating around them.

This is terrible in a way that I cannot imagine.

The Flash: First Costume Photo (Article) - 2/28/2014 4:50:00 PM

That outfit actually looks really good!

Heroes Reborn: 2015 Teaser Trailer (Article) - 2/23/2014 10:25:35 AM

^^^ I'm with Jarrod!  I loved Season 1, Season 2 sorta lost me, and Season 3 was a giant WTF.  It seemed like every season they picked up as if lots of other things had happened in the off-season and they forgot to fill all of us in on what those events were.  Kring definitely needs to keep a tight leash on the writers this time... and keep them away from the drugs, if possible.  And they definitely need a whole new cast and characters.  Reboot the whole thing, if possible.

Spring of '84: Footloose (Article) - 2/22/2014 2:17:36 PM

"LET'S DANCE!!"

I loved this movie when I was 10.  I still love it.  It's simple, energetic, and fun.  If anything, I think Rob's review is just a little too harsh.  The remake is a note-for-note rehash with slightly less talented actors, but I think it makes a point about the original - sometimes we need to remember the innocence.  In our cynical, post-9/11 world where every trip to the airport is an exercise in armed interrogation and invasion of privacy, every newscast reminds us that our politicians are bought-and-paid-for asspuppets, and every film is about bigger explosions and better car chases (with less sex and nudity!)... movies like "Footloose" and "The Muppets" are necessary to show us a simpler life, to remind us that we can relax and forget all the tragedy, anger, and frustration and just... live!  It's okay to not be cynical and hyper-critical and hyper-vigilant ALL the time.

Footloose is definitely a movie of its zeitgeist, but it still bears watching today.  Not as escapism or empty-headed Don-Simpson-esque popcorn filler, but as a film that reminds us what innocence and purity of soul look and feel like again.

Jai Courtney for Terminator Reboot (Article) - 2/20/2014 11:08:03 AM

<insert nerd rage here>

I'm just too tired to unload like I should.  This is just... stupid.  Top to bottom stupid.

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA