All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 811 - 820 of 1,191

Reynolds Unsure of DEADPOOL Future (Article) - 9/22/2010 9:28:17 AM

Diane Nelson.  Moron.

Hood Takes ENDER'S GAME (Article) - 9/21/2010 9:20:40 AM

I haven't read Ender's Game since Cinescape was just a magazine!  (I think I just aged myself.)  I remember liking it, though.  I think it'd make a decent movie.  I'm not sure that I have much faith in Gavin Hood, though, after "Wolverine" turned out to be so awful.

BILL & TED Returning? (Article) - 9/21/2010 6:15:41 AM

"Bill and Ted reach middle age."

"Bogus."

MGM Debt Resolution Planned (Article) - 9/17/2010 3:57:14 PM

I need the next Bond movie while Daniel Craig is still young enough to do it!

New PRIEST Posters Online (Article) - 9/16/2010 7:17:09 PM

DISLIKE!  I want Renner in a HAWKEYE costume.  He's Hawkeye, he should be dressed like Hawkeye.  None of this Ultimates BS.  If you want to do an Ultimates movie, call it "The Ultimates" and move on.  I won't go see it, but whatever.  If you're gonna do an AVENGERS movie, then go for the costumes and the full comic book regalia.  It worked for Spider-Man and Iron Man.  Whereas the whole "we'll be more realistic and wear black leather"-plan did NOT work so well for X-men.  In fact that was one of the biggest flaws in the first X-men movie.

AIRBENDER Hits Blu Nov. 16 (Article) - 9/15/2010 1:08:05 PM

Yeah, sorry Dazzler, but this movie was a steaming pile.  The humor of the show was totally absent, the special effects were half-assed and weak (other than the giant wave at the end which wasn't even in the TV show, and led to one of the most inexplicable endings in the history of cinema), a cast that was so ethnically confused that midget Italian/Somali/Inuit pygmies living on a Navajo Reservation went "WTF?", and actors and a director who apparently couldn't even pronounce the characters' names properly.  It's "Aang," NOT "Awhng!"

Oh, and with all due respect to the Daily Show, Asif Mandvi had NO business trying to play a Fire Nation warlord.  He came off like a comedian out of water.  He looked so uncomfortable in his role that I felt bad for him.

Like I said back when the movie was reviewed here on Mania:  My daughter and I walked out of the theater, and even she, at the age of 6, said, "That movie was AWFUL!" and listed half a dozen totally accurate complaints about how it was a terrible adaptation, without any prompting from me.  When a 6-year old can shred your movie, you should probably hang up the director's headphones and go back to dental school.

Resident Evil: Afterlife Movie Review (Article) - 9/11/2010 8:54:02 AM

Rob, I think you meant to say that most zombie movies have more "brrraaaaaaaaains."

Sorry, the joke needed to be said.

New PRIEST Trailer Online (Article) - 9/11/2010 8:52:10 AM

I wonder if "Jonah Hex" will end up getting a Director's Cut that makes the movie more palatable, a la "Daredevil."

"Priest" looks better and better.

First Look: CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 9/9/2010 10:01:38 AM

Epic!!  I am sufficiently teased.  Not THRILLED with this as the final costume, but since Cap undergoes some sort of "costume evolution" during the film and supposedly ends up in the more traditional Cap outfit, I'll take this as a great step in the right direction.

Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES 2 (Article) - 8/31/2010 8:32:28 AM