All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 811 - 820 of 1,203

10 Iconic Anime Vehicles (Article) - 10/5/2010 12:23:10 PM

SDF-1 should be #1.  There is NO more iconic or well-known vehicle from anime than that.  For many, if not most of us, it's the first thing we think of when we think of anime.

The Akira bike... yeah, I guess I can see that.  Maybe not as high as #5 though.

I have to say, I'm surprised to see Galaxy Express on here.  I saw that movie when I was only 8 or 10 years old (back in the early 80s), and never realized it was that well known.  Very cool.

Universal's DEATH RACE 2 Trailer (Article) - 10/4/2010 5:22:14 PM

Yeah.  Typical DTV junk.  Might be worth a Netflix instant play if you're absolutely bored and suffering from insomnia some night.

TV Wasteland: Toil and Trouble (Article) - 10/4/2010 5:13:18 PM

The vagueries of ANY of Fox's decisions (yes, I'm referring to Firefly here) defy anything approaching logic or common sense.  So you're not alone, Rob.

SMALLVILLE - 10.2 - 'Shield' Review (Article) - 10/4/2010 4:47:10 PM

Joe nails it again.  Well said, sir, on all points.

WONDER WOMAN Lassos TV Deal (Article) - 10/1/2010 5:57:16 PM

LAME.

Robotech and Shadow Chronicles Arrive on Netflix (Article) - 9/30/2010 11:49:34 AM

I own all 3 "Acts" of Robotech (planes, tanks, and bikes) on DVD already, but I've never seen "Shadow Chronicles."  I'll have to check that out.  The first Robotech is indeed the greatest cartoon ever (with the exception of Minmay's annoying singing).

First TRUE GRIT Trailer Online (Article) - 9/28/2010 8:03:21 AM

This movie should NEVER have been made.  Hollywood already went too far.  Now they're crossing into complete desecration.

Who is Researching THE WASP and Why? (Article) - 9/27/2010 9:08:55 AM

I <3 Morena Baccarin.  She's be awesome as the Wasp!!!

And the set photos from Captain America have me RIDICULOUSLY excited.  Evans is YOKED OUT.  I've been afraid of getting my hopes up, but MY GOD it looks good so far!!

THOR #615 Review (Article) - 9/23/2010 8:38:30 PM

Can't wait to pick this up.  I actually DID like the Disir storyline in Hell (it wasn't GREAT, but it was solidly good, I thought).  But putting Fraction on this should take Thor to the next level.  I'm glad and excited that it sounds like he has.

Legend of the Guardians Movie Review (Article) - 9/23/2010 7:47:29 PM

Too bad.  I'll still probably see it, because it looks beautiful, but probably wait til DVD.

This will probably be another wonderful book series that never gets entirely converted to film.  When will filmmakers realize that you can't make EPIC movies in 90 minutes?  It's just not possible.  It's like the old "50lbs of sh*t in a 10lb bag" analogy.  It can't possibly fit.  If you're going to do an epic, you have to do it in an epic length.

The best epics?  Braveheart (3 hours), the Lord of the Rings films (3 hours each), even the Harry Potter films clock in at more than 2 hours each.  If you want to really tell a big story, you have to take your time with it a bit.  ESPECIALLY if you plan on making an entire book series into a film franchise.  You need to take your time, build the environment and the world, set the stage.  Movies that failed to do this: "Percy Jackson," "The Last Airbender"... those series will never see franchise.

Very sad.