All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 841 - 850 of 1,128

10 Memorable Characters In Forgettable Movies (Article) - 5/19/2010 10:17:32 AM

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me about those laser walls in Phantom Menace.  They weren't a trap set by Darth Maul, because he looks as surprised and confused at them as the rest of us.  They weren't there to protect anything, because there's nothing beyond to protect but a large hole in the ground.  And why were they on a timer, if they WERE there to protect something.  Really, George Lucas... WTF?!?

First Look: COWBOYS & ALIENS...in 3D? (Article) - 5/19/2010 10:06:55 AM

RE: Tamara Drewe... WTF? Why do we care on this website?  I don't know the character, but it looks like a cutesy scene from a new romcom, not something genre-related that Maniacs should care about.  Am I wrong?  What am I missing?

Supernatural: Swan Song Review (Article) - 5/15/2010 4:18:27 PM

GREAT f*ckin episode!  A  absolutely!  It's so good, I saved it on my TiVo to watch again a couple times before the return next season.

I did NOT see the prophet actually being God.  It makes sense, but it just never occurred to me.

I don't think, however, that Lucifer is still inside Sam.  I think that coda at the end was Sam seeing Dean finally not hunting, finally relaxing and learning how to have a normal family life, to let himself be loved.  And I think Sam is going to see that and walk away, hoping Dean will have a normal life.

Next season will probably suck (though I sincerely hope not, and with this writing staff I have significant reason to think it won't; however,):  A) How can you top this season?!  B) Too much more and the show will jump the shark, which I do NOT want to see.  C) I hope to see next season as sort of a denoument, where they just tie up a few loose ends, perhaps show or hint at the next generation of hunters, and then call it quits.  Anything more than that, and we'll have a show that loses its luster from being overplayed.

Worthington Becomes QUARTERMAIN (Article) - 5/14/2010 2:19:34 PM

Wow... that actually sounds... good!  And, while derivative, it borders on original... or fairly creative, relatively speaking.

BRIGHTEST DAY #1 Review (Article) - 5/11/2010 7:49:41 PM

Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night were awesome.... but I am not spending my money on Brightest Day.  I see no point to it so far, and apparently neither does Ben.

BTW, Ben... where the hell is Spinner Rack lately?!

Farrell Joins FRIGHT NIGHT (Article) - 5/11/2010 8:59:26 AM

Here's an idea:  come up with a vampire movie that ISN'T a remake or (ahem) revamping of an old idea.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't complain.  The vampires in this movie probably won't be shiny and bedazzled, nor so emo that I feel like it's 1996 again.

15 Games to Check Out for May (Article) - 5/10/2010 10:10:06 AM

Red Dead Redemption, Prince of Persia, and Alan Wake all seem like good possibilities, if I have time over the summer, but none of them is really revving my engine.

I just beat Splinter Cell: Conviction and LOVED it.  Now that they revamped the game, but kept the same great characters and tensions, I'm hoping for several sequels.

I'm also most excited for Arkham Asylum 2 and Lego Harry Potter (my daughter and I play through all the Lego games together, so it's great bonding time for us).

I really should invest in a Wii... probably will this Christmas, and this new version sounds like a great deal to do just that.  That Trauma Team game looks really interesting.  I've never even heard of the "trauma franchise."  Are the other games in the series good?  Anyone?

5 Rules for Making THE AVENGERS Movie (Article) - 5/9/2010 10:44:02 AM

WELL said, Mr. Derdowski!!  I agree on ALL points!!

6 Reasons We NEED a He-Man Movie (Article) - 5/9/2010 10:26:16 AM

2 words:  Dolph.  Lundgren.

There is definitely a LOT of potential, but Hollywood knows how to f*** up "great potential" like no one else.  So, until I see a decent trailer that shows character development AND believable effects, I'm not holding my breath.

Besides, at least for me, He-Man was the red-headed step-child of my toy collection back in the 80s:  I was GI Joe first (and THAT was a film abortion!), Transformers second, and then He-Man. I'd rather see a live-action Robotech film first.  Or...you know... a GI Joe film that doesn't suck out loud.

IRON MAN 2 Movie Review (Article) - 5/8/2010 7:48:28 PM

Okay, I saw the movie last night.  Rob, yet again, you are on crack.  If you went in expecting IM 2 to have the same feel and affect on you as IM 1, then that's your fault.  This was an ideal sequel to not only build the characters further, it also expanded the Marvel U, threw in great "Easter Eggs," and had a great feel overall.  Nothing felt forced or phony, nothing was shoehorned in, like an extra bad guy or useless cameo.

It also served as a great set-up for the Avengers, the connection between IM 1, IM 2,  Hulk, and a future Marvel project (which I won't list in case someone hasn't seen it yet).

Totally disagree, Rob.  Yet again, I think you were 1 full grade lower than the movie deserved.  I'd have given it a B .  It lagged a bit in the middle, and I would've liked a bit more from SHIELD and Black Widow (I also would've liked if they'd CALLED her "Black Widow").

My last complaint of the movie was very minor.  I think that for what they did with Whiplash, they should've just used a modernized version of Crimson Dynamo.  The final version of Whiplash that we see was a bad amalgam of Blacklash and Dynamo.  Blacklash/Whiplash in the comics is Italian.  If they wanted an armored opponent to Iron Man, and they wanted a Russian, they should've gone with Dynamo.  That's just personal opinion though - overall it didn't really hurt the movie or the source material to go the way they did.  Thus, for me: B/B

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA