All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 841 - 850 of 1,190

INCEPTION Wins Third Weekend (Article) - 8/2/2010 8:44:59 AM

I can't believe Twilight out-performed Iron Man 2.  That's embarrassing.  (Side note: my daughter got glitter-paint on me yesterday.  I tried to brush it off, which only spread the glitter all over me.  So I danced around singing "I'm a vampire!  Look!  I'm a vampire!"  No one got the joke.  Thank God.)

I haven't seen Inception yet.  I'm gonna go see that and Salt this coming weekend.  But Inception MUST be good.  Not only are all my fellow Maniacs loving it, even my PRIEST talked about it in his sermon yesterday!  (I love my church.  What other religious organization would cite Inception and use "Harry Potter" as their theme for summer bible camp.  LOL!)

Rodriguez closer to DEADPOOL? (Article) - 8/2/2010 8:31:19 AM

Spy Kids 4?  Really?  <sigh>

It's about time that Welling got into the suit.  I mean, Martha Kent already became a super-secret Senatorial spy, Jonathan died 12 years ago, and Lois Lane is about to hit menopause.  I think it's time that Clark stopped his whining and suited up.  I'm just sayin.

Lindelof Rewrites ALIEN Prequel (Article) - 7/30/2010 8:55:41 AM

I'm with Dazzler.  I don't really care about a prequel.  I'd rather see a "re-boot" where we pretend that the 3rd and 4th movies never happened, and we pick up with a now-grown Newt having to endure her second round with the "xenomorphs."

Especially with all the excitement around re-boots lately, I'm amazed someone hasn't picked up William Gibson's script for Aliens 3.  THAT script was bad-ass.

LOL @ Hobbs.  Lindelof = WTF endings.

SCREAM 4 Ghostface Revealed (Article) - 7/30/2010 8:50:52 AM

I just want to see Hayden Panatierre get ganked in the movie, then scream out "Let's see you heal THAT!"

...

No, I'm just kidding.  I would never say anything so stupid.  Out loud.

But I am a little excited about this, thanks to the return of Wes Craven.

Rogen Talks GREEN HORNET (Article) - 7/30/2010 8:47:39 AM

I'm so NOT excited to see this.  Even the chicks who decorated the Green Hornet car out in front of Comic-Con weren't that great.  lol.

You couldn't make this movie serious, Rogen?  Really?  That sounds like the mentality surrounding the old Adam West Batman show.  And that went SO well.  I WAS considering giving Rogen a chance to be a real, grown-up actor who moved beyond playing an ass-hat in all his other roles. But his comments in this article just killed it for me.

The Losers Blu-ray Review (Article) - 7/28/2010 6:04:51 PM

Perfectly accurate review, Tim.  It's a lot of action and noise, but an hour after you leave the theater, you barely remember it.

(Side note: The worst part for me was that "The Losers" was the last I saw of Evans before he was cast as Captain America, so I was terrified that Steve Rogers would be a slapsticks, smart-mouth ass-clown.  I had to watch "Push" again to renew my hopes that he won't screw it up.)

Clash of the Titans Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 7/28/2010 5:59:20 PM

The movie sucked.  The original is not some epic, brilliant masterpiece of its time.... but it IS a great film for it's time, well-acted (Lawrence Olivier!! Even a young Maggie Smith as Hera!!), VERY well directed and scripted, with wonderfully quaint (by comparison) special effects.  In short, if Leterrier had just stuck to the script of the original rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, this might've been a much better movie.

GREEN LANTERN Posters Reveal Sinestro (Article) - 7/27/2010 10:52:15 AM

Ummm... excuse me!!  WTF is Evans wearing?!?!  Is this Ultimate Captain America in a bad cosplay outfit?!  He looks AWFUL!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#@%$#@^#^@ Marvel, !%$#@@ Johnston, #@$%#@%@ can @%$#@ up a wet dream!!!

<sigh>

At least the Green Lantern pics look great.

SDCC: Abrams and Whedon: The Visionaries Panel (Article) - 7/26/2010 10:07:31 AM

Hobbs, have faith that Whedon will do what he always does so right:  navigate an ensemble cast through a great story with outstanding dialogue.  Have faith, brother (though I agree that the Star Trek re-boot was NOT mindblowing as so many others seem to think it was).

Avengers will OWN ALL in 2012.

DVD Shopping Bag: Wolfman Unrated Director%u2019s Cut Blu-ray (Article) - 7/26/2010 9:53:25 AM

Oh, and Rob, as for Director's Cuts... I was sold when I saw the "Aliens" Director's Cut on laser disc back in the 90s.  When Cameron's Director's Cut of that movie hit DVD, I bought it instantly.  SO much better character development, motivation for Ripley to go back to LV-426 with the Marines, and a few awesome extra action scenes.

It was my love for the term "Director's Cut" (and a few positive comments from fellow Maniacs) that led me to buy the Director's Cut of "Daredevil," which is also worth checking out (still not a "great" film, but much better than the original theatrical cut).

So, I definitely share your love and endearment for those two beautiful words "Director's Cut."

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA