All CaptAmerica04's Comments

Showing items 841 - 850 of 1,169

PIRATES 4 Tease at SDCC (Article) - 7/23/2010 9:05:27 AM

I know it won't happen, but I'd LOVE to hear Blackbeard call Capt. Jack a dirty c**ksucker.  LOL!!

13 Cool Cosplay Costumes at Comic-Con (Article) - 7/23/2010 9:03:26 AM

First let me just say that I did NOT authorize that young lady to dress as the Sentinel of Liberty.  Nothing about her makes me want to stand up and salute.

Now, the G4 girls on the other hand.....  They are the only hot thing here.

But the Harley Quinn from the OTHER SDCC picture set on Mania... now SHE was nice to look at!

SDCC: Eckhart Open to Dent Return (Article) - 7/23/2010 8:48:48 AM

They should at least establish that he didn't really die.  I've watched TDK several times, and aside from his one eye not blinking (the side that doesn't have an eyelid anymore), there's nothing said or done to prove that Dent is dead.  The funeral for Harvey Dent at the end is just a further springboard to explain why when he returns he isn't "Harvey Dent" anymore, he's only Two-Face.

Gordon and Batman's only concern at the end of the film is to protect the legacy and good name of Harvey Dent.  They could've staged the funeral to support that story to the public, while they stick him in Arkham as a John Doe coma patient.

So it's totally doable without even much stretch of the imagination or any ret-conning necessary to bring Dent back.

New THOR Pic Online (Article) - 7/19/2010 9:23:37 AM

F---ing AWESOME!!  Next summer is going to be EPIC!!!  THOR FTW!!

HULK/AVENGERS: Norton's Out. Guess Who's In! (Article) - 7/12/2010 7:49:13 AM

Did you see Phoenix on Letterman? The dude has lost his mind. Not to mention... he's just not Bruce Banner. He was great in Gladiator and some of his other movies, but he doesn't belong in the Avengers.

I'm really bummed that Norton won't be returning. I thought he did a GREAT job in The Incredible Hulk and in interviews he sounded really passionate about the character and the comics. Regardless of the reason, this is a blow to the fans. Like Hobbs said, both parties have bad reputations, but in the end it's we, the fans, who have to pay the price (potentially). I hope they find someone decent.

I'm thrilled that this seems to absolutely confirm that Whedon is directing though!!

The trailer for Superman/Batman: Apocalypse looks awesome!!

GREEN LANTERN #55 Review (Article) - 7/8/2010 4:57:14 PM

I usually can't stand anything Lobo-related.  But I have to say that this issued used him perfectly, just enough to move the plot along, not enough for me to start sighing and wondering when he would go back into comics obscurity again and stop soiling the only DC comic I read anymore.  The twist ending was indeed as perfectly set up and used as Chris says.  I'm looking forward to the next issue!

X-MEN Enrolling KICK-ASS Star? (Article) - 7/8/2010 7:55:38 AM

The triangle shield didn't last in the comics too long, so I can forgive it if they just shine past that part and go to the round shield.  After all, I accept that they have to leave SOME stuff out to make a 2-hour movie.  As long as the origin is right and the COSTUME IS RIGHT!  I really hope those illustrations from a few weeks ago were totally wrong, and they don't go all "Ultimates" with it.  This needs to be classic, original Captain America.

Oh, and if they want to really geek me out, just a line mentioning the Invaders would be GREAT!  Hahaha.

Arnold Cameo in PREDATORS 2? (Article) - 7/6/2010 12:13:53 PM

Predators Take Manhatten.

Predators and the City

For the game show/competition crowd: Survivor: Predator

And for the teen/soap-opera/reality types: Predators: 90210 or Predator Shore.

I'm really not feeling this movie.  I loved all the other films (AvP 2 was a little too much, but all the others were good), so I'm not sure what's lacking in this one for me.  Maybe because I don't feel like it's attached to the series in any way.  I get the sense that this is more of a re-boot, and the Predator series does not NEED a re-boot, just a good next movie in the series.

As for the political discussion, I also live in CA.  DaForce, I have to disagree with you.  While the state's problems date back to the late 80s in many (but not all) cases, even then, despite Republican leadership, we've had a FAR-left wing, Democrat congress.  Schwarzenegger came in with great intentions and plans, but he realized that he couldn't get anything done.  So instead he decided to just try and work with the crazy liberals who make all the laws.  When he tried to push that anti-teacher union plan a year into his first term, he didn't spend enough money to advertise it - the unions and the liberals outspent him 10:1 and he got so smoked that he just retreated and started playing their game.  Sadly.

Our State Legislature is the best bunch of radicals and crazies that money can buy.  They've never met a pork-barrel they didn't like, and they think that money DOES grow on palm trees.  We have so much unnecessary legislation, so many ridiculous, anti-business laws and taxes, and SO much pro-illegal immigration insanity (I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why I keep hearing LA mayor Antonio Villeregosa being quoted like he's the President when he's out stumping for illegals), that this state is ungovernable.  It won't be until California officially declares bankruptcy (I'm guessing within about 10 years), that we finally, HOPEFULLY start booting people out of office and press the giant "Reset Button" on California.

Predator does NOT need a re-boot, but California sure as hell does.

The Last Airbender Movie Review (Article) - 7/6/2010 11:43:11 AM

The cartoon rules.  The movie sucks.  Like I said on the weekend box office report, even my 6-year old daughter noticed that all the humor was drained out of the film, and the characters were incredibly weak.  Shyamalan needs therapy.

For once, Rob, I don't think your review was harsh enough.  Even some of the visuals were lacking in the fight scenes.  I'd give this a D at worst, a C-minus at best.

ECLIPSE Tops with $161 Mil Debut (Article) - 7/6/2010 10:43:36 AM

Oh, and Violator, PLEASE do not grade the TV show by the film.  If anything, I'd say Netflix or rent the first season of the show... it'll cleanse your soul of the stain left by that crapfest of a movie.  Give it a chance, and I'll bet you love it.

CAPTAMERICA04'S MANIACAL PERSONA