All CaptQuirk's Comments

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 12/15/2008 6:22:24 AM

<p>Alvin and the Chipmonks, Horton Hears a Who, Fred Claus, and now Power Rangers? Are you stealing your blogs from a 10 year old somewhere, along with his Milk money? What the Hell?</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/11/2008 7:09:20 AM

<p>Actually, I&nbsp;liked the cinematography on Electra. It was a visually stunning film, but I&nbsp;can't say much more for it.</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/11/2008 6:06:13 AM

<p>I&nbsp;can only agree with half of this list. Sure, Batman and Robin deserve to be at the top, as do the original Punisher, Steel, and Superman IV. Ok, maybe one or two others too. But the rest really weren't that bad, as there were certainly far worse examples. </p> <p>Since Cap was always my favorite, I'll start with him. Sure, the Matt Salinger version was off, but not awful. It was the closest we had to a true Captain America film, and far better than the few movies with Reb Brown as Cap.</p> <p>The Original Batman was what it was, and it was meant to be fun, not serious. Being a kid when it came out, I&nbsp;grooved on it, since it was all that we had outside the comics and Hannah Barbara (which was way worse in my opinion!). Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin... Those were suppossed to be serious (The Jury is still out on B&amp;R), and they were God-awful! And it wasn't Clooney that ruined Batman and Robin, it was a turd no matter what he did.</p> <p>Catwoman was an ok flick, not great, not bad, just not the Catwoman everyone was expecting. If and when they do a Flash or Green Lantern, there will certainly be somebody that will bitch if it isn't Barry Allen or Hal Jordan, and that somebody will likely be me. But, it is just a movie after all, try to find something positiveabout it, or just don't watch it.</p> <p>Superman IV was bad, but was it less in character than Superman Returns? Personally, I&nbsp;put all the Superman movies after the first one in the same bin (The trash bin that is), and I still don't think the first one was all that great. Like the Captain America movie, it just missed in my opinion.</p> <p>Phantom and Shadow... I was never a huge fan of either, aside from occassionally reading the Phantom comic strip in the Sunday paper, so I&nbsp;really can't bias my opinion with the original characters. The movies were a little weak, but again, ok stories. Not great, not awful, but watchable if there isn't anything better to do.</p> <p>Daredevil... missed the mark, but not nearly as bad as some of the others mentioned, and not nearly as bad as the X&nbsp;Men.</p> <p>Popeye, again, not the same as the cartoons or the comic strips, but a decent translation into film. I&nbsp;dug the very stylized enviroment of the characters, and enjoyed it. I&nbsp;guess it is just a matter of tastes.</p> <p>Whatever it is, there are likely worse examples of film out there. Enjoy what you can, and be thankful film making is evolving, and we have more choices than our Parents or Grandparents had in the 40's. Hopefully, we'll eventually get the Hero movie we always wanted to see on the big screen. </p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/3/2008 5:25:51 PM

<p>&quot; Ugh. How I am getting old. When I saw the Hulk Family issue &quot;Green Genes&quot; I was expecting a snarky Captain Kangaroo joke. Oh well...&quot;</p> <p>No older than me... but it might also explain the Bunny slippers Hulk wore when he was smart :)</p>

Kevin McKidd still in talks for THOR (Article) - 12/3/2008 5:18:40 PM

<p>A little on the puny side for a Norse God, but he does have a look that I&nbsp;could see working. He would have to get as serious as Stallone did for Rocky though, and put on some major mass.</p>

New updates on WATCHMEN website (Article) - 11/28/2008 6:53:57 AM

<p>Any news on when Watchmen will be released?</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/23/2008 11:17:54 AM

<p>When Jor&nbsp;El wiped Brainiac out of Chloe, there was some ooze that seeped out of her ear, and absorbed into the crystles. I&nbsp;assumed this was Brainiac infecting the crystle structure of the Fortress.</p>

First Look: BATMAN: B & B Episode 1.3 "Evil under the Sea" (Article) - 11/22/2008 4:30:41 AM

<p>I&nbsp;really started to groove on the new show. It had the cool Batmobile and style from the 50's, a bit of humor without going campy... until the second episode. It really went into manga campy with PlasticMan, and that just turned me off. Tone it down a bit more, and you have a good show.</p>

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 11/18/2008 11:27:48 AM

<p>If you aren't familiar with his pre- Undertaker days, you might not know that he was also teamed up with Sid Viscious for a while. They were called the Towers of Power, and carried sledge hammers. Nasty tag team action there!</p>

WINNER: Popeye the Sailor - 1941-1943 Volume 3 (Article) - 11/13/2008 5:04:38 AM

<p>My kids would love this!&nbsp;They will actuall sit and watch these old toons with me, and have a great time. Spinich is still another story :)</p>

CAPTQUIRK'S MANIACAL PERSONA