All ChadDerdowski's Comments

DVD Shopping Bag: The Muppets (Article) - 3/20/2012 10:38:51 AM

It's a shame your theater experience was such a bad one, Bob.  My daughter sat on my lap the entire movie absolutely enthralled by the story (a pretty mean feat for a 3-year old).  When we left, the adults were drying their eyes and reminiscing about their youth while their children sang "Manah manah" all the way to the car.  It was truly an ALL-AGES show and you're actually the first person I've heard of who didn't have this same experience.

Now, a large part of my kid being so into it is the fact that my wife and I "prepped" her over the course of the previous year, watching the old movies as well as our Muppet Show DVDS (which admittedly, was as much for our enjoyment as hers).  I can't speak for the other parents but they must've done the same.

I won't deny that the movie was more for us than our kids though.  A friend of mine called it "a love letter to our childhood".  I think that's a pretty apt description.

DVD Shopping Bag: Challenge of the Gobots Mini-Series (Article) - 5/31/2011 7:55:14 AM

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby... how can Megatron turn into a gun that is big enough to be used by Starscream and later turn into a gun that is small enough to be used by a human?  Why does that helicopter have a robot face?  Well, why does the robot turn into a helicopter in the first place?  And why are there female Go-Bots?  Well Bob, when two Go-Bots really love each other...

Your inner 9-year-old asks too many questions.  You need to get him high and just enjoy the ride, brother!

Reminiscing on Spider-Man%u2019s Rainments (Article) - 4/27/2011 5:43:20 AM

I didn't want to single any one person out, but I guess I will anyway...  truth be told, I owe you the biggest thanks of all, Rob!   And you looked like a genius long before I started writing Comicscape.  Hiring me just cemented it.

TayDor... [sighs and shakes head]  It's okay, buddy.  Calm down.

We%u2019re Sweet on Sweet Tooth (Article) - 4/20/2011 8:10:38 AM

Dude... if she likes Preacher, Walking Dead and Y: the Last Man, then Sweet Tooth is right up her alley!

And better yet - Jeff Lemire is also Canadian, so tell her she's supporting fine Canadian creators!  It's a win-win situation, baby!

We%u2019re Sweet on Sweet Tooth (Article) - 4/20/2011 6:53:41 AM

I don't know if your wife likes comics, jedibanner, but maybe you could win her over by giving her the book to read for herself?  Unlike so many comics out there, this one definitely falls into the category of "female friendly".

And while you're at it, pick her up the first Echo trade... and maybe some flowers.  ;)

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (Article) - 4/13/2011 5:09:18 PM

Bucky as the new U.S. Agent?  Hmmm... you might just be on to something there.

The Top 15 What If? Stories That Actually Occurred in the Mainstream Marvel Universe (Article) - 4/7/2011 5:40:26 PM

DaForce - if you read my exchanges with jedibanner, you'd see that not only do I understand your point-of-view, I treated the situation with a sense of humor as the conversation continued.  But I also understand that you'd be offended because... well, obviously that was my point.  But my comments weren't so much directed at you as they were directed at the general populace of "I hate your site but I can't quit it" Maniacs.

Did you hit a nerve?  I don't know if that's quite the right phrase, but it'll do for now.  And here's why - I don't often read the comments sections on Mania's articles anymore (or lists, if you will) because every time I do - literally, every time  - I see the same comment about lists.  People say they hate 'em, but they keep coming back for more.  For... how long has it been, two years now?  Get over it folks.  Now, is that your fault, DaForce?  Not really.  But you got the brunt of it because you happened to be the one I saw when I checked the comments for the first time in a few weeks.

You say it was intended as a joke and if that's true, I'll gladly admit it was a funny one and that I was mistaken in reading anger into your post - but your remarks about Mania being a "dumping ground for Cracked" tell me that your joke showcased your true feelings at least a little bit

For the record, I'm neither here to defend Mania nor to drive folks away.  Obviously, I want folks to stick around to read my stuff and hopefully enjoy it (or hate it, if they feel so inclined).  Truth be told, I too wonder why the obsession with lists has overtaken any and all news on the site.  As I said in my initial post, I can understand a long-time fans' frustration.  But for the love of god, people - if you don't like it, just drop it!  You'll feel a lot better.

The Top 15 What If? Stories That Actually Occurred in the Mainstream Marvel Universe (Article) - 4/7/2011 2:28:19 PM

You're totally right, jedibanner - and obviously, I've been guilty of it myself.  But let's say you hate to eat at McDonalds.  Would you go there every day and order a Big Mac?  Sure, it might be fun to spit a burger in somebody's face every day and insult them, but eventually it would get old.  Right?

Oh who am I kidding?  Of course it wouldn't!  It all makes sense now...

The Top 15 What If? Stories That Actually Occurred in the Mainstream Marvel Universe (Article) - 4/7/2011 12:07:54 PM

You're right, jedibanner - but the complainers always seem to be the loudest, don't they?  And your check is in the mail, buddy.  Thanks for your support.  ;)

I just can't understand why someone would continue to visit a site they profess to hate.  I mean, it IS fun to complain, but not THAT fun!

And no, you shouldn't give up on Mania.   Never give up on Mania!

The Top 15 What If? Stories That Actually Occurred in the Mainstream Marvel Universe (Article) - 4/7/2011 8:10:24 AM

I've got one... What if all the people who constantly complain about Mania's lists just stopped reading?

I can sympathize with readers who have a problem with the proliferation of lists, but d*mn - at some point you'd think folks would just say "Hey, it's a site full of lists and I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is" or they'd do something about it and say "I'm just not going to bother with Mania anymore because I don't like their content".  Is the opportunity to complain really worth the constant dissappointment?

BTW - awesome list, Kurt.  I really enjoyed this one.

CHADDERDOWSKI'S MANIACAL PERSONA