All ChrisBeveridge's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/10/2008 11:20:41 AM

Note that we are more likely to pick a winner from other news item comments as opposed to this one. :)

Honneamise New Title Solicitations (Article) - 9/9/2008 7:22:51 PM

They fit the mood of many high definition owners, myself included. Rail against it all you want. I and a lot of others are very excited about these releases.

Afro Samurai (Article) - 9/4/2008 10:52:30 AM

Yep. I didn't care for Ninja Scroll either, but it's doing a lot of what ninja scroll did for people back then. It drew in non-fans and crossed over more to the mainstream. Afro Samurai does it even bigger for obvious reasons. But it doesn't do much for me, even after repeated viewings.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/27/2008 5:39:43 AM

These were difficult shows to get through when I first saw it. I just couldn't bring myself to revisit it again even after all these years.

MAR: Marchen Awakens Romance Vol. #1 (Article) - 8/21/2008 5:42:56 AM

As much as I disliked the series, I still hope that it'll get all of its release here in the US. Wouldn't be the first time that the UK has finished a series that didn't finish here though.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/19/2008 9:44:17 AM

Yeah, not a surprise at all, but one I was definitely glad to be able to write about again. So happy to have Geneon back. And since this was basically what they had prepped last year, it's seamless. :)

Tsubasa Vol. #17 (Article) - 8/19/2008 7:42:29 AM

I really need to get back into reading this...

Comicscape: Waiting for the Trade: What Will Happen to Monthly Comics? (Article) - 8/13/2008 6:05:06 AM

I'm a very long time comics reader, since like 1978. I got out in the mid 90's and only came back a few years ago and buy mostly trades. I get a few monthlies, mostly because of the weekly series I wanted to keep up on. I'm not hoping for the death of the monthlies, but what I would prefer to see is for a new shift to happen to *complement* them. Since X number books hit every week, throw them in a newspaper grade weekly compilation. "DC Weekly" with all the books from that week in the showcase paper format but in color. Then I would follow *every* DC book that comes out (mainstream obviously, you don't do that with vertigo included, etc). That exposes the casual reader to a ton of different books at a lower price point and encourages them to check out the trades and other things they'd not normally read. THe Shonen Jump model may be the way to go with things...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/13/2008 5:20:57 AM

The first volume is definitely awkward at times, but there is a good bit of material here that makes a whole lot more sense once the second volume comes in. As much as I enjoy the show, I'm glad I got to see the first eight episodes together instead of split up.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/28/2008 3:52:23 PM

Can be removed, didn't realize html was required for paragraph breaks.

CHRISBEVERIDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA