All Clayface's Comments

1 2 >  >>

Theron Talks Mad Max (Article) - 6/1/2012 6:44:30 PM

@DarthBob you are confused with the second George Miller working in the industry, who is a pure yes man

And Dead Calm was made by Phillip Noyce. A bit confused, aren't we?

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 5:23:27 PM

@Tjanson, Thor, Loki and Odin were all charismatic, I give you that. But I thought that in the very limited time screen and lines he had to work wiht, Idris Elba was majestic and made quite an impression, At least as much as the major characters.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 5:17:16 PM

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 3:02:18 PM

@ Kaziklu, brilliant point. Golden age character is actually very interesting and I can see how such man would have lived in the closet earlier.

Reading some comments and witnessing some of the attitude at display here, it begs the usual question: if some of you are not comfy with gay characters, why then do you stay in a forum that you think is full of dicks?

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 1:34:14 PM

@Gauleyboy420 ""Also Bruce Wayne is clearly a Democrat with socialist leanings..." this is brilliant! But I think Wayne is defo a tad more republican when written by Frank Miller :-)
The transgender and gay relative is as good as any comic book deus ex machina, but who am I to judge really...

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 12:48:16 PM

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 12:41:38 PM

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 12:36:45 PM

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 12:29:19 PM

@Lazarus Of course you are entitled to your opinion. And if some of us have misunderstood it, it is probably because it was ambiguously written.

The fact that even among comic book readers such inclusion is source of much debate proves it is anything but PC. Having relatives being part of a minority doesn't make you part of this minority and understand their challenges. You don't seem to understand that when people do not have the same rights yet, any positive representation is usuful and mark a step in the right direction. I imagine the inclusion of the first black superheroe was very welcome by most blacks. Catwoman and Wonder Woman were also empowering to women. The day I will have equal right and treatment for paying the same taxes and being under the same constitution that should guarantee total equality, then I will move on. Until them, I am wary of knee-jerking reaction because it shows that we are not there yet.

If you care only about the story well done, why don't you let the writers do their job and see where it goes before reacting to the inclusion of any minority?

Do you think making Heimdall a black guy in the THOR movie was a bad move? This guy has more charisma then any other one in the cast. He brought an authority and presence by his voice only. Who was moaning after seeing the movie about him, really?

Or would you prefer a nice, polished WASP superhero world, all white, all straight, all yupies?

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 6/1/2012 11:46:04 AM

@Lazarus, nothing make the gay minority special. Nothing separate us from other human beings. Reason why representation of gay characters, issues, lifestyle should not even raise an eyebrown, because it's part of the diversity of humanity. The simple fact that you can brush off teen suicide like it's inconsequential shows your true colours.
We all know what "conversative" stands for these days anyway. Since when convervative even endorse or read comics by the way? Was the Comic Code not created by convervatives to protect youth from the dangerous influence of comics, especially the ambiguous inuendos between Batman and Robin?

CLAYFACE'S MANIACAL PERSONA