All DarkXid's Comments

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Article) - 12/17/2014 7:15:47 AM

What kind of sad sacks are expecting life changing moments from the Hobbit?  Except the people who made it and are going to make boatloads of money off of it?

The Winter of '84: Starman (Article) - 12/16/2014 10:56:50 AM

My favorite part was when Karen Allen turned into Erin Gray.  Yum.

Or um...yeah...um.  Hey.

I didn't know John Carpenter did this thing.   Or directed this movie I should say.  I remember liking it when I was a kid, but it's one of those movies that I just never watched again.

I remember it being great.  For some reason I remember running around with a handful of ball bearings after watching it...

Star Trek 3 has 5 Directors in Contention (Article) - 12/15/2014 6:14:08 PM

Give it to Peter Jackson.  He'll make it into three movies from a ten page treatment.

Spider-Man's Cinematic Future (Article) - 12/12/2014 7:50:19 PM

1.  If Spider-Man is to be in Captain America, it would be a mistake to re-cast it.  If you cannot get Garfield or Macguire to star as Spider-Man, drop the idea of Spider-Man.  A walk on Cameo in Avengers: Age of Ultron might not be enough to connect his backstory.

2. I guess Raimi could do it.  Does he want to do it?

3. Raimi is Sony's only hope for the franchise.  That and leaving him alone to make the movie he'd want.  Sony and Marvel with Sam Raimi?  Now that would be awesome, but if you ask Edgar Wright, Marvel has   a vsion of what they want too?  Would they let Raimi do what he wants?

I think Raimi on board (w/marvel), they should bring back with Macguire as an older spider-man.

4.  Why a Sinister Six movie?  Sounds like a very bad idea.  Is it going to be a Dirty Dozen ala Suicide Squad take on the Sinister Six?  If so, sure try and steal DC's thunder.  Why not?  Spider-man will be back at Marvel in no time after that.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Theatrical Teaser Trailer (Article) - 12/10/2014 11:21:53 AM

Fucked up and awesome.

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 8:52:04 AM

I loved 2010 and saw it before I saw 2001.  Heck, I read 2001 before I watched 2001 and quite frankly, 2001 is over rated as a movie.

Yeah, it was a technological marvel of special effects at the time, but who the hell could really follow it storywise and why would you at it's long length of very little character interaction.  It's almsot 2 1/2 hours of interaction.

Not saying it didn't have good moments.  Hal-9000, yeah, he is what made 2001 interesting.  The effects shots were great, but went on too long.  The only thing I really got from 2001 is that space is quiet and boring.

The succesor to 2001 wasn't 2010.  It was Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  One big long movie showing off it's special effects and models in some sort of arrogant and grandiose vision of self-indulgent self-important masturbation.

2010 was fun and nice to see that we finally found out what was up with HAL and for him to be given a chance to redeem himself.  If machines can do that.

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 9:49:44 AM

I still have the sound track on LP.  I love the shit out of the soundtrack and still do.

Ryan Reynolds confirms he's Deadpool (Article) - 12/8/2014 7:22:08 AM

Shoot with the right script Michael Bay would be the perfect director.  Especially if Deadpool grabs him during a scene with a ton of explosions going on and shakes him wile saying: "See what it's like living in the reality of one of your movies Mikey??!  Why do I get explosions and flying horses but not one shot of Megan Fox's ass, Mikey?  Get me Megan Fox!"

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 7:19:35 AM

I remember watching Beverly Hill Cop on a flight to the Philippines when I was 8.  I loved the movie.

It's a very vivid memory.

Though I can still taste and smell the airline food from that flight any time I watch this film.  I do not love that.

Orci out as Star Trek 3 Director (Article) - 12/5/2014 6:47:59 PM

Is anyone saddened by this news?  Nobody I know is.  Nobody in my real life.  None of my imaginary friends are down. We're all about to throw a "Buh-bye Bob Orci" party.

DARKXID'S MANIACAL PERSONA