All DarkXid's Comments

Level Up! Reviews: Deadpool (Article) - 8/1/2013 7:34:41 AM

I'm in.  Where do I buy this?  Why don't I have this???

OH yeah.  I'm break.

Shock-O-Rama: Enjoying the Movies (can we please?) (Article) - 7/31/2013 2:15:37 PM

Man, I hated Pacific Rimjob since I saw the first trailer.  I sat through it because my wife wanted to see it.  I utterly despised the movie.  It also did not help that it was way past my bedtime and I had to work in the morning.

BUT...my wife enjoyed it and many other people enjoyed it.  I for one do not tear into people because they like something vs something else.  Like anybody, I'll offer up an opinion, I'll defend that opinion, and I'll knock their opinion around a little, but I try not to let it get too personal -because heck your free to knock mine around a bit...and a good old fashioned ribbing is fun every now and again and if one can take it, most people agree that's okay.

The problem is a lot of people take their own opinion too seriously and their identities are tied up in those opinions and if you dare suggest something that is contrary to that opinion you are attacking them and dead wrong and a stupid freaking idiot for disagreeing with them.  Now I'm the type to turn around and return the favor, I will egg on an idiot on because there is a troll inside me waiting to get out and eat some goats or something.  But I'll do that with people I agree with too!

But, generally I stay out of arguements that have degenerated into name calling.  There is no place for viciousnous or name calling.  We all love something other people dislike.

I hate, and I say HATE things like Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with anybody, American Idol, a ton of reality shows, and Twilight...ugh.  I consider those shows designed to dumb everyone down.  I also seriously disliked a lot of classic and pop culture sort of shows and movies.  Lost?  Blah.  Battlestar Galactica?  Couldn't do more than 3 episodes, I really didn't like it.  Citizen Kane?  Why is it a classic is lost on me.  Rocky Horror?  Someone said you have to watch it 100 times before you really enjoy it...I don't have that kind of time or inclination.  Don't even get me started on Avatar.

BUT...I'm okay if you  like watching them because what you enjoy watching, you enjoy watching them and I know a lot of great people who watch these shows/movies so I'm cool with people who like stupid things that I don't.  Because I recognize that I like some pretty stupid things myself.

Things like ID4, Soldier, Chobits, Ai Yori Aioshi, Star Wars Episodes I-III, Star Trek (almost all of it), Snow Fairy Sugar (honestly, you should probably have to register with the local sheriff's office for that one), Casablanca, Harvey, The Pest w/ John Lenguinzamo...I like it.  Judge Dredd with Stallone?  I dig it, to me it was fun, I could care less about the source material.

Honestly, people need to embrace their inner geek and love the crap out of what they love, we're different, that's why we're GEEKS.  Love it, Embrace it, Be GEEK!

I like following the box office a little, but usually I want to know if I'm going to be seeing a sequel.  Dredd anyone?  It's a fun past time, but I don't love or hate things based upon it, and as far as popular opinion goes?  I loved Star Wars Episode 1 - popular opinion and popular geek opinion can lick my sack if they think that I suck because I like it.

Superman Vs. Batman? (Article) - 7/24/2013 11:45:46 AM

Possible Alternate titles?

Man of Steel Rises Dark Knight Decends.
Man of Steel: Knightfall

Man of Bat

Superman Begins while Batman Falls

Superman/Batman: At World's End

Where the Girls Aren't 69

Superman Vs. Batman? (Article) - 7/24/2013 11:40:02 AM

You honestly think the movie going public is so stupid that if it is named "Worlds Finest" that the public  won't show up and wouldn't know what it was called?  The marketing campaign alone would shove itself so far up everyone's asses that it could be called 'Big Green Pile of Monkey Shit' and everyone and their grandmother would know about it after the $200M marketing campaign was done with them.

Stan Lee Leads the Cast in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Article) - 7/23/2013 12:58:42 PM

Ha, he's in a trailer and Mr. North is there.  Now I want more Deadpool.

Stan Lee Leads the Cast in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Article) - 7/23/2013 12:53:34 PM

Deadpool.  I'm not going to say why I want to see Deadpool, but I want me some Deadpool.

I'm not a fan or anything.

Mania Box Office Report: Conjuring Defeats the Minions (Article) - 7/22/2013 11:40:15 AM

My wife wanted to see Pacific Rim...I have no idea why.  From the first preview of it, well, I couldn't get into it.

So we saw it last night and I absolutley hated it.  10 minutes in and I wanted to leave.  I almost cried at the thought of sitting through the rest of it.  It's been a long time since I've wanted to spew hate and murder at a  movie screen.  I sat through it for my wife.  It was her movie afterall.  It's not something I would have beieved would be her type of movie.  Maybe it's payback for her buying me Transformers one year for Christmas and me not opening it for a year and a half because I didn't want to watch it?  Hmmm.

Wanted to see Red 2 though.  She did too, but why Pacific Rimjob?  I don't know if I'll ever know.

The Summer of '83: Jaws 3 (Article) - 7/22/2013 9:10:55 AM

When I was six I totally had a thing for Bess Armstrong and Lea Thompson.

Hmm.   I still do...

Solomon Kane Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 7/22/2013 9:03:40 AM

I searched and searched for a pirated copy when I heard it was out.  It took forever to get the pirated version.  Honestly, if it wasn't because I'm the honest sort, generally, the distributors could kiss my big fat butt I wouldn't give those tossers a dime.

That being said, I'm buying it.  I got plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Mania Review: RIPD (Article) - 7/19/2013 5:40:36 AM

I would totally remake Lethal Weapon or 48 Hours with James Hong and George Takei.

DARKXID'S MANIACAL PERSONA