All DarkXid's Comments

Michael Clarke Duncan Passes (Article) - 9/4/2012 12:01:32 AM

The world has lost a light.  He was on a list of people I really wanted to meet.  Rest In peace sir, you will be missed.

Final Dredd Poster (Article) - 8/5/2012 10:57:23 AM

Still going to fucking see it.  It looks like it'll be fun.

Final Dredd Poster (Article) - 8/5/2012 10:56:44 AM

So DareDredd or Dreddevil?

Mania Review: The Dark Knight Rises (Article) - 7/21/2012 7:39:05 PM

I loved this movie, although I saw it alone...and went to Jack in the Box before hand and had two large sodas before I sat down for this movie.  Was paying for that mistake about the time Selena kicks those dude's butts for picking on that kid.  I started to wonder if folks would notice me peeing in my seat?  I'm a fool, I knew how long it was....But this man was hungry...and thristy...

This was on equal ground with Batman Begins, and I give BB only a slightly higher rating.  Think 9.5 vs 9.4.  Bane's voice was generally not an issue, but on a couple of occasions it was bad, but so was hearing Alfred or Gordon.

The Dark Knight was better than both, but this one didn't have to trump that one.  I don't live my life thinking there is only one great movie and the rest are crap.  I love Avengers, I loved Lord of the Rings.  I may watch the Avengers a few more times.  I might watch Lord of the Rings again.  But I will watch Nolan's Trilogy over and over again.

Thomas Jane's Punisher short (Article) - 7/17/2012 9:19:40 PM

I remember reading that it was Thomas Jane who walked away from the franchise.  And if what he walked away from was Warzone, good for him.

Jane and Stevenson were both great fits for the Punisher; in terrible movies.  Thomas Jane 'got' the Punisher, Stevenson embodied him.  I wager either one of them, with a good script and good director would knock a Punisher movie right out of the park.

Lungdren on the other hand, even though he has physical precense, walked around like Ivan Drago with black hair.  He has that same blank stare, that makes you think he was either brain dead or stoned.  Which it's okay for the punisher to have the thousand yard stare of merciless killing machine; not the dopey stare of somebody who might have spent too much time in smokey rooms.

As far as Disney owning the rights....Disney owned Miramax in the days of Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.  Granted the Weinsteins were there calling the shots, but the house of mouse was right there halfway up their sphincters.  This is the company that founded Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures and controlled a bit of Miramax.  Disney isn't afraid of releasing violent, shocking films as long as they aren't under the Disney name...Although, Dogma was too hot for them...Go figure.

DREDD 3D - Red Band Clip (Article) - 7/15/2012 7:49:05 PM

Well, Stallone LOOKED good as Dredd for the first 10 minutes. Until he didn't kill Rob Schneider.  But, Urban has Dredd down.  I think we're in for a treat.

Comic Con 2012 Cosplay Babes and Heroes (Article) - 7/14/2012 10:53:25 PM

I used to picture She-ra like that, standing over me, when I was a young lad.  Punish me girl, I've been bad....oh, Hello Total Recall Girl....

My youthful fantasies have come back to me in the flesh.

Aykroyd talks Ghostbusters 3 (Article) - 7/2/2012 5:42:53 PM

I don't want to hear another Ghostbuster 3 story unless it's about casting being underway.

Guardians of Middle Earth Gameplay Trailer (Article) - 6/30/2012 9:13:44 AM

Maybe they should have just made Gauntlet: Lord of the Rings Edition.  With optional PvP multiplayer.

Guardians of Middle Earth Gameplay Trailer (Article) - 6/30/2012 9:11:39 AM

That game would be awesome if it came preloaded on a pc with minesweeper, solitare and what not.

Or an okay $10 game.   I could get some use out of it.

DARKXID'S MANIACAL PERSONA