All DarkXid's Comments

Mania Review: White House Down (Article) - 6/28/2013 9:30:04 PM

This movie looked like absolute shit, and I had no clue it was done by Emmerich, but yeah, turds and emmerich, those two go together.

Gads, I'm drunk.  Maybe what I am trying to suggest is that a new word for farting should be Emmerich.  Like a fart his work is short, nasty and gone with the wind, except shittier then the movie.

I had no hopes this movie would be stupid and fun, but you're totally right there are some great ones like some of my favorite guilty pleasures Soldier, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, and even Tango and Cash.

I think there may be a pattern, but it's really hard to crack.  My research continues!

New TERMINATOR Trilogy Rebooted (Article) - 6/28/2013 9:31:39 AM

Terminator should have died with the first one.  Not a popular opinion, but it didn't need a sequel.  As fun as the sequel was, I liked it, but I thought as a franchise it just keeps getting dumber.

But then again, they're just movies and not the reason for our existence, so what the hell.  Reboot it.  If it sucks we'll still have the original.  If it's great....we'll still have the original.  Or originals for the rest of you.

Marvel Calls Vin Diesel (Article) - 6/27/2013 3:23:01 PM

Is Jubilee taken?  My money is on Jubilee!  Either than or Squirell girl.   Who started the pool?

Helman Boards X-MEN: DAYS (Article) - 6/26/2013 7:15:14 PM

Sabertooth.  Hey, when are you guys filming your scenes?  I'm thinking I'm going to get the call any day to film mine.

Man of Steel Deluxe Edition Soundtrack Review (Article) - 6/26/2013 6:06:23 AM

Sorry if I type Zimmerman instead of Zimmer, it happens.

I loved the music I heard in the film, and the end credit music. For me it was a blessing that it wasn't in my face all the time.

I also loved what was done with the soundtrack in the Dark Knight Rises. A lot of key moments in that movie were enhanced by the use of music, and doing without it. I remember there not being any music when Bane and Batman square off in the sewer, which was the right choice. It added something to the mood. Which really, what is what music is there for.

John Williams scores are the greatest, iconic and perhaps even epic. I'm glad they got away from it with Man of Steel. They had to, shoot. I loved the fanfare of Superman's theme but, it got to be almost a joke in Superman Returns.

There are some awesome soundtracks that stick in my head, most are by Williams. Superman & Star Wars, heck even his prequel music was awesome, same cannot be said for the movies. Zimmer's scores are good, I really think the big decision on music is how the director incorporates the soundtrack into their movie.

But a real well done soundtrack for me is both easy to listen to, elicits an emotional response, and can put me right back in that theater, no visual movie needed. Star Trek VI does this for me. That soundtrack, was perfect, although it should be remastered because it is a bit dirty, but the thing carries the excitement and drama of the movie. I am hoping the Man of Steel soundtrack does the same. It'll take time, at the moment I just like watching the movie to see Superman PUNCH THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE.

Seriously. He punched nothing in Returns. Hell, Luthor punches and stabs him, but Superman throws no punches. When I come down off my orgasmic high of seeing Superman do big damage, the soundtrack will be my continuing high. I'm hoping it lives up to it. The themes I heard in the movie were enough to push me to buy the soundtrack. I'm hoping like Star Trek, Star Wars, the first Superman that it will be playing in my music players for years to come.

The Summer of '83: Twilight Zone the Movie (Article) - 6/24/2013 8:47:07 AM

Rob, when you're a kid watching this movie for the first time (I was 6 when it came out), this movie has no baggage and was excellent.

I'd heard of and only seen a couple of Twilight Zone episodes by the time the movie came out. For me this movie was my first real introduction to the Twilight Zone, and it was a a good. one.

Being a six year old kid, this movie opening was scary, but not horribly so, the darn thing worked. The first segment was pretty weak, even as a kid I knew that, as far as any deaths being connected to it, I was clueless, Vic Morrow? Who?? Although thanks to my Dad's wonderful skills in parenting, I understood the Lt. Nedermeyer reference at an early age. I'd probably seen Animal House five or six time before I saw Twilight Zone.

The movie just got better and scarier as far as I was concerned. I loved the movie, and when it came time later in life to watch the original Twilight Zone...I came to appreciate the movie more. Except when I took a plane trip that was. At nine an eighteen hour trip across the Pacific is very long indeed when you're thinking of John Lithgow's turn as Mr. Valentine.

Jurassic Park 4 Plot Details (Article) - 6/23/2013 9:37:38 PM

A new smarter dino?

I'm thinking Brain Gremlin from Gremlins 2?  Anyone else thinking this?  Shame Tony Randall is dead...

The Rock for Terminator 5? (Article) - 6/23/2013 9:33:55 PM

LOL - Muenster, with your profile pic, I just couldn't stop laughing thinking about Norman Bates handing the keys to this back to the future thing.  Thinking this might end badly.  Thanks.

Star Wars Returns to Pinewood Studios (Article) - 6/23/2013 9:29:33 PM

*Seem* dang it.

Star Wars Returns to Pinewood Studios (Article) - 6/23/2013 9:28:49 PM

As long as Abrams has a story with somewhat belivable dialouge, it's a sci-fi fantasy movie afterall, and actors who don't see related to redwoods and Al Gore...

DARKXID'S MANIACAL PERSONA