All DarkXid's Comments

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 8:52:04 AM

I loved 2010 and saw it before I saw 2001.  Heck, I read 2001 before I watched 2001 and quite frankly, 2001 is over rated as a movie.

Yeah, it was a technological marvel of special effects at the time, but who the hell could really follow it storywise and why would you at it's long length of very little character interaction.  It's almsot 2 1/2 hours of interaction.

Not saying it didn't have good moments.  Hal-9000, yeah, he is what made 2001 interesting.  The effects shots were great, but went on too long.  The only thing I really got from 2001 is that space is quiet and boring.

The succesor to 2001 wasn't 2010.  It was Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  One big long movie showing off it's special effects and models in some sort of arrogant and grandiose vision of self-indulgent self-important masturbation.

2010 was fun and nice to see that we finally found out what was up with HAL and for him to be given a chance to redeem himself.  If machines can do that.

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 9:49:44 AM

I still have the sound track on LP.  I love the shit out of the soundtrack and still do.

Ryan Reynolds confirms he's Deadpool (Article) - 12/8/2014 7:22:08 AM

Shoot with the right script Michael Bay would be the perfect director.  Especially if Deadpool grabs him during a scene with a ton of explosions going on and shakes him wile saying: "See what it's like living in the reality of one of your movies Mikey??!  Why do I get explosions and flying horses but not one shot of Megan Fox's ass, Mikey?  Get me Megan Fox!"

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 7:19:35 AM

I remember watching Beverly Hill Cop on a flight to the Philippines when I was 8.  I loved the movie.

It's a very vivid memory.

Though I can still taste and smell the airline food from that flight any time I watch this film.  I do not love that.

Orci out as Star Trek 3 Director (Article) - 12/5/2014 6:47:59 PM

Is anyone saddened by this news?  Nobody I know is.  Nobody in my real life.  None of my imaginary friends are down. We're all about to throw a "Buh-bye Bob Orci" party.

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/4/2014 1:20:19 PM

So if the timeline is off, there is the possibility that when Reese slips his pickle into Sarah Connor's deli sandwich, we could conceivably get a Joanna Connor instead?

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/4/2014 1:17:18 PM

Did Orci and Kurtzman write this?  Did the writer of this go to Abrams' Star Trek for inspiration?

I'll watch it...but dang.  Good way to make it so Old Arnie, literally, could have a place in this movie.

NEW IMAGE of the Vision Emerges (Article) - 12/3/2014 9:26:50 AM

I'd like to see an image of him from the movie.

And Black Panther.  While I'm wishing.

Terminator Genisys - Motion Poster Arrives (Article) - 12/3/2014 8:41:04 AM

The series is disintegrating!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 12/2/2014 9:46:19 AM

We need Jolee Bindo.

Slice them up with a lightsaber or drop a building on a person, how is getting over that different than force choking someone?

Heck Luke used force choke on the Gomarian guards in Jedi.  It's all based upon a certain point of view...

DARKXID'S MANIACAL PERSONA