All DarkXid's Comments

Breaking Bad: Felina Review (Article) - 10/1/2013 7:42:13 PM

The ending was as close to perfect as I could imagine.  I always assumed that either Jesse or Skylar would kill Walt in the end.  I do like how it ended on Walt's terms.

As far as Jesse, he very likely still has to run.  His prints would be all over that lab plus who knows if the Neo-Nazi's got rid of the recording of Jesse's confession to Hank and Gomez.  Law enforcement would tear that compound apart.

He could claim that he was a prisoner for all those months and would be a witness to the end of Hank and Steve, but he'd probably still do prison time.  Skyler probably would get a nice deal and do no prison time.  Though her actions that we saw would make her culpable if the law knew, she never got involved in Walt's drug business, except to launder money and she probably could blame a lot of that on Walt as well.

Another Potter Spin Off? (Article) - 9/30/2013 1:03:55 PM

They need to pick up on the Harry Potter story when he’s in his 40’s and a hardboiled private detective. In fact the story should look something like this:

“Harry Potter is a working-class magician, occult detective, and disgraced former auror stationed in London. He is known for his endless cynicism, deadpan snarking, ruthless cunning, and constant chain smoking. A roguish counterculture antihero, Potter is also a passionate humanist driven by a heartfelt desire to do some good in his life.”

Hehe.

The Giver Cast Update (Article) - 9/27/2013 2:38:01 PM

Evidently Taylor Swift was also cast too.  Which is better news than Katie Holmes being cast.

Jack Ryan Might Change Release Dates (Article) - 9/25/2013 9:11:43 AM

They're makling a Jack Ryan movie?  Does anyone still care about Jack Ryan?

DEXTER: Remember the Monsters? (Article) - 9/24/2013 8:30:10 AM

At least it's over.  In many ways Deb's fate is symbollically representative of this show.  Like Deb, the show started strong, was brash, unexpected and vulgar, but in the end it was left to sink into the depths while being swept away with the current and the other turds.

Machete Kills Red Band Trailer #2 (Article) - 9/20/2013 9:43:12 PM

What the hell does Machete have against helicopters?  Can someone explain this?

Disney and Bruckheimer Part Ways (Article) - 9/20/2013 11:03:17 AM

If his films weren't failing and trending downward Disney would keep partnering with him.  Disney is a business and a very successful one at that.  Marvel is making them money.  Lucasfilm will give them the ten story printing press for cash they've been eyeing for a while.

Maybe he wants to leave, but the quality of his films has never led me to belive that he actually believes in quality.

10 Best Live-Action Shows Based on Comic Books (Article) - 9/19/2013 6:07:47 AM

The repeated story about renaming the character David Banner is that some producer or studio type didn't want to use the name "Bruce" in The Incredible Hulk because it was too gay of a name.

But they put it on his headstone.

10 Best Live-Action Shows Based on Comic Books (Article) - 9/19/2013 6:05:31 AM

Haters gonna hate.  Adam West's Batman was awesome and likely helped saved the comic and rooted the character in pop culture and the public conciousness.  Yeah, it was purposefully goofy and stupid.  And if your heart isn't big enough for more than one version of Batman...okay, five or six including this one.  I feel sorry for you.

The concept of Batman and most superheroes is kind of goofy and stupid when you get down to it, and the seriousness to which people take their opinions of the imaginary characters is freaking madness itself, but what a sad world we'd live in without them.

I totally agree with you on this list and I send you my respect for including Tales from the Crypt on the list.  I loved watching it when I was a kid.  God it was demented fun and I loved any chance to see boobs and hot women being, well, hot!  These were the days before the internet was everywhere kids!

Plus the stories were awesome.  I still remember quite a few of the ones that stuck with me through the years and I will think back on their twilight zone like horror plot twists.  My favorites were Korman's  Calamity with Harry Anderson and the very awesome Colleen Camp.  The episode with Bobcat Goldswith and Don Rickles...oh dear God, still gives me shivers.  The Switch with William Hickey.  That episode with Demi Moore.  And the twist ending for The Secret that had Larry Drake, was one of my favorites.

My oddest love of Tales comes into contact with one of my other loves.  I love Christmas music and am not a big fan of music recorded past the mid-1960's for the most part.  (It may be a nostalgia thing, I don't know).  But, the Tales from the Crypt Christmas Album 'Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas' is in my rotation.  And it's one my family, friends and coworkers have shaken their head about for years.

Top 10 Big Screen Vampires (Article) - 9/18/2013 4:58:48 PM

"Give me the amulet you BITCH!"

Best vampire line, ever.