All DarthDuck's Comments

RIP Jakester (Article) - 3/20/2013 3:28:16 PM

I haven't commented on Mania in a long, long time.

But this headline caught my attention and I had to return to attmept to pay my respects to Jakester.

When I was a regular here, so was Jakester, as were many of you.  Jakester was better at annoying all of us than anything else but there's one in every family.  My thoughts are with his actual family at this terrible time.

RIP, buddy.

7 Things George Lucas Should Have Learned From the Prequels (Article) - 1/6/2011 3:05:41 PM

I'd really like to know know where your "Han becoming a Jedi" information comes from...

7 Things George Lucas Should Have Learned From the Prequels (Article) - 1/5/2011 6:45:52 PM

Tonebone - a Star Wars fan is a Star Wars fan.  Your opinion as someone who has seen all six movies is just as valid as someone who has seen all six movies and is completely versed in the Expanded Universe.  I'm sure I speak for the rest when I say that your comments are welcome and appreciated.

7 Things George Lucas Should Have Learned From the Prequels (Article) - 1/5/2011 1:51:21 PM

I've been absent from the site for a long time for not just the Star Wars bashing, which anyone certainly has a right to do, but the lack of intellegence behind the bashing is what makes me upset.

As others have pointed out, this is certainly the best and most honest discussion of the prequels I've seen anywhere that wasn't purely a Star Wars site, so thank you for that.

As it so happens I love the prequels, especially Phantom Menace.  Yeah, I said it.  But I'm not so much a fanboy that I don't see the flaws.  But as a fan why would I be consumed by those flaws?

I am also a tremendous fan of the Clone Wars and see that as an outstanding example of what is possible when George is involved, heavily I might add, but not running the show.  The credit for the series being so good belongs to the voice actors and most importantly Dave Filoni.

George is the man and Star Wars is forever!  May the Force be with us!

THOR Trailer Debuts (Article) - 12/11/2010 11:28:12 AM

Gald to actually see some intellegent comment finally work their way into this thread.  Oh, and...

HAVE AT THEE, BOX OFFICE!!!

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON Teaser (Video) - 12/9/2010 3:07:50 PM

They will get no more money from me. Also, wasn't the Hoover Dam built in the 30's? Long before the moon landing where they are now discovering the Transformers. Oh well, check the brain at the door for those of you that will be walking through them.

Jeff Bridges, TRON, True Grit & The Movie Maven (Video) - 12/7/2010 6:36:28 PM

Tara in pajamas = awesome

10 Best Cinematic Sword Fights (Article) - 11/29/2010 6:01:19 PM

Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was far and away the best lightsaber fight in the entire saga.  However, I understand where everyone is coming from with Anakin/Obi-Wan and Vader/Luke.  Those were certainly more important fights and carried a bigger impact in terms of story but the 2 on 1 epic is the tops!

Top 5 Toys You Have to Buy in November (Article) - 11/5/2010 1:58:21 PM

No toy list is complete without Masters of the Universe Classics!

Vulcan Female in TREK Sequel? (Article) - 10/26/2010 3:08:08 PM

Not to mention that Orions are supposed to be scantily clad 'bimbos'.  How in the world does the rumored casting a female Vulcan considered a downward spiral?

DARTHDUCK'S MANIACAL PERSONA