All Davewriter's Comments

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Comic-Con Red Band Trailer (Article) - 7/29/2014 7:07:41 AM

Eye candy... yum!

Mania Review: Lucy (Article) - 7/25/2014 6:56:24 AM

Still suffering Comic Con overload.

But going to go see Lucy once my muscles stop hurting.  Hell, even my hair hurts.

Xena Joins Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Article) - 7/23/2014 7:50:23 AM

Lucy Lawless in skin tight leather...ummmmm....

Hasbro's Final Comic Con 2014 Exclusives (Article) - 7/12/2014 7:06:53 AM

Not sure I'd be willing to stand in an hour long line to get the ticket - so I could stand in another hour long line to buy one ROM.

ROM?  Really?  This is the best they can do?

Heroes of Star Wars Rebels at San Diego Comic-Con (Article) - 7/10/2014 8:15:48 AM

There is a kool SW fan film from some folks down under where they have a light boomarange that turns out way fun.  Sorry, they won't let me add a link.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Jodorowsky's Dune (Article) - 7/8/2014 7:48:33 AM

I've poked around and couldn't find - does this release of The Time Machine have anything extra added?

As someone who has actually sat in it... I've just got to know.

Indiana Jones Goes to Hell: 30 Years of Defending Temple of Doom (Article) - 5/2/2014 7:02:33 AM

For me... I loved the opening number but the bulk of the film just never sat right for me.

As to the great white hope part - my wife is Chinese and I was trying to bring her up to speed on US pop.  I showed her the first McGiver and she loved it.  For those that don't remember, Mac goes into China for a mission and gets side tracked helping some chinese villiagers.  She loved it because she thought the entire series was about an American guy who was helping Chineses people.  Why don't they make that show?

Just a share

The Shadow Collectors Edition Blu-ray Review (Article) - 3/10/2014 8:25:42 AM

Had been a long time fan of pulps such as Doc Savage and The Shadow and had been waiting for this film with such anticipation.  The opening scene where we first see The Shadow had me grinning ear to ear and I was thinking that this was really going to be THE film.  I started squirming when Margo began displaying her mental powers and by the time we got to the slapstick "who's got the bomb?" at the end I was about to walk out.

I love the look of the film and it is, I think, the only thing I've ever like Alec Baldwin in.  I doubt that he would ever allow a heavy make-up job to "mar" his pretty face.  It is a guilty pleasure film for me and as such I may have to check out this new edition

Justice League: War Blu-ray Review (Article) - 3/3/2014 8:16:33 AM

What is Bruce Timm doing these days?

I've seen him a couple of times in the last couple of months but have been too "nerd boy" to actually speak to him or ask what happened.

Bruce - we need you!  DC animation is in a death spirial.

The Birds Remake Coming from Michael Bay (Article) - 3/3/2014 8:06:30 AM

And that remake of Psyco went so well for Universal... Right!?!

When will they learn?