All Davewriter's Comments

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 8:08:12 AM

Clark had gone on to write a series of books based on the 2001 universe.  The film uses the 2010 book almost as a page by page roadmap.  So you certainly can't knock where it goes.  It's all Clark.  Hell, he even makes a cameo in it.

The Strain: The Master Review (Article) - 10/7/2014 7:54:34 AM

In the books you have a bit more time to understand Eph.  He overworks and is a control freak, all of which leads to the drinking that splits up his family.  The love of his son is his main anchor in life now.

Trust me. If you don't like him now... once the manure truely hits the fan...

In the book I kept goning back and re-reading a page or two because I didn't get it.  A vamp can't... why isn't he...?  I think they cover it in the book in a way that will be tricky to bring out in the show.

The council will be fun.  That is if season 2 gets anything more than just 3 episodes.  If the ratings fall any quicker, The Strain may quickly turn into a trivia question "What ever happened to..."

Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-ray Review (Article) - 10/6/2014 8:10:20 AM

As someone who grew up where playing with Transformers would be considered kids stuff, I never got into them.  And with the Bay versions - Hell Yes I love the FX.  The problem is that between the constantly moving camera and the 1 1/2 second cuts, I never can tell who or what is hitting who or what.  WIth the toys, weren't the good guys Red and the bad guy Blue?  Then color code the damn things, or give me some idea of what the 'effing hell is going on.

I don't mind going to see some mindless fun while big robots kick the crap out of each other, but I don't need to the world getting itself taken over in real time.  I thought this thing would never end.  I'm surprised it made any money because theatres could only show it 3 or 4 times per day.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Comic-Con Red Band Trailer (Article) - 7/29/2014 7:07:41 AM

Eye candy... yum!

Mania Review: Lucy (Article) - 7/25/2014 6:56:24 AM

Still suffering Comic Con overload.

But going to go see Lucy once my muscles stop hurting.  Hell, even my hair hurts.

Xena Joins Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Article) - 7/23/2014 7:50:23 AM

Lucy Lawless in skin tight leather...ummmmm....

Hasbro's Final Comic Con 2014 Exclusives (Article) - 7/12/2014 7:06:53 AM

Not sure I'd be willing to stand in an hour long line to get the ticket - so I could stand in another hour long line to buy one ROM.

ROM?  Really?  This is the best they can do?

Heroes of Star Wars Rebels at San Diego Comic-Con (Article) - 7/10/2014 8:15:48 AM

There is a kool SW fan film from some folks down under where they have a light boomarange that turns out way fun.  Sorry, they won't let me add a link.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Jodorowsky's Dune (Article) - 7/8/2014 7:48:33 AM

I've poked around and couldn't find - does this release of The Time Machine have anything extra added?

As someone who has actually sat in it... I've just got to know.

Indiana Jones Goes to Hell: 30 Years of Defending Temple of Doom (Article) - 5/2/2014 7:02:33 AM

For me... I loved the opening number but the bulk of the film just never sat right for me.

As to the great white hope part - my wife is Chinese and I was trying to bring her up to speed on US pop.  I showed her the first McGiver and she loved it.  For those that don't remember, Mac goes into China for a mission and gets side tracked helping some chinese villiagers.  She loved it because she thought the entire series was about an American guy who was helping Chineses people.  Why don't they make that show?

Just a share