All Davewriter's Comments

The Shadow Collectors Edition Blu-ray Review (Article) - 3/10/2014 8:25:42 AM

Had been a long time fan of pulps such as Doc Savage and The Shadow and had been waiting for this film with such anticipation.  The opening scene where we first see The Shadow had me grinning ear to ear and I was thinking that this was really going to be THE film.  I started squirming when Margo began displaying her mental powers and by the time we got to the slapstick "who's got the bomb?" at the end I was about to walk out.

I love the look of the film and it is, I think, the only thing I've ever like Alec Baldwin in.  I doubt that he would ever allow a heavy make-up job to "mar" his pretty face.  It is a guilty pleasure film for me and as such I may have to check out this new edition

Justice League: War Blu-ray Review (Article) - 3/3/2014 8:16:33 AM

What is Bruce Timm doing these days?

I've seen him a couple of times in the last couple of months but have been too "nerd boy" to actually speak to him or ask what happened.

Bruce - we need you!  DC animation is in a death spirial.

The Birds Remake Coming from Michael Bay (Article) - 3/3/2014 8:06:30 AM

And that remake of Psyco went so well for Universal... Right!?!

When will they learn?

John Wesley Shipp for FLASH CW Series (Article) - 2/13/2014 7:41:16 AM

I thought  his boyhood hero was the Grey Ghost

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: All is Lost (Article) - 2/11/2014 7:27:17 AM

I'm still waiting for the Dimond Edition of "Song Of The South"  I've just about worn out the old version I have...

Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher Trailer (Article) - 1/22/2014 8:15:52 AM

I kinda dig the leggy Captain Marvel standing there with the Avengers.

Guess I missed seeing her in the Avegers movie - so kind of wondering when she joined the roster.  And yes, I know that just about every Marvel charactor has been an Avenger at one time or another.  I'm just talkng about her being in the movie / anmated versions.

Son of Batman: First Look (Article) - 1/21/2014 8:53:35 AM

What ever happened to Warner / DC doing original stories?

I mean this will probably turn out good and all... but I've already collected the comics for the last few films.  Is ths a Warner "Let's save a few bucks" decision?  Is this why Bruce Timm isn't around any longer?

They are asking for a premium amount - full price for a rather short length film - so why not give me something new?

DOOMED! The Untold Story of Roger Cormans The Fantastic Four (Article) - 1/14/2014 8:22:31 AM

I remember going to an LA comic convention where the gusts for the show were the cast from the FF.  Maybe it was a subconsious thing, but the cast all seemed rather uncomfortable as they sat there.  It wasn't the "I'm on the verge of becoming a household name" thing... it was more of a "my contract says I've got to."   They probably had an idea of what a stinker of a flick they had made.

The Thing costume was up on display and I remember thinking how good it looked - later to find out that it looked good until it had to move around very much.  But at the time, a lot of thought seemed to have gone into making it look right.

They showed clips - just enough to give you hope that maybe this time there would be good Marvel movie out there.  Remember, up to this point about the only "good" Marvel thing that had ever been made had been the TV version of Hulk.

Only the FF movie never made it's release date.  And now with the rights being held by two movie companies that will now ever be at war with each other Marvel rights... I doubt that we'll ever see a "clean" version... let alone a "new and improved" ala Lucas version.

I, Frankenstein- Official First Clip (Article) - 1/11/2014 8:02:03 AM

Lionsgate had some folks hyping it at an event in LA.  Had a really nice monitor to show off the clips.  Only problem was that the better the monitor (screen) the more things looked like cut screens from a video game.  Some of the stuff looked fun, but there was a lacking touch of "real".  Mismatched lighting was the biggest problem.  I likes me some Eckhart... but I may hold off a bit on this one.

Joaquin Phoenix for Superman vs. Batman Villain? (Article) - 12/19/2013 8:24:28 AM

One would think that with filming having started two weeks ago that they might get around to signing someone fairly soon.

Or else they might try doing something really different.  Just have some body holding up a "insert coor villian here" card in each needed scene, and just do a voice over.

DAVEWRITER'S MANIACAL PERSONA