All Deadfox's Comments

Wright, Pegg Penning Next Project (Article) - 1/25/2012 6:30:33 PM

This is great news and something to really look forward to.  Recently saw Paul and was really impressed with Pegg.  Happy Australia Day to all the Oz Maniacs!

Official Prometheus Photos Appear (Article) - 12/1/2011 3:15:42 PM

Is it a stand-alone film or is this a planned series?  Exterior scenes look good, but interior of ship looks kind of plastic and too clean.

Christopher Boards Django Unchained (Article) - 9/30/2011 3:53:49 AM

Hey lusiphur, it's 'grammar' not 'grammer'.  Check your own command of the English language before you turn your editorial gaze on other people's writings.

Two DREAM HOUSE TV Spots (Article) - 9/5/2011 3:19:45 AM

"Rated PG 13".  Mmm...

Showtime Taps King's DOME (Article) - 9/5/2011 3:14:52 AM

I'm surprised by these reactions to the book.  I've read a lot of King and this has to be one of this best; not only that, but I'd rate it as one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read, and I've read a lot.  The ending, well, what other explanation could there have been for a massive invisible dome?  I just thought the personalities of the characters were so believable.  It was a great study of human nature.  But as a mini-series?  I wouldn't be interested.

Universal Drops DARK TOWER (Article) - 7/21/2011 3:56:17 AM

Under the Dome was a modern masterpiece.  I devoured that book as quickly as I could turn the pages.  It's on par with Lord of the Flies as an astute study of human nature.  That said, it wouldn't translate well to film.  Some books are just not meant to be films.  I've only read the first 3 in the Dark Tower series but I can't see how it could be adapted without diluted so much detail.

Third HOBBIT Prod. Video Hits (Article) - 7/21/2011 3:20:52 AM

There's so much love involved in this production you just can't help but get excited. And like one of the actors said, they haven't even scratched the surface yet.  There's some great scenes in the Hobbit, but I'm especially looking forward to the fleshing out of the story of the the White Council.

SUPER 8 Clips Together (Article) - 5/20/2011 1:16:50 PM

This is probably going to be one of the only films I bother seeing at the cinema this year.  Just have to see it before all the spoilers ruin the suprise.

First IMMORTALS Trailer Strikes (Article) - 4/29/2011 2:24:16 PM

I've been waiting to see images from this film but I was expecting the visuals to be a little more artistic.  Singh was meant to be using Renaissance style paintings as inspiration for the design, but I don't see much of that in the trailer.  Still, I like how the gods are basically depicted as superheroes blazing out of the heavens.  Looks like it makes good use of 3D too.  It's a great age for the movies when mythical stories like these can come alive on the screen.

New SUPER Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:52:57 PM

Every now and then the superhero genre needs a film like this.  With way too many hero films coming out, the genre is going to burn out if it takes itself too seriously.  Films like this and Kick Ass bring a much needed freshness and respectful irreverance to the genre.  I doubt Super will much of a play in Australian cinemas, so I'll be watching in on Bluray as soon as it comes out.

DEADFOX'S MANIACAL PERSONA