All Deadfox's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Universal Drops DARK TOWER (Article) - 7/21/2011 3:56:17 AM

Under the Dome was a modern masterpiece.  I devoured that book as quickly as I could turn the pages.  It's on par with Lord of the Flies as an astute study of human nature.  That said, it wouldn't translate well to film.  Some books are just not meant to be films.  I've only read the first 3 in the Dark Tower series but I can't see how it could be adapted without diluted so much detail.

Third HOBBIT Prod. Video Hits (Article) - 7/21/2011 3:20:52 AM

There's so much love involved in this production you just can't help but get excited. And like one of the actors said, they haven't even scratched the surface yet.  There's some great scenes in the Hobbit, but I'm especially looking forward to the fleshing out of the story of the the White Council.

SUPER 8 Clips Together (Article) - 5/20/2011 1:16:50 PM

This is probably going to be one of the only films I bother seeing at the cinema this year.  Just have to see it before all the spoilers ruin the suprise.

First IMMORTALS Trailer Strikes (Article) - 4/29/2011 2:24:16 PM

I've been waiting to see images from this film but I was expecting the visuals to be a little more artistic.  Singh was meant to be using Renaissance style paintings as inspiration for the design, but I don't see much of that in the trailer.  Still, I like how the gods are basically depicted as superheroes blazing out of the heavens.  Looks like it makes good use of 3D too.  It's a great age for the movies when mythical stories like these can come alive on the screen.

New SUPER Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:52:57 PM

Every now and then the superhero genre needs a film like this.  With way too many hero films coming out, the genre is going to burn out if it takes itself too seriously.  Films like this and Kick Ass bring a much needed freshness and respectful irreverance to the genre.  I doubt Super will much of a play in Australian cinemas, so I'll be watching in on Bluray as soon as it comes out.

New French THOR Trailer (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:42:33 PM

Wiseguy?! So being French is gay?

New French THOR Trailer (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:40:59 PM

Wiseguy?! So being French is gay?

Mania Review: Black Death (Article) - 3/12/2011 11:57:33 AM

I never heard of this film either and I thought I stayed pretty up to date with upcoming releases.  Why would a film which has gotten such a good review out a tough critic not receive any publicity?

APOLLO 18 Teaser Trailer Revealed (Article) - 2/19/2011 12:25:42 PM

The problem with these films is that they rely so heavily on the actors giving natural performances.  These actors don't seem to have the knack, at least from what is seen in the teaser.  Still, it looks like a good thriller.  I'm interested enough to see this.

YOUR HIGHNESS Redband Trailer Arrives (Article) - 11/19/2010 1:01:14 PM

This looks great!  It's about time someone had some fun with the often stilted fantasy genre.  This film looks like it has genuine respect for the genre while at the same time not treating it all so seriously.  I completely get the angle they're going with.  And I agree, it's a fantastic role for Natalie Portman.  She looks like she can handle the action remarkably well.  All that said though, I won't see it at the cinema.  I'll wait a couple months and rent it for a dollar.  Seriously, it takes a damn good film to get me into a cinema these days.

DEADFOX'S MANIACAL PERSONA