All Deadfox's Comments

<<  <  2 3 4 5 6 7 >  >>

New SUPER Trailer Hits (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:52:57 PM

Every now and then the superhero genre needs a film like this.  With way too many hero films coming out, the genre is going to burn out if it takes itself too seriously.  Films like this and Kick Ass bring a much needed freshness and respectful irreverance to the genre.  I doubt Super will much of a play in Australian cinemas, so I'll be watching in on Bluray as soon as it comes out.

New French THOR Trailer (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:42:33 PM

Wiseguy?! So being French is gay?

New French THOR Trailer (Article) - 3/12/2011 12:40:59 PM

Wiseguy?! So being French is gay?

Mania Review: Black Death (Article) - 3/12/2011 11:57:33 AM

I never heard of this film either and I thought I stayed pretty up to date with upcoming releases.  Why would a film which has gotten such a good review out a tough critic not receive any publicity?

APOLLO 18 Teaser Trailer Revealed (Article) - 2/19/2011 12:25:42 PM

The problem with these films is that they rely so heavily on the actors giving natural performances.  These actors don't seem to have the knack, at least from what is seen in the teaser.  Still, it looks like a good thriller.  I'm interested enough to see this.

YOUR HIGHNESS Redband Trailer Arrives (Article) - 11/19/2010 1:01:14 PM

This looks great!  It's about time someone had some fun with the often stilted fantasy genre.  This film looks like it has genuine respect for the genre while at the same time not treating it all so seriously.  I completely get the angle they're going with.  And I agree, it's a fantastic role for Natalie Portman.  She looks like she can handle the action remarkably well.  All that said though, I won't see it at the cinema.  I'll wait a couple months and rent it for a dollar.  Seriously, it takes a damn good film to get me into a cinema these days.

New SKYLINE Trailer Hits (Article) - 9/30/2010 2:47:41 PM

Great effects.  Horrible dialogue.  "Run!" "Don't you get it?  We're at war."

Unbreakable Night CHRONICLES (Article) - 9/3/2010 12:24:01 PM

The only film of Night's I'm not too fussed on is Lady in the Water, and even it has some good moments not to mention a terrific score, though I haven't seen Airbender.  I use Unbreakable and The Village with my Grade 10 English students when we study hero and villain characters and they love both films, particularly the Village.  So I think there is a good chance that his films will find new life with later generations who discover them without all the attached hatred of Night.  I for one hope that he continues making films.  I'd rather see a film that attempts to inject some intelligence into the plot rather than a vacuous popcorn blockbuster (i.e. Revenge of the Fallen) any day.

Liman Set to KILL (Article) - 8/24/2010 4:16:30 AM

Can't go wrong with suits of battle armour, and throw in a bit of Groundhog Day for good measure.  Interesting.

Goyer's Sci-fi Trilogy Set (Article) - 8/24/2010 4:13:35 AM

I don't have much faith in Goyer after the bore-fest that was Flashforward.

DEADFOX'S MANIACAL PERSONA