All DeeJay4ADay's Comments

Paxton Circles KUNG FU Reboot (Article) - 11/1/2011 9:36:40 AM

I've got mixed feelings about this property... so my main hope is that it doesn't interfere with the development of a Shang Chi movie.

Campbell Eyes Fall Guy (Article) - 11/1/2011 9:34:07 AM

This is interesting. I wonder if they'd want the lead character's stunts to be "bigger" in this particular version? Whatever the case, they'd need to modify the lyrics in the opening theme. For instance, a lot of today's movie-goers don't quite know who "Farah" is...

HOT WHEELS Moving Forward (Article) - 6/17/2011 5:37:21 PM

Hmmm. If this movie is heavily-rooted in the culture of souped-up muscle cars (and keeps a modest budget), I can see it making nice money.

Admittedly, I've no idea who or what the characters would be... but I can see some car fans simply wanting to view some "tricked-out" cars on the big screen.

Smaug, Bard Cast for HOBBIT (Article) - 6/17/2011 5:02:59 PM

Momi... if not Smaug, then maybe Nimoy might get to voice on eo f the eagles?

Speaking of which, I wonder if Jackson will allow them to fly simply by a form of magic or, perhaps, he'll distorty their proportions (making the wingspan wider, etc.) in order to make them more reality-based? Of course, in a movie with a giant dragon, I recognize that last question might be a bit pointless.

Lindelof Plans Big Sci-fi Project (Article) - 6/11/2011 10:23:10 PM

MovieGuy... I get where you're coming from. Still; the moe imaginative a filmmaker gets, the likelier he/she will come-up with something that defies certain evolutionary laws. As a result, someone like Michio Kaku would shred it to pieces. For instance:

1. A simply change such as putting eyes on the sides of a head breaks an evolutionary rule. Prey tend to have eyes set in such a way... and it's hard justifying a creature near the bottom of the food chain emerging as a dominant, intelligent creature.
  2. Same thing with 9-legged creatures. Sure, they may look intimidating... but 8 legs means that the creature doesn't stand upright, and that's either toys with or breaks another evolutionary rule. This being non-motor limbs evolving to manipulate tools and instruments.

So, the derivative elements to some creatures are rooted in keeping them within what might be referred to as evolution's adjacent possible. It may not make for the most imaginative creatures, but does make the characters more realistic.

Daredevil Writer Set (Article) - 6/9/2011 8:17:24 PM

ElBaz.... *anyone* can act better than John "Thuganomics" Cena.

VIOlator (Profile) - 4/26/2011 4:27:19 PM

Violator... sorry for my delayed follow-up, as it looks like I missed the end of the Marvel movies discussion. I just wanted to tell you why I think Marvel can avoid buying back the film options they've sold to Fox and Sony.

In short, having the option to make animated movies and having a growing home media market may make first-run movies less-relevant in the coming years. Marvel should still be able to have their characters cross-over in their animated projects, and a number of forces (Moore's Law and the new Pixar connection, among them) are likely going to make that a hotbed for Marvel's home-media activities. If/when that occurs, Fox and Sony have a choice; do they somehow sell or "license" their options (getting gauranteed dollars right from Disney/Marvel's wallet) or do they fund the production of a live-action movie which lacks connection to other Marvel projects (while the animated movies *do* have these connections)?

In short, Fox and Sony's options are only as valuable as the market dominance held by the medium of first-run movies. Once that medium has to share more of the entertainment market with games, DVDs, direct-to-home on-demand videos, etc., Fox and Sony will have more of an incentive to divest from Marvel characters and invest in movies that feature characters *they* can use across platforms (Sony's Spiderman deal looks to be the only one that currently meets this threshhold).

Sorry for the long post... but this is what I was getting at!

New Bumblebee Banner for Transformers 3. (Article) - 4/26/2011 4:07:13 PM

Reek... the correct version of the quote is that a "movie looks pretty. And pretty stupid." If you're going to use the material, use it right. :-)

That having been said, I think the quote applied to the second Transformers, but probably won't apply to this one. Bay and Kruger seem to be far too self-conscious about part 2 to let that happen.

Feige Talks Marvel Future (Article) - 4/20/2011 9:51:42 AM

Rockhead... believe it or not, it's quite likely that Fox and Sony will eventually sell their options to Disney/Marvel for the net preset value of what they paid along with handsome mark-up. This isn't likely to happen too soon, but is somewhat of an inevitability. I can explain more, if this needs to be defended, but suffice to say that these characters' film rights will eventually be back with Marvel.

Dark Knight Moving to Pittsburgh (Article) - 4/6/2011 3:30:42 PM

Monkeyfoot... trust me when I tell you that, when it comes to Detroit and Michigan, the state's governor takes a hit every time news items like this come out. For someone who's worked in the high-tech realm, it's a bit surprising that he doesn't see the potential short and long-term ROI that comes from hosting such projects.

Goldeneyez... You're right. Also; what's most concerning to me is that, for a state that had relatively low college participation rates for such a long time, the film industry was actually producing new academic programs and  (for a short time) college graduates who were actually getting some work. While much of the work was seasonal, there was the strong likelihood that there would be an increase in the number of true, full-year production houses (of which I'm not sure there were any). Now, all of that hard work seems to have been for naught. If the proposed tax on pensions moves forward, don't be surprised if some of Michigan's seniors start fleeing the state along with the younger people.

Batmite... do people in Baltimore still talk about that, or have they simply forgotten?

DEEJAY4ADAY'S MANIACAL PERSONA