All Duckbeaver's Comments

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Final Trailer (Article) - 4/16/2014 7:10:49 AM

Is it just me or are they playing "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin over the trailer?

Marvel vs DC - Still on! (Article) - 4/15/2014 6:05:08 AM

Marvel Vs. DC

Joker: "And here...we...GO!"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Brothers TV Spot (Article) - 4/15/2014 6:03:12 AM

That is very sad to hear, therockdltj.  My thoughts and prayers always are with the families of those who have lost their children at such an early age.  Regardless of how we older fanboys may love/hate this new TMNT movie, it's sad to hear that another young (and less jaded) fan won't be able to take part in such simple pleasures as going to see a movie starring his favorite characters with friends & family anymore.  Such a shame.

On a more upbeat note: Logic, in response to your question, I believe Whoopi is playing the female version of April's boss from the '87 series.  So she shouldn't have that big a role...(knocks on wood)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer (Article) - 3/27/2014 1:00:11 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about this.  The look of the turtles doesn't really bother me.  I'm sure if a turtle were mutated in real life, the end result would be disgusting as sin (let alone devoid of the ability to make facial expressions), so the filmmakers are being kind with their interpretation.  I gotta hear Megan Fox deliver a line of dialogue before I cast judgment on her performance.  Her fainting face was humorous enough.  White Shredder, Asian Shredder...as long as it works in the context of the film, I'll go with it.  Maybe he was trained in Japan, maybe he has distant Japanese ancestry...maybe he's an alien robot and the concept of race doesn't matter in the long run.

As long as it's an entertaining action flick and doesn't focus on unfunny human characters so much (the "Shia LaBoeuf factor," if you will), I'm down for it.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Yes Men Review (Article) - 3/12/2014 6:33:40 PM

Gotta agree, that was a way better tie-in for Thor: The Dark World than the actual tie-in episode they did.  Wasn't just another "Hey, look!  An unknown artifact/piece of technology!  Let's lick it and see what happens"-type of story.  Proper superhero throw-downs with everymen stuck in the middle, a clear-cut threat and some more mystery.

(Sarcasm) Going out on a WILD limb here, but I'm gathering that Skye will turn out to be Ward's true love or whatever.  That's one secret the show's not really hiding all that well.

Gotham Logo and Synopsis Arrive (Article) - 3/12/2014 6:23:18 PM

Lol, thanks for that, hanso!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: T.A.H.I.T.I. Review (Article) - 3/6/2014 5:01:10 AM

I'm really kind of hoping for the Leader as the Big Bad.  I was really wanting a follow-up on him in a sequel to Incredible Hulk.  As far as abilities go, I think he'd make the most sense since Marvel Studios can't use mutant telepaths due to Fox holding all the X-characters (save for Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, but they can't call them "mutants" in the Avengers sequel, I think).  Any other famous non-mutant mind readers out there or do you think they'll go with an original character?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: T.A.H.I.T.I. Review (Article) - 3/5/2014 6:06:06 PM

I also thought the body was that of a Kree.  Their genetics have been known to save people's lives in previous versions (like Ms. Marvel).  It would make sense given the tagline of this episode was "Everything Is Connected."  Having the Kree involved in some way would tie AGENTS somewhat into GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, thus covering the entire scope of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I also have a theory as to who this Clairvoyant may be...anyone know if Tim Blake Nelson is scheduled to guest star??? ;)

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER - Trailer (Article) - 10/24/2013 3:19:53 PM

hanso: Hell yeah!  Sneakers is a fun flick!  It's funny you mentioned it, too, because back in the day, I could've definitely seen the late River Pheonix as Bucky in a Cap film.  Though Sebastian Stan looks pretty intense as Winter Soldier engaging in a knife fight with Steve Rogers in civilian attire!  Bad. Ass.

I'm really looking forward to this now.  Thor: The Dark World still looks to be a fun fantasy/adventure epic, but the wholesale destruction, action and espionage they're showing for Winter Soldier is definitely more my cup of tea!  Good to have you back, Cap!

Gordon-Levitt on Ant-Man Rumors (Article) - 10/17/2013 3:06:19 PM

I could see JGL as Ant-Man, moreso than Rudd.  My personal casting favorite would still have to be Nathan Fillion, though...

DUCKBEAVER'S MANIACAL PERSONA