All Duckbeaver's Comments

The Joker for Gotham? (Article) - 5/13/2014 4:12:45 PM

Dare we hope to see Mr. Freeze's large freeze ray observatory or Riddler's island hideout in this city???

Kidding...I actually made myself depressed remembering that.

FIRST PHOTO: Batman and Batmobile (Article) - 5/13/2014 4:08:58 PM

Impressive.  Like he just stepped out of the comic.  Bats was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

Gotham Trailer Arrives (Article) - 5/6/2014 6:00:44 AM

I'm definitely curious to see how this show plays out.  The cast looks decent enough (with the exception of Jada Pinkett Smith.  I dunno, her character just seems a little out of place with the tone that's set up in the trailer, but we'll see).  WB has been sitting on a "young Bruce Wayne/early Gotham" TV project ever since the late 90's (the afore-mentioned SMALLVILLE spun out of this initial idea), so now that we're finally getting it, I'm interested to see if the concept has longevity and appeal.

Godzilla Movie CLIP: Let Them Fight (Article) - 5/4/2014 9:17:06 AM

Awesome...

And then Gipsy Danger shows up to rock both of them in face???

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 3D Trailer (Article) - 5/4/2014 9:00:04 AM

Donatello's "Oh!" face is terrifying...

Mania Review: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Article) - 5/4/2014 8:55:49 AM

The Electro dubstep theme got on my nerves a little, though.

Mania Review: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Article) - 5/4/2014 8:53:11 AM

I thought the movie was OK.  It definitely played more as a "highlight reel" of great Spider-Man moments sprinkled throughout a bloated story, but I was jazzed whenever it hit its stride.  The cast I think is way more charismatic than Raimi's cast and I really feel like the heart and soul of the movie was with Peter, Gwen and Harry.

The Electro action scenes were great, but I definitely feel like that should have been its own separate movie and Max could have been developed a little more as a character.  Yeah, I'm with hanso: whenever the "world-building" with Sinister Six hints and the conspiracy surrounding Peter's parents and Oscorp shows up, the film loses its momentum.

But I would definitely want to see MOMENTS from this film again and again.  Just not sit through the whole thing.

Hugh Jackman for PAN (Article) - 4/25/2014 4:03:10 AM

What, no Rufio?  ;)

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Final Trailer (Article) - 4/16/2014 7:10:49 AM

Is it just me or are they playing "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin over the trailer?

Marvel vs DC - Still on! (Article) - 4/15/2014 6:05:08 AM