All EagleManiac's Comments

Prometheus Blu-ray and DVD Details (Article) - 10/1/2012 9:40:15 AM

I'm definitely getting my copy! Loved this movie!

Mania Review: Looper (Article) - 9/28/2012 7:36:02 AM

I may actually have to see this one. I'm a big Bruce fan, so here's hoping it's as good as the review says it is!

Dredds Gear: DREDD 3D Featurette (Article) - 9/20/2012 11:39:36 AM

I dunno, Sly's version had a more "futuristic" look to it. So many of the shots/scenes look like they simply used the ghetto of some large city to film it in, and there's not much in the way of "future tech" except the bikes and the weapons. I'm still VERY doubtful as to seeing it in the theaters, and if it's only 3-D that will hinder my decision to see it as well, since I can't see 3-D due to my bad eyes.

I agree, Ole WiseOne......I like Sly's version. It's not a great movie, but it was a lot of fun. This whole push towards dark, gritty, "realistic" adaptations of comics is getting stale.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/19/2012 8:56:22 AM

I've always enjoyed this movie. Taken out of the Halloween series, and watched as a singular movie, it's a lot of fun. Sure, it has flaws, but most movies do. I have it on DVD and I tend to put it on the week of Halloween every year!

New Hobbit Trailer (Article) - 9/19/2012 7:46:26 AM

Oh, HELL YES! I can't WAIT!!!

The 50 Best Chase Scenes: Part 3 (Article) - 9/19/2012 7:42:12 AM

I agree with AbeFroman! Most of The Road Warrior IS a "Chase Scene"!!! Bad ass pulse-ponding music, fantastic stunts, and great cinematography round out scene after gut-wrenching scene!!

Robocop First Look at The Suit (Article) - 9/17/2012 6:18:28 PM

Uh, no. Looks bad. No thanks!

No Avatar 4 (Article) - 9/7/2012 7:14:36 AM

Scyth, we "haters" comment because that's what this site is for, commenting on your likes and dislikes when it comes to Movies, TV, Comics, Books, Video Games, and so forth. If all the haters "moved on", then there wouldn't be all the fun banter back and forth like we have.

Quinto talks Star Trek 2 (Article) - 9/7/2012 7:10:09 AM

Hey, Muenster, why not tell us what you really think? (wink wink, nudge nudge)

I personaly have been a "Trek Fan" since the 70's as a kid who watched TOS on TV (along side my favorite show of that time, Space: 1999). Then my favorite of all the movies came out, TMP, and I loved it! WoK was great, but again, it seemed to veer away from the TV show more than TMP. TMP FELT like Star Trek more than all the other movies that have come out. I HATED Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations(because they destroyed my beloved 'D'), Insurrection and Nemesis.

I became a HUGE fan when TNG came out, especially near the end of season 2 and up to season 6. I To this day still love the Enterprise D the most, and Captain Picard is my favorite Captain. And not to mention I'd rather be examined by Dr. Crusher than "Bones" any day! LOL!!!

BUT, I will say, J.J.'s Star Trek was a lot of fun, with great chemistry between the actors in their roles. I really liked Urban's "Bones", and Pine's Kirk was better, IMHO, than The Shat's, as far as acting goes.

Was J.J.'s Trek "perfect"? Nope. But neither was TOS, TNG, or DS9 which were all influenced by Gene. They all had flaws, and a lot of episodes were total crap on a popsicle stick, but as one poster commented, those shows had YEARS to work on the "story line", where the movies only have 2 hours average to convey a story along with introducing new plot ideas.

I am very excited about Star Trek 2, or whatever it gets called eventually, and look forward to seeing what J.J. brings to the Trek Universe!

No Avatar 4 (Article) - 9/5/2012 1:55:56 PM

Shac2846....yeah, I NEVER say how much I hated Avatar. Just kinda slipped out this time! ;-p

Ole WiseOne, Sorry, but I skipped the first one in the Theaters, THANK GOD, but I did buy the DVD, UNFORTUNATELY, but I AM skipping anything that has the word Avatar, and is from Cameron in it in both the Theaters and DVD's.

EAGLEMANIAC'S MANIACAL PERSONA