All Everdawn's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/21/2009 10:10:13 AM

Ok, I'd like to go one on one with the Queen of Hearts, from Disney's Alice.   I don't know why, but the idea has always been strangely satisfying to me.   I'd eat the mushroom to get all giant size, but instead of calling her names like Alice does, I'd step on her with a satisfying squish,

Giveaway: POWERPUFF GIRLS - The Series (Article) - 1/17/2009 6:48:00 AM

Valium, Zanax, and Nyquil-  these were the ingredients used to form General Malaise.  Although, I have to be honest, he's never left the professor's lab.

Bizenghast Novel Vol. #1 (Article) - 10/12/2008 1:12:10 PM

Huh. I respectfully disagree with your assessment. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I just finished reading this book a couple of days ago, and I think you're being rather harsh with the material. I'm not a die-hard Bizenghast fan by any means and will admit that the manga has its flaws. (Not a big Edaniel fan here... I much prefer Edrear) But I suspect that the majority of the issues you have with the book are because of the source material, rather than the adaptation.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I will agree that the best parts of this book are the parts where the author goes away from the Manga and creates his own ghosts... the theatre ghost and the dialogue between the four Tower Guards come to mind as particularly compelling parts of the book.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I think my main disagreement with your review is that an adaptation is not supposed to be judged independently from the source material, but should instead be viewed as a supplement. This is a book written for fans of the manga, and they have certain expectations that need to be met. While I personally might not read a novelization of The Empire Strikes Back... let's face it, if I DID read it, I would expect that Luke would say to Darth Vader "That's not true... that's impossible!" Wouldn't most fans be upset if the book deviated from the beloved source material too much? Probably, the author of the adaptation was similarly constrained. I think it's unfair to blame the adaptor for dialogue that was in the original.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />

"Blockbusterâ%u20AC%u2122s Ultimate Entertainment Experience Contest" Contest (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:48:28 AM

That was non-sarcastic above. Darn you, punctuation!

"Blockbusterâ%u20AC%u2122s Ultimate Entertainment Experience Contest" Contest (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:47:44 AM

Geez- what a great contest.

"Hellstorm: Son of Satan" (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:46:21 AM

Like the series, hated this issue.

Daniel Radcliffe signs on for more "Harry Potter" (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:45:47 AM

Whew! It would be hard to accept someone else as Harry at this point.

Tim Story talks Galactus (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:44:08 AM

I really wish this will be good. But if the Surfer says anything close to "radical" or "gnarly", I will walk out of the theatre.

"Punisher War Journal: Volume 1" (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:42:40 AM

I'm not a big fan of this arc. I guess it's supposed to be fun... but when you consider Stilt-Man was ridiculously inneffectual- (To my knowledge he's never killed anyone, succeeded at a crime... and hey- he built a suit out of STILTS!) I don't know... siccing the Punisher on him seems wrong. (and let's not even talk about what happened to Goldbug and Plunderer.) If the Punisher took out an A-List super-villain- now THAT would be news.

What the hell is this?! (Article) - 3/3/2007 6:38:05 AM

Stephen Colbert is hysterical. That being said, I can't help but think the Ice Cream should have "a dash of truthiness".

EVERDAWN'S MANIACAL PERSONA