All FerretJohn's Comments

Doctor Who: Listen Review (Article) - 9/14/2014 11:53:03 PM

Incredible episode, really deep and thought provoking, definitely one of the best they've ever done to date.

As for the whole "Barn on Gallifrey" thing, I don't think it was on Gallifrey.  As they already said Gallifrey is timelocked and removed from the universe, no way could the TARDIS get to it, nor do I think it was the Doctors intention to be on Gallifrey when he activated the Moment and timelocked it.  Almost nothing is known about the Doctor and his family pre-series, Personally I wouldn't find it too difficult to believe that they spent a few years living on another planet

FIRST LOOK: The Penguin's Mother on Gotham (Article) - 9/13/2014 12:28:16 PM

Looks like she makes Mrs. Bates look like June Cleaver.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 9/5/2014 2:35:52 PM

This thread has been going on for over two years now, and had gone off the main subject a LONG time ago.  How long do you guys plan on keeping this going?

Doctor Who: Into the Dalek Review (Article) - 9/1/2014 1:25:32 AM

A good episode, I liked it, I'm looking forward to seeing this new guy Danny Pink more and wondeirng if maybe he'll be joining Clara on the TARDIS.  I had only one problem with the episode, in the end when Blue asked the Doctor to take her with them and the Doctor said no because she was a soldier.  Now I know the Doctor has displayed issues against soldiers in the past, and in certain cases I can fully understand it.  However having proudly served in the military myself it does get on my nerves.  As did the kids questioning Mr Pink about whether he killed civilians.  That's a place one really shouldn't go.

The 2014 Emmy Winners (Article) - 8/26/2014 4:38:51 PM

ahh Tyrion, he got no justice at his trial and he got no justice at the Emmy's.  Dinklage should've won Best Supporting

Mania Terrors: Young Frankenstein (Article) - 8/25/2014 2:44:59 PM

SEDAGIVE???

Wait, where you going?  I was going to make espresso.

Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Player's Handbook Review (Article) - 8/16/2014 5:21:46 PM

I've played D&D since the 1st edition box set (yes, I am that old).  Of them all 3.5, and it's bastard daughter Pathfinder, has been the favorite of both me and my friends, while 4th was without contest the worst.  As observed by others 4th was like a vdeo game on paper (press A B and wiggle the stick left-right to activate Combo #2)  It'll probably be awhile before I get around to trying #5, us old nerds don't play as much as we used to, but I look forward to giving this a go when we do.

@Walker, 2nd edition had its ups and downs, the core game was a vastly improved version on 1st edition with much better class/level options for non-humans, but the supplementals sucked.  Mostly, I have heard, because TSR had been sold to a businesswoman who, though good at business, had little respect for gaming and gamers, she saw D&D simply as a cash-machine and didn't allow employees to play on company time, not even for game-testing.  That's kinda like Mazda making a new car but not even trying to turn over the engine before putting it on the sales floor.

NEW Stormtrooper Armor for Episode VII? (Article) - 8/15/2014 12:38:59 PM

Most of the original clone troopers have died out awhile ago.  They were good for starting up the Empire but by A New Hope most Stormtroopers were natural recruits

Robin Williams has Passed (Article) - 8/11/2014 6:51:01 PM

Greatest comedian who ever lived who cold also pull a dramatic roll that would rip your heart out.  The man had so much talent, I'm in total shock that he's gone.  Everybody knows that behind the manic humor Robin had been fighting demons for years, it's truly a terrible thing that the demons won.  I'm going to miss you.

The Expendables 3 Movie Clip - Bike Jump (Article) - 8/7/2014 11:02:17 AM