All FerretJohn's Comments

Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Player's Handbook Review (Article) - 8/16/2014 5:21:46 PM

I've played D&D since the 1st edition box set (yes, I am that old).  Of them all 3.5, and it's bastard daughter Pathfinder, has been the favorite of both me and my friends, while 4th was without contest the worst.  As observed by others 4th was like a vdeo game on paper (press A B and wiggle the stick left-right to activate Combo #2)  It'll probably be awhile before I get around to trying #5, us old nerds don't play as much as we used to, but I look forward to giving this a go when we do.

@Walker, 2nd edition had its ups and downs, the core game was a vastly improved version on 1st edition with much better class/level options for non-humans, but the supplementals sucked.  Mostly, I have heard, because TSR had been sold to a businesswoman who, though good at business, had little respect for gaming and gamers, she saw D&D simply as a cash-machine and didn't allow employees to play on company time, not even for game-testing.  That's kinda like Mazda making a new car but not even trying to turn over the engine before putting it on the sales floor.

NEW Stormtrooper Armor for Episode VII? (Article) - 8/15/2014 12:38:59 PM

Most of the original clone troopers have died out awhile ago.  They were good for starting up the Empire but by A New Hope most Stormtroopers were natural recruits

Robin Williams has Passed (Article) - 8/11/2014 6:51:01 PM

Greatest comedian who ever lived who cold also pull a dramatic roll that would rip your heart out.  The man had so much talent, I'm in total shock that he's gone.  Everybody knows that behind the manic humor Robin had been fighting demons for years, it's truly a terrible thing that the demons won.  I'm going to miss you.

The Expendables 3 Movie Clip - Bike Jump (Article) - 8/7/2014 11:02:17 AM

eh, I could do that.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/28/2014 8:25:46 PM

Shellhead, probably sometime in December.  But if it's anything like An Unexpected Journey I wouldn't expect a whole lot of extended time in the Desolation of Smaug Extended discs, maybe 10 minutes give or take.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 8:12:24 PM

I'm not wild about this whole idea, nor about the new Thor either.  The whole thing stinks of Marvels big mega-event trend, throwing the universe on its head every year and radically changing everything before the fans can even get used to the last changes.  Hell, it's only been a couple years since Steve Rogers got the suit back from Bucky Barnes, switching players this soon just makes no sence.  And I don't care for Sam Wilson being the new Cap either.  Now I have no problems with a black Captain America, and Sam Wilson is a good guy, one of Steve Rogers oldest and best allies, if anyone can hold the shield he can.  But to me Sam is, was, and always will be The Falcon, turning him into Captain America #12 or 13 is like turning Iron Man into the new Mr. Fantastic.  Personally, if they were to choose a black Cap, I'd have gone with the first one, Isaiah Bradley.  I'm told the version of the Super Soldier Serum he took retarded his aging process so that he still looks like late 30s-early 40s seventy years later, though he's apparently suffering from late term Alzheimers or something similar.  My imaginings of this story, something fixes Isaiahs brain, at least temporarily, allowing him to don the identity and be the hero he wasn't allowed to be 70 years ago.

Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies - Official Synopsis (Article) - 7/13/2014 6:17:55 PM

Sooooo, nothing to report that anyone who's ever read The Hobbit didn't already know.

Sharknado 2: Extended Trailer (Article) - 7/10/2014 8:52:50 PM

uhmm.... well....  uhhhh.............  ooooookay

10 Reasons We Love The Planet of The Apes (Article) - 7/9/2014 8:56:58 PM

Estella Warren, I looked up her credits on IMDB, it looks like Apes was the high point of her career, at least on movies and TV

NEW Doctor Who Series 8 Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/4/2014 2:54:03 PM