All FerretJohn's Comments

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/27/2015 8:28:21 PM

Shame this site is all-but shut down, the passing of Leonard Nimoy deserved a lot more attention than the back of the Goodbye comments page.  There were few men who were greater icons to this genre, whether he was Spock, or  Mission Impossibles Paris, the Atlantian King, Sentinel Prime, or William Simms there was never a role he played where he wasn't memorable.  Leonard Nimoy truly did live long and prospered.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/16/2015 5:14:46 PM

I'm going to miss this.  It's not just the entertainment news I'm going to miss, there's dozens of sites where I can get that, it's also about the less serious stuff, the Hulk vs Superman articles, the Vampire Care Bears, and all the other stuff.  Mostly though I'm going to miss the comments section and the ability to talk to other fans about all this, fans who think proper grammar isn't a mortal sin.  And I'm gonna miss you wierdos, Karas, Hanso, DarthBob, and everyone else.  I'm hoping these guys can pull a rabbit out of the hat and keep this going, or at least set up something similar, because of all the sites I visit this is the one I don't want to see end

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/15/2015 2:41:43 PM

Here's hoping things work out, Mania is one of my favorite sites, I really don't wamt tp see it go down

6 Degrees From The Clash to Clash of the Titans (Article) - 2/5/2015 6:01:22 PM

didn't I see this same article on here a few years ago?

The Super Hero Bowl: Marvel Vs. DC (Article) - 2/1/2015 5:03:11 PM

Interesting, though I think the Marvel coaching staff is all wrong.  Cap would be Head Coach, Cyclops as Offensive Coach, and Mr Fantastic as Defence.  Also you made a slight mistake on Cannonball, "He does one thing and one thing well, fly in a straight line".  Straight line was what he did  when he started, but now he has as much manueverability as any flyer.

First Look: Indominus Rex from Jurassic World (Article) - 1/29/2015 8:19:51 PM

Oh yes, let's see what we get when we take a T-Rex and give it the forearms and brains of a Velociraptor.  Surely that won't be anything bad....

Doctor Who for Marvel's Jessica Jones (Article) - 1/28/2015 10:09:16 AM

Dazzler, her origin is a bit complicated, wikipedia Jessica Jones for the full story.  Her powers really aren't that spectacular, Spiderman-level super strength, durability (most bullets will bounce off her), and flight (so-so skill at it originally, though she has gotten better after hooking up with the Avengers)

Doctor Who for Marvel's Jessica Jones (Article) - 1/27/2015 7:50:32 PM

Muenster, not a cop, a Private Investigator.... who also happens to be able to fly and bench press a Ford Pickup

Doctor Who for Marvel's Jessica Jones (Article) - 1/27/2015 5:25:55 PM

He's a bipolar hedonistic sexual predator with pheramonal mind-control powers, occasionally goes for the crime-lord world dominator roll but usually using his powers for his own petty amusements, who made Jessica Jones life a nightmare.  In the comics he took control of Jessica when she was a young would-be superhero named Jewel, keeping her as his slave for 6-8 months.  He never actually touched her during that time, he did worse.  He brought in a long line-up of women whom he did control and use and he made Jessica want it, always made her stand by the bed and made her beg to be a part of it.  By the time she was released (in a half-assed order to go kill Daredevil) she was an emotional mess, not just by what he did but by the fact that nobody seemed to notice she was gone for all that time.

Why is he Purple?  Like the Joker and Plastic Man, he was attempting to steal some stuff from a chemical plant and fell into a vat of unknown chemical waste while running from security, the chemicals permenantly dyed his skin and hair purple but also gave him his powers

Fantastic Four: Official Teaser Trailer (Article) - 1/27/2015 11:51:48 AM

The teaser looks good, but of course it is a teaser.  As for the movie itself, I thought they cancelled this thing (or at least maybe I was hoping they did).  Yeah, it looks like they completely threw out their established origins as well as made a black Human Torch.  I got no problem with turning a hero black, so long as it doesn't throw out canon too much, in this case he and Susan Storm are supposed to be brother and sister, same mother, same father, now one's black and the other is white (and brunette instead of blond).  Mama Storm has some 'splaining to do!

FERRETJOHN'S MANIACAL PERSONA