All FerretJohn's Comments

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/28/2014 8:25:46 PM

Shellhead, probably sometime in December.  But if it's anything like An Unexpected Journey I wouldn't expect a whole lot of extended time in the Desolation of Smaug Extended discs, maybe 10 minutes give or take.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 8:12:24 PM

I'm not wild about this whole idea, nor about the new Thor either.  The whole thing stinks of Marvels big mega-event trend, throwing the universe on its head every year and radically changing everything before the fans can even get used to the last changes.  Hell, it's only been a couple years since Steve Rogers got the suit back from Bucky Barnes, switching players this soon just makes no sence.  And I don't care for Sam Wilson being the new Cap either.  Now I have no problems with a black Captain America, and Sam Wilson is a good guy, one of Steve Rogers oldest and best allies, if anyone can hold the shield he can.  But to me Sam is, was, and always will be The Falcon, turning him into Captain America #12 or 13 is like turning Iron Man into the new Mr. Fantastic.  Personally, if they were to choose a black Cap, I'd have gone with the first one, Isaiah Bradley.  I'm told the version of the Super Soldier Serum he took retarded his aging process so that he still looks like late 30s-early 40s seventy years later, though he's apparently suffering from late term Alzheimers or something similar.  My imaginings of this story, something fixes Isaiahs brain, at least temporarily, allowing him to don the identity and be the hero he wasn't allowed to be 70 years ago.

Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies - Official Synopsis (Article) - 7/13/2014 6:17:55 PM

Sooooo, nothing to report that anyone who's ever read The Hobbit didn't already know.

Sharknado 2: Extended Trailer (Article) - 7/10/2014 8:52:50 PM

uhmm.... well....  uhhhh.............  ooooookay

10 Reasons We Love The Planet of The Apes (Article) - 7/9/2014 8:56:58 PM

Estella Warren, I looked up her credits on IMDB, it looks like Apes was the high point of her career, at least on movies and TV

NEW Doctor Who Series 8 Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/4/2014 2:54:03 PM

I know hat voice.  Sounds like they're bringing Davros back

DOCTOR WHO: THE TWELFTH DOCTOR #1 - Revealed (Article) - 6/18/2014 5:33:10 PM

Looking forward to it too, though there's just something about that suit that I don't care for.

Aquaman Officially Cast - Jason Momoa (Article) - 6/17/2014 5:50:30 PM

Strange casting, I think he'll do good but it's just that it's hard to imagine Aquaman being physically bigger than Superman

Game of Thrones: The Children Review (Article) - 6/16/2014 6:51:52 PM

Shae's motivations are one of the things they left questionable Kara, did she testify as revenge for Tyrion dumping him or was she always Tywins spy in Tyrions camp?  I guess in the end it really didn't matter which.

Game of Thrones: The Children Review (Article) - 6/16/2014 2:48:35 PM

Sounded like a good ending to the season, even though the season was too short.  Like alot of people I'd rather see at least 5 more episodes a season, but what can you do.  One point of correction to the author: Stannis has not decided to make an alliance with the Wildlings, Mellisandre has told him that dealing with the White Walkers is more inportant than claiming the Throne.

Isgrimmmer, Rickon and Osha weren't heading to the Wall, Osha was taking him into hiding somewhere south.  I will not go book spoiler on you but the youngest Stark has no real input into overall events and I get the feeling it will be awhile before they're seen again.

FERRETJOHN'S MANIACAL PERSONA