All GeoffMorton's Comments

1 2 >  >>

Crossbones Cast in Cap 2 (Article) - 10/31/2012 8:46:44 AM

Hopefully they don't try to shoehorn The Red Skull into this one. Avengers was cosmic, and the Skull went off to places unknown via the Cosmic Cube / Tessaract. To pull him back to Earth in this movie would alter the scope, I think, a bit too much. I think this movie needs to be much more grounded and about Cap questioning his place in our modern world, and in America, than about forcing a villain into the story that was sent halfway across the galaxy in the last movie.

Crossbones Cast in Cap 2 (Article) - 10/31/2012 8:43:50 AM

I must disagree with you, reek. Having recently re-watched all the Marvel flicks up to and including The Avengers, I'd have to say that The Incredible Hulk was the worst. I've actually seen Captain America three times now and i enjoy it more each time.

Singer Directs X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 10/31/2012 8:31:52 AM

It's about time the X-Men movies showed some real ambition. I've enjoyed them, and most of them have been good, but I think like many others, I've been waiting for that X-Movie that really embraced the scope and epicness of the comics. Though this was in the works since before Avengers was released, I'm sure that Fox and Singer are encouraged by the reception it received.

10 Ways Disney Could Save Star Wars (Article) - 10/31/2012 8:00:37 AM

And on the other hand... PLEASE, no Thrawn trilogy. No Dark Empire. No Expanded Universe at all. Leave them where they belong... in the books and videogames. Give us something (relatively) fresh, like Knights of the Old Republic did on the XBox back in 2004. It felt like Star Wars (and I realize it had the whole Neverwinter Nights thing going on... I never played it, so it was fresh to me). There are new stories to tell in that universe, not just existing stories to be adapted.

Jack Ryan Reboot launches Trilogy (Article) - 8/23/2012 7:59:54 AM

This actually has the potential to be quite exciting, if done right. I personally much preferred the John Clark stories to the Jack Ryan stories. I'd love to see Rainbow Six or Without Remorse brought to life.

The Dark Tower Falls (Article) - 8/21/2012 6:47:05 AM

I think in movie form, the Dark Tower would be better served as a trilogy. Not a seven part sprawl. I read the books. I loved them. But King has become a very puffy writer and they're loaded with padding and self-indulgence. Break the whole thing down to three movies, jettison a ton of the "epic sprawl" and I think you'd have a pretty amazing fantasy series. I know it wouldn't be a literal translation of the books, but if you want a literal translation... the books are always there for you.

APES Rise to Top (Article) - 8/8/2011 12:06:56 PM

I think some of you are over-estimating the potential box office of The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight's box office performance was a combination of a number of things, including the mood of the country at the time, the general refreshed feeling of Schumacher's Batman movies being washed away, and a rather morbid fascination with Heath Ledger's Joker and his untimely death. I think all of those factors (and probably others) came together to turn it into the phenomenon that it became. But I don't think we can take The Dark Knight's performance as the new benchmark for all Nolan Batman movies. The Dark Knight Rises will still probably rake in amazing amounts of cash... I just don't believe it will be the phenomenon its predecessor was.

All Dwarves from HOBBIT (Article) - 7/19/2011 7:45:34 AM

Actually, at first glance I thought Thorin Oakenshield was Gowron, the Klingon Chancellor from Star Trek: TNG and DS9. Still all look good though. (ha ha... I hadn't read your comment monkeyfoot, when I posted)

Monsters University Pushed Back (Article) - 4/5/2011 8:04:53 AM

I'm surprised they haven't gone with Monsters U. , personally, given that the U. would parallel the Inc. short form of Incorporated...

Monsters University Pushed Back (Article) - 4/5/2011 8:04:52 AM