All GundamWingMan's Comments

NBC Rejects Wonder Woman (Article) - 5/13/2011 8:11:40 AM

The problem I think, was trying to put a show like that on a mainstream network (especially NBC which has been badly lagging behind the likes of CBS and ABC for years now) where new shows often have next to no margin for error to land those all important ratings, otherwise, jittery executives, beholden to advertisers waste no time swinging the ax. This NEVER should've been peddled to a network in the first place, warts or not, it would've stood a better chance on cable.

10 Most Accurate Onscreen Superheroes (Article) - 5/5/2011 3:59:48 AM

Christopher Reeve set the bar impossibly high. He will ALWAYS be Superman to me and no one else.

The Top 15 Thor Stories (Article) - 5/4/2011 11:41:49 AM

Beyond the epic Lee-Kirby stories which are untouchable in terms of scope and majesty, I don't think ANYONE has been able to top Walt Simonson's run on Thor.

Chu Promises Better JOE Film (Article) - 4/15/2011 9:47:48 AM

goldeneyez: Brendan Fraser was Stalker if memory serves. No matter, hoping a sequel doesn't suck as badly as the original hardly counts as encouraging.

Chu Promises Better JOE Film (Article) - 4/15/2011 8:16:00 AM

That train wreck warranted a sequel? My Lord. How sad.

Reynolds' Full Body Costume for GL (Article) - 4/13/2011 7:46:47 AM

Batmite brings up some excellent points. Still....this is damned odd to me!

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (Article) - 4/13/2011 7:38:39 AM

Look, we all know (or should have known) that "Bucky America" was nothing more than a gimmick, and a temporary one at that. It was only a matter of time before Steve took the shield back, that's why I refused to warm up to Bucky as Cap. Hell, even if there wasn't a Cap movie coming out, Bucky's days with the shield were numbered, one way or another. But I'd be interested in seeing what happens in the future concerning Steve's role with the Secret Avengers, can't be fronting a covert ops squad while wearing the flag. Now THERE'S a gig better suited for Bucky, in fact, how about making him the new U.S. Agent!

Can Geoff Johns Save Aquaman? (Article) - 4/13/2011 6:40:21 AM

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Geoff Johns' winning streak when it comes to making lame superheroes awesome again will end with Aquaman. Not that I don't like the character (and I go even further back than Chad, having watched the old Filmation cartoons), I do, but I've never seen Artie as a top rung A-Lister like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern. Aquaman's a second-tier character, nothing more, nothing less, can Johns make him relevant enough that fans will want to shell out their hard earned money on the book? Who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if it flops.

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (Article) - 4/13/2011 6:30:55 AM

I'm probably the only comic geek in this hemisphere who DIDN'T like Bucky parading around as Cap (in fact, I derisively called him "Bucky America") and was counting down the days until Steve rightfully regained the shield. However, I'm looking forward to the Cap & Bucky book as I love stories with them kicking copious Nazi ass. Should be lots of fun.

Summit Nabs ALEX CROSS Reboot (Article) - 3/25/2011 7:36:23 AM

Madea.... as Alex Cross?!? Jesus! Talk about bad casting!

GUNDAMWINGMAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA