All Hobbs's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 3,280

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Bonus Content For Netlfix (Article) - 2/15/2014 12:21:08 PM

"Streaming, downloading and cloud storage is the wave of the future. Disks are going to eventually go away."

Not true, there will always be a market for owning items vs. getting them off a cloud. It may shift the balance of where money is spent but owning items will always be there. Oh, and thanks for telling me where I should spend my money.  Have to love the youth today, always willing to spend another persons money. You want to spend seven bucks a month more power to you but I'll spend my money elsewhere. I won't go off on a rant but you fail to see the appeal to mass audience that likes to own something.  I'm glad you are not in charge of marketing something.

If we do see this on bluray it won't be till 2015 to go with everything else that will be star wars.  Didn't it take a year for each season to come out on disc?

Mania Box Office Report: Gravity Rises (Article) - 10/7/2013 4:33:24 PM

I'm one the biggest Clooney haters out there but don't let your hate or dislike for the man stop you from seeing this movie.  If it helps, Clooney is in a supporting role, it's really a Sandra Bullock movie though the star of the movie is the movie itself and the director, Alfonso Cuaron.  This guy is a great director and I wish he would make more movies...hopefully he will now.  It's going to go down as a classic in the likes of 2001 and is meant to be seen on the big screen.  No matter how big your TV is it won't do it justice.  Lots of awards and nominations coming to this movie.

Superman Batman Movie for 2015 (Article) - 7/20/2013 11:38:45 PM

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of a supes vs batman.  This feels more like a cash grab and a lead into a justice league though I agree with Wise, they are scared of committing to more than one film at a time.  Man of steel was enjoyable film but it's tough to top the fight scene in that movie.  Even if you brought in doomsday it would basically be more of the same so I guess bats was the only way to go?

Defiance: The Bride Wore Black Review (Article) - 7/1/2013 1:43:05 PM

This show is missing that edge of the seat type of setting like BSG, Lost, etc. Other than the fact you can see Farscape finger prints all over it thanks to Obannon, I can't say it's that interesting of a show.  It might get better but you have to wonder if scyfy will give it a chance to grow.  2.7 ratings to begin and currently at 1.6.  I know it has been picked up for 13 more episodes but this could be like Alphas, two and gone.

Mania Box Office Report: Monsters Rule! (Article) - 7/1/2013 1:37:14 PM

I'll agree MOS wasn't the greatest but 1.5 billion for another version of supes?  You talk about kool-aid drinking.  How about the dope you keep smoking considering only three movies in BO history have every made 1.5 billion.  Is this another case of the fan boys wanting a movie to fail so badly because it doesn't meet their standards that they spin the end results?  Again, MOS wasn't the greatest but it's going to be a financial success, get over it.

Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Article) - 3/12/2013 10:35:53 AM

Jedi I read that Disney shut it down when they took over. There is a chance it will start production again but right now it's in development hell.

Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Article) - 3/11/2013 9:09:38 PM

I could have sworn Lucas only wanted this to go five seasons back when this started. I'm ok with the end and now Disney can close the book on prequel era sw. They also put a stop to the vid game 1313 so full focus will be on new trilogy. Besides you'll be able to get the box set of clone wars by Xmas.

New Oz The Great and Powerful Posters and Teaser (Article) - 1/29/2013 1:20:29 PM

I'm curious about this movie though a Franco fan I'm not.  I would have much prefered a better actor in the role. Hopefully Rachel Weiz will steal the show.

Star Wars 3D Prequels Cancelled (Article) - 1/29/2013 1:19:12 PM

I don't think there is a problem with 3D as long as you have the option to see it in 2D.  Which isn't always the case anymore unless you have to drive way to the other side of town to see it in 2D.  I missed a few movies this year because the theater closest to me was only showing it in 3D.

1952 Officially Titled Tomorrowland (Article) - 1/29/2013 1:16:06 PM

Expect lots of cool things blowing up, mysteries and absolutely no resolution by the end of the movie.  This is a script from Lindelof after all.

HOBBS'S MANIACAL PERSONA