All HudsonTaco's Comments

<<  <  37 38 39 40

"Lost: Left Behind" (Article) - 4/6/2007 12:35:46 AM

I wonder if they will disscuss moving everyone from the beach to the nice houses in the Others abandoned base? Seems like a good idea to me. Not my favorite episode ever but it does validate why I have never trused Locke, he is a selfish individual and has always wanted to stay. He dosen't want to even chance anyone getting off the island. He may become the villan in this show by the time all is said and done.

"Battlestar Galactica: Maelstrom" (Article) - 3/6/2007 12:06:16 PM

Well let me be the one person here who was impressed with how they have handled this. Kudos to the writers of BSG for not giving us a "main character dies saving the ship" nonsese every Sci fi show has done before. Kara was screwed up the whole seires and even more so after New Caprica she was unstable and they ended her life the way alot of read people in her situation do having a mental break down. I wouln't say this is my favorite episode of the show but even my least favorite episodes are still entertaining and don't usually take the road most travelled. As far as the filler episodes go (which I don't seem to mind as much as most) I think we will see that last of them for this season as this last show was episode 17 and there are only 3 left I think. and hopefully I don't have to wait til the end of April to see them (damn you Heroes)

Battlestar Galactica to upset fans? (Article) - 1/23/2007 10:13:45 AM

Zeek and Pony, I couldn't agree more. Any reason I have heard not to like this show is usually a reason that I never miss an episode. I was and still am to a certain degree a huge TNG fan and until BSG came along I would have said that was the best show ever on TV, well the best scifi show at least. Now though I am just not sure anymore. BSG is so well written it constantly makes unsure of how to feel about what you are seeing on screen. In TNG none of the cast was bad or did bad things, which works in that universe but BSG takes a different aproach and it is compelling stuff I must say. Not very many TV shows can do that for that matter not may films can either and that is quite an achivement. Bottom line is the show keeps pushing the boundries of what to expect week to week thats why certain things are not always clear and if you can't deal with it then don't watch or at the minimum don't bitch.

Battlestar Galactica to upset fans? (Article) - 1/22/2007 9:59:32 AM

"KJ's Take: I really can't say much as I don't watch the show ... so this news really doesn't interest me' Gotta say that if you work on this website and don't watch this show your "take" means nothing. I can't say I am as busy watching reading and reporting as you are but this is one of the best Sci Fi series of all time and if you don't watch the show you are missing out. I will even lend you my DVD's ;). Now as for who is gonna die? it gonna piss us off? Adama is my guess, My favorite character has become Tigh over the years (however I'd be the minority in picking him) but all the characters are so strong it really could be anyone. But Adama is the character that all BSG fans would be sad to see go that seems the logical choice given the info in this article.

"Hellboy 2" will cast in January (Article) - 12/20/2006 5:01:42 PM

Didn't hate the first one when I saw it in the theater although after Del toro did Blade 2(the best of the 3 in my opinion) and left Blade 3 to do Hell boy I was a little dissapointed with the out come of both films especial the tripe that was Blade Trinity. I have watched hellboy again since then and enjoyed it much more the second time. I will wait for preview b4 I make my final decision but as of now I'd pony up to see the Hellboy sequel.

"Battlestar Galactica: The Eye of Jupiter" (Article) - 12/20/2006 9:50:23 AM

Talk about a show that doesen't get enough credit. Again I am waing impatiently to see how this will turn out, while not as cliffhangning as the season 1 finale or season 2's Pegasus mid season finale( probably cause I don't have to wait 6 bloody months for the resolution) a fantastic episode all around. As far as my predictions of the next episode and beyond. I'm sorry to say I think it Anders' time on the show is comming to an end, this show pulls no punches when it comes to killing off secondary characters as with Billy, and Kat. Anders will be taken out mostlikly saving Starbuck's life. I'm not sure what will happen in the next episode in relation to the Eye of Jupiter but Adama won't nuke anything at least not at the beginning of part 2. Down the road I think mbekham has it right that it will be Hera who eventually leads them to earth (who 'them" is I'm not sure at all) but what has come before this episode definatly supports that theory and I put my money on that for sure. Once again let me state that this is hands down the best show on TV and it should at the bare minimum be nominated for a emmy or golden globe and the fact it hasen't been is just sad. I love Heros as well but where is the BSG love? I have shown this series to dozens of friends who all love it. My mom loves it for crying out loud and she likes Desperate House Wifes. Lend out your DVD's get this show the reconition it deserves.

Small Screen, Big Screen: Star Trek (Article) - 12/19/2006 1:49:52 PM

kgatchel Check on Page one post #9 I agree with you and said basically the same things you just said. the New BSG is the high water mark for anyone trying re-energize the Trek series. Snallygaster Very well put about WOK, took the words right out of my mouth. No one can deliver lines like Shatner, no one.

Small Screen, Big Screen: Star Trek (Article) - 12/19/2006 1:08:16 PM

you are correct in that I missquoted you I apologize I will restate my comment ."Wow Nemisis better than Wrath of Khan? I don't think so" good point about the time it came out though, You cannot compare your memories of a movie you saw as a child to the expirence you have at the movies as an adult. example Star wars I love my childhood memories of this movie, but despite its impact on movies in general it would be slammed had it come out today even with top notch Special effects. lets compare it to the best of the prequels Revenge of the Sith, it is a far better movie in almost everyway but ask anyone who remembers seeing the original in the theater or even on VHS as a kid and you will find that they not only like the original more but in most cases its not even a question. Why do you think that is? I still can't figure it out.

Small Screen, Big Screen: Star Trek (Article) - 12/19/2006 12:43:20 PM

Wow Nemesis as good as The Wrath of Kahn? Um no. How old are you? I have seen Khan countless times as it is a classic movie. Since when do I go to a ST movie to be frightened? Khan conflict with Kirk was personal and was very original in 1982. ST:III was good but it no wrath of Khan and Christopher Plummers General Chang in ST:VI was better than Lloyd's Character in my opinion. best to worst the definative list. 1-Wrath of Khan, 2- Undiscovered Country, 3-First Contact, 4-Search for Spock, 5-Voyage Home, 6- Generations, 7-Nemesis, 8-motion Picture, 9-Final Frontier, 10-Insurrection. My list is final no one can dispute it ;) j/k

Small Screen, Big Screen: Star Trek (Article) - 12/19/2006 12:19:33 PM

Kirk and Spock at the academy? Come on! I don't want to even get into whats wrong with that concept. Iconic characters like that cannot be recast, Shatner is Kirk, Nemoy is Spock that is that. Enterprise was not nearly as bad as some would have you beleive and its final season with the exception of maybe the series finally was one of Treks best sesons ever. There are so many more satisfying ideas they could do. What about Enterprise B? how about a movie about the doomed Enterprise C? oh and btw Kirk and Spock never met at the academy but continuity has never really been a problem for the writers of trek as they have changed so much even during the original series so I can see them not caring too much about that. If they must use Kirk and Spock then reimagine the universe, a la Battlestar Galactica, now thats how you relaunch a series. TNG is in my opinion the best show ever on TV but the new Battlestar is a %$#@ close second. I wonder what Gene would have to say about the state of trek these days. Spinning in his grave. While I will keep my eye on how this develops as all good Trekkies should they have promised too much before and not delivered. Inssurection(worse than ST:V) and Nemesis (was missing something I still can't put my finger on it). Abrams has his work cut out for him, I hope he delivers as good a movie a MI:3 (fingers crossed). P.S Wesssmith's "conspiracy" is a fricken great Idea just thought Id add that.

HUDSONTACO'S MANIACAL PERSONA