All JacenBlade's Comments

Tarzan Release Date Set (Article) - 2/13/2014 7:37:12 PM

Blankczech, by not portraying Tarzan as a single syllable brutish dummy would be a start.  I won't argue with your "preposterous" claim, but that's what made the books fun for me. The Tarzan of the books is intelligent, intuitive, brave, fiercely loyal and lives by a natural code.  The way they can make this movie more appealing is go for that "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie serial style.  Rousing adventure and cliffhanger type action.  The first half of the Christopher Lambert movie "Greystoke" was loyal enough to the book, but then they copped out and instead of action, adventure and some jungle savage violence, we got a booring lecture on class in society UGGGHHH!  Lets keep this one fun and exciting.  In my opinion, the best Tarzan adaption to date..... Disney's animated version.

THE WIND RISES - English Language Cast (Article) - 12/18/2013 2:10:10 PM

Did you just make something up so you could direct some manufactured rage at Disney?  WTF is "traditional voice actors"?  And you're totally discounting the fact that Disney is introducing a whole new audience to Miyazaki's work.

Typical Fan Boy snob.  Such elitists.

Batman Vs. Superman Shoots this Weekend (Article) - 10/16/2013 2:38:51 PM

I'm not saying this with hostility so don't take offense, but could fellow "Maniacs" like Jedibanner not subject us to negative posts about how much the movie is going to suck before you have even seen it.  We get it, you think Ben Affleck is a bad choice but as far as I know, despite the advise of the naysayers, they are apparently going ahead with production on this movie with Affleck not only involved but with a multi picture deal.  No amount of snarky comments, or online polls is going to change that.  Once you have seen the finished product then your opinion will have validity, until then, it's a tantrum.

Christoph Waltz for Tarzan (Article) - 9/27/2013 1:06:48 PM

The first part of Greystoke was as close to any "literal" adaption of the books as has ever been put on film.  That being said, the movie's second half was a droll expose on the class structure in England.  BOOOOOOORING!!  Disney's animated Tarzan believe it or not is my favorite, though it takes huge liberties (even putting aside drum playing apes, which are actually part of the books).  I am a huge fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs' books.  I read most of them as a kid and teen and have yet to see the perfect Tarzan movie.  In my opinion it has to have a pulpy, serialized feel much like the original Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Tarzan should not be portrayed as a semi literate brute.  He is intelligent, cunning, savage, honorable and protective depending on the situation at hand.  I'm looking forward to this film and hope it is successful.

Disney and Bruckheimer Part Ways (Article) - 9/20/2013 6:38:16 PM

LOL Miner, SOOOO true.  By 2020 Disney will have more money than GOD.  A lot of sci fi stories foretell of corporations running America.   Maybe Disney should take over the U.S. Government.  :p

Affleck on Batman Backlash (Article) - 9/17/2013 6:05:38 PM

I give Affleck a lot of credit for dealing with the criticism in a humorous way.  He was level headed, rational and has faith in the project after getting a peek at what Snyder and all are going to create.  Lets be honest, what the Rage Posters really should have gotten was a big middle finger from him or even a simple STFU and GTFO.   Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that's a given.  Everyone is entitled to anticipate something with joy or trepidation.  BUT......  some fans can be such ignorant, intolerant, self important, hateful dicks.   Affleck would not be my choice but I'm willing to wait and see.

Star Trek: Into Darkness Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/15/2013 7:11:06 AM

Let me get this comment in before it is drowned out by the deluge of posts by obstinate, foot stomping, pouting "Trekkies".  I approached the reboot of Star Trek back in 2009 with trepidation, especially over the casting of the characters with younger actors.  Star Trek turned out to be my favorite movie of that year, and I didn't have another "Wow, this is awesome" movie experience again until I saw The Avengers.  What Abrams and his writers did was assemble a worthy team of actors with great on screen chemistry and developed a story that allowed the new films to reference, reflect or be a homage to previous Star Trek creations without being beholden to the strict canon of what came before.

I wasn't sure if it all could be recaptured in a sequel but it was.  Star Trek In To Darkness has all the elements that make movie going fun.  Characters you care about played by charismatic actors with fun, smart dialogue, great action sequences, awesome musical score and visually the movie looks freaking amazing (I don't mind the lens flare, but concede it may annoy some).  The special effects and general look of the movie are beautiful.  Every shot looks "real" with the seamless combination of actual and computer generated images.

The elements of Star Trek I have always enjoyed the most was the relationships and interactions of the main characters, especially Kirk, Spock and McCoy.  This movie does a great job of showing the development and strengthening of their friendships.  The whole 'flip the script" moment involving self sacrifice and radiation exposure was brilliant and I thought a respectful nod to The Wrath of Khan.  Maybe you can change the future, but maybe destiny will reassert itself.  Like Kirk said, he did what Spock would have done.

An unrepresentative small group of "hard core" fans at a convention voting this the "Worst Star Trek movie of all time" is a joke.  A small group of petulant whiners who had their own vision of what the movie should have been, didn't see it realized and lashed out in disappointment. The box office and critical reviews speak for themselves.  Get a life.  For crying out loud, it was just a movie.  Have any of you ever kissed a girl?     ................................  Should anyone get upset, I just want to clarify, this post was a recreation of the evil Jacen Blade from episode 27, "The Enemy Within"

No Abrams for Trek 3 (Article) - 9/12/2013 5:10:03 PM

Star Treks loss is Star Wars' gain.  I have every confidence that JJ Abrams will do an excellent job with that other iconic franchise.  I just received my 3D blu ray of Star Trek In to Darkness today and did some scene jumping.  I don't care what the minor but VERY vocal naysayers put on these message boards, I loved both Star Trek movies by Abrams.  He took a movie franchise that had grown tired and lost relevancy and brilliantly brought us a new take on the characters that can still draw from old canon but not be bound to it.  The chemistry of the actors, the action, top notch special effects, music and stories were all great in my opinion.  Themes of friendship, loyalty, honor, sacrifice, destiny, revenge and redemption made for some awesome fun at the theaters.  The films gave me everything I go to the movies for in grand spectacular fashion.  For those who wanted a more "cerebral" movie just dust off your copy of Star Trek the Motion Picture (yawn).

Affleck is Batman (Article) - 8/23/2013 1:47:27 PM

I love being a comic book, video game, movie, fantasy/ action novel, sci-fi tv show fan.  What I don't love so much is the Hard Cores who pass themselves off as geniuses of cinema on message boards.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially an educated opinion, like say when you've already seen the completed movie.  But some fools get on here and make predictions like "This movie is gonna suck balls" or "This movie ruined my life" etc, etc.  Remember all the dire predictions and obnoxious taunts and speculation about Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man and Heath Ledger as Joker???   What would be great is if Mania kept track of peoples idiotic comments and made them eat crow by apologizing to the writers, actors, directors and studios they malign.  I've been called a nerd in my time and the only insulting aspect about that is that in my experience  hard core nerds are some of the most self centered, intolerant, insultive, obstinate jerks you could ever encounter.  I've been waiting a long time to see Batman and Superman together on the big screen.  I'm excited to see it and am not going to whine about it for the next 2 years.  If it isn't enjoyable after I see it, I'll deal with my disappointment then.

Bullet to the Head Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 10/27/2012 5:22:46 PM

YEAH!  I say enough with the ambiguous heroes of today.  I love a good old fashioned action flick where the hero follows a definate code.  Walter Hill has directed some of the best action films of my lifetime.  I'll definately give this a shot at the theaters.  It looks like 48 Hours mixed with Get Carter with a dash of Red Heat simmered in a little Above the Law.   Mmmmm MMMMM, thats a meaty stew.

JACENBLADE'S MANIACAL PERSONA