All JacenBlade's Comments

<<  <  8 9 10 11

DVD SHOPPING BAG- Look Ahead at DVD and Blu-ray for 2009 (Article) - 1/6/2009 1:06:57 PM

Nice list Hanso,  The Bourne movies actually got better with each successive picture.  Lost is by far the best looking HD series on television and the Blu-ray version is just as amazing.  They should go back and gives us 1 & 2.  Every animation I have gotten on Blu-ray jumps off the screen.  I'd definately get Batman the Animated Series.  My only question is  why, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHYYYYYY Batman & Robin? LOL.   I'm going to peg you as a continuity junkie or a completist.  Either that or you worship that movie for being the catalyst to Warner Brothers doing a complete 180 and rebirthing the franchise to give us Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.  Oh well, we all have our guilty pleasures.  Enjoy!

My wish list for Blu-ray:

Last of the Mohichans

Toy Story 1 & (especially) 2

Supernatural (1,2,3)

X-Files complete series / Millenium also

Star Trek TNG complete series

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Indianna Jones 1,2,3

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/21/2008 7:18:50 PM

<P>Hey SonyMANswallower, I told you to STFU.</P>Now THAT is a fact.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/21/2008 3:50:26 PM

<P>Sonymanswallows???  Swallows what?? whatever it is, you need to stop.  It's making you irrational.  Or maybe it's just that you are like all the other hating cockaroaches that have infested this country.  Idiots like you are everywhere, so sure that you are RIGHT.  Please,  the world is a complicated place.  Some people love us, some hate us but we are not the evil empire that loons like you make us out to be.  You deny everything good this country has done, even President Bush, but you go on and on and on and on, Bush is a dick, blah blah Cheney is evil, blah blah America is facist blah blah.  You have all turned into a parody of your selves.  You and your fanatical cult of Bush haters are worse than anything you constantly whine and moan about.  Thank God you're not in charge.  The fact of the matter is, this is NOT a political forum.  This site is for entertainment.  You have misunderstood the use of the word "Maniac" here.  It's a site for people "crazy" about all forms of entertainment not a soapbox for actual maniacs.  Listen, chill out, you sound like spoiled children.  America has voted in your "Savior".  Your anti-Bush.  Show some dignity, get through the next 30 days or so and in the mean time STFU.</P> By the way, I found the article very funny. Good job.

Comics2Film: SUPERMAN, HULK, BATMAN and More (Article) - 12/12/2008 11:52:27 AM

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm not heartbroken either that they may go in a different creative direction with the Superman franchise.&nbsp; Superman Returns was just OK.&nbsp; I loved the special effects and it had some good moments but it was too derivative of the 70s/80s Christopher Reeve pictures.&nbsp; I think Brandon Routh was chosen simply for his incredible ability to channel the spirit, mannerisms and speech patterns of Christopher Reeve.&nbsp; I'd be much happier, like JBBUC, to see a reboot of the character with Tom Welling involved.</p>

SMALLVILLE: Legion, Doomsday and....Zatanna? (Article) - 12/9/2008 12:23:43 PM

<P>     This has been Smallvilles' strongest season in a while.  I have stuck with the show since the begining and though there has been inconsistancy it is still good escapist fun.  I like the way the show has incorportated people both real and fictional from previous incarnations of Superman.  Honestly, when I picture Superman in my minds eye now I see Tom Welling.  I hope sometime in the future he gets into one of the coming Superman related projects. I am not a big fan of the Bryan Singer/Brandon Routh approach of riffing on and channeling Christopher Reeves.  There have been episodes of Smallville that I enjoyed more than Superman Returns.</P><BR /> <P />     This could be Smallvilles last season so I hope the writers and producers pull out all the stops.  Lets see more Metropolis, Action, Powerful Adversaries and even though I don't have to see "The Costume" on Clark, it's OK to let him figure out how to fly.</P><BR /> <P />P.S.  Even though I may be the only person you hear this from, Go see Punisher/War Zone. Don't expect "The Dark Knight" but it is good kick ass fun.</P>

PUNISHER: WAR ZONE - The Mania Review (Article) - 12/6/2008 11:51:47 AM

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp; Really Hanso, this movie was shit??&nbsp;&nbsp;Your expectations may have been too high or maybe you were expecting a different type of movie.&nbsp; Try going to a movie and just enjoying it.&nbsp; This movie was NOT going to be Ironman or The Dark Knight.&nbsp; Anyone going to&nbsp;see it and believing that was just deluding themselves and setting themself up to not like it.&nbsp; I loved it.&nbsp; The violence was extreme and mostly over the top.&nbsp; So what?!&nbsp; It was not produced by Disney.&nbsp; All the press on this movie admitted that it would be in the style of the Saw flicks and the latest Rambo movie.</p> <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you haven't seen the movie don't let the naysayers keep you away.&nbsp; If you like the Punisher character at all you will enjoy this movie.&nbsp; Here is what you can expect.&nbsp; A tough as nails Frank Castle.&nbsp; Good guys kick bad guy ass scenes like you have not witnessed since the 80's&nbsp; Some laugh out loud moments.&nbsp; Unrelenting and brutal violence.&nbsp;&nbsp;The audience I&nbsp;saw it with emotionally and vocally reacted to this movie and there was actually applause&nbsp; when it was over.</p> <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/27/2007 8:34:45 PM

Casting Zachary Quinto as Spock - BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! Casting this guy as Kirk - Yawn.......... I was hoping the rumors of Matt Damon playing Kirk were true, I think he would do a great job and give this re-tooling of the franchise some instant cred, much like Patrick Stewart did for STNG. If JJ Abrams thinks this guy looks anything remotely like a young James T. Kirk then I guess we can look forward to Nick Cannon being cast as Dr. McCoy. Hey, why not just call it Star Trek: Star Date 90210. Thanks for killing my buzz for this movie.

HEROES: Four Months Later (Article) - 9/26/2007 5:28:38 PM

To be brief, I agree with your assessment. I thought there was too much crammed into this first episode and it really felt like I was flicking through channels to different shows. This episode, though enjoyable because I like the characters, was not even as good as the worst episode of last season.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/23/2007 12:09:03 AM

Another bad decision by Warner Brothers. They made a mistake passing on Welling for Superman Returns, but I guess Synger wanted a Christopher Reeve clone. This was a great opportunity for Warners to make things right since the JLA movie is considered a different continuity. I had high hopes for this movie until this news, oh, and that George Miller was directing.

JACENBLADE'S MANIACAL PERSONA