All JacenBlade's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

A Good Day to Die Hard Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 10/26/2012 8:50:10 PM

I love the Die Hard movies (maybe #3 not so much) and I will see this opening week.  The last movie was suprisingly good.  I have high hopes for this one.

First New Jack Ryan Photo (Article) - 9/2/2012 10:13:20 AM

CaptAmerica04 your post reminds me of all the haters that screamed that the Bond franchise was over when Daniel Craig was chosen for the role.  Not sure you can justify the term EPIC fail from ONE frame of film.  Besides, not all states have a motorcycle helmet law.  As a true fan just be happy they are continuing to make a Jack Ryan movie at all, give it a chance then post your reaction based on what they make, not in what you make of a picture.

Avengers Blu-ray Clip 5 (Article) - 8/2/2012 9:49:06 AM

EPIC!!!   I noticed a lot of things I missed when I saw it in the theater.  Will definately have to get this on blu ray to watch over and over and over and over...............................   Most fun I've had at a movie since Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Back to the Future.

Where to Now 6 Ideas for the DC Movie Franchise (Article) - 7/28/2012 2:50:54 PM

IRACORS - , well thought out and dare I say more detailed and focused than any plan Warner Brothers has indicated to date. When I see the financial success of The Avengers and recall my experience seeing the movie (without hyperbole, the most fun I have had seeing a movie since The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Back to the Future). I can't recall a movie that the audience reacted so viceraly too. With this in mind I'm glad a George Miller helmed JL movie never materialized. Miller was riding high off the success of Happy Feet, but I got to say, I never went ape shit over a George Miller movie. The Avengers BLEW ME AWAY!!! This tells you that when someone is chosen to direct a JL film, it has to be someone like Joss Whedon who is familiar, active in or related somehow to comics.
You know what would make me happy? Go watch the trailer for DC Universe Online (Cinematic Trailer) Comic Con 2010 on YouTube. WOW!!! Expand that to a full length feature film and I would pay $25 a ticket to see it.

Where to Now 6 Ideas for the DC Movie Franchise (Article) - 7/24/2012 2:08:59 PM

JSMULLIGAN - I agree with you regarding Green Lantern. I enjoyed the movie myself but understand other fan's issues with it.  There is no need to make a second GL film.  The universe established in GL was generic enough to fit in with any they establish for a Justice League movie.  Just put Ryan Reynolds in the suit and have him join the JL.

MONKEYFOOT - You make an excellent point.  The fate of a Justice League movie hinges so very much on the new Superman movie being good enough to be embraced by the fans.  In an earlier post I posited that Man of Steel should be the starting point for the new established cohesive D.C. film universe.  If the movie is not super (pardon pun) successful it's back to the drawing board which would push a JL movie even further into the future.

Read my plan Warners:

1) Assign a comic industry insider to oversee ALL film projects and maintain a cohesive film universe

2) Add something to Man of Steel that references Wonder Woman.  A quick scene or something in background.

3) Fastrack WW movie.  In that movie reference back to Man of Steel and tease in that movie a new Batman film

4) Reboot Batman sooner than later.  Everyone knows TDKR is the final Nolan film and the end of that "interpretation" of the character.  A reboot is expected so why wait.

5) Follow Batman reboot with Worlds Finest movie with Superman and Batman teaming up against a situation so dire, catastrophic or cosmic that it can't be resolved and ends in cliffhanger

6) Justice League movie continues storyline from Worlds Finest movie as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman realize need to establish a super team.  Introduce Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman in this movie and add Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern to the team.  You now have your Franchise movie with the original members and you get there with just three additional movies.  COMMENCE PLAN NOW !!!!!!

Where to Now 6 Ideas for the DC Movie Franchise (Article) - 7/24/2012 6:13:45 AM

The most important point of your article Rob is also the main reason that D.C. superhero movies have failed to match the success of Marvel.  There in not ONE cohesive vision in place.  D.C. desperately needs an architect to map out a plan. I agree taking someone or a few people from inside D.C. comics to create a shared vision is the way to succeed.   Right now they are taking a one movie at a time approach with no sense of a shared universe.  If one movie is successful (BB, TDK, TDKR) that movie's "universe" prevails with no association with another heroe's reality.  If a movie tanks or is met with a resounding "MEH" from the movie going public (Green Lantern, Superman Returns) the studio has to step back, reassess or even reboot the franchise all over again.  They are wasting time and money.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are D.C.'s big three.  They have to exploit that.  I have high hopes for Zack Snyder's Superman movie.  D.C. has to start there.  I would add something, ANYTHING Wonder Woman related into the movie.  A reference, a tease, something to tie Wonder Woman into the same world that Superman exists in.  It does not even have to be a cameo.  Fast track a WW movie and cast her later. In the WW movie cross reference back to Superman but this is MOST important: Tease a new Batman film.  Too soon?  I don't think so.  D.C. has to reboot Batman to fit him into a Justice League movie.  Release a rebooted Batman following WW then follow that movie with a Worlds Finest movie pitting Supes and Batman against an adversary or situation that they barely escape from, or defeat momentarily.  This necessitates  the formation of the Justice League to then follow in it's own movie. This gets D.C. to a Justice League movie within THREE films.  Other members of the Justice League don't need their own movies.  Green Lantern already has been established. Just put Ryan Reynolds in the movie.  The Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter can appear in cameos during WW, Batman or Brave & Bold much like Black Widow was introduced in Iron Man2.  Or they can just be introduced in the JL movie.

Branagh the Villain in new Ryan Film (Article) - 7/21/2012 5:35:17 AM

Clear and Present Danger has been the best Jack Ryan movie so far.  I have enjoyed all the movies so far, including Sum of All Fears.  I thought Affleck did a decent job and would have gone to another if they made it.  That being said I hope this time when they go "back to the drawing board" the skip the eraser and continue on.

Hellboy 3 Update (Article) - 7/16/2012 7:41:41 PM

I met Mike Mignola at a Comic Con years ago. I am a huge fan of his artwork so I sprung some money for a drawing from him.  Honestly, he was kind of a dick.  I understand why he might be having conflict with Del Toro and all.  That being said, I hope they can come to some mutally agreable solution and green light a third Hellboy movie.  I really think the first two captured the look and style of the comics and would like to see more.

Man of Steel Teaser Poster Revealed (Article) - 7/15/2012 6:02:32 AM

Agree Mossy, why is WB slow playing this movie.  After the dismaly referential last Superman movie they need to show that this is a new take on the character that is not tied to the Christopher Reeve films of the 70's - 80's.  Another questionable decision from the WB executives.

Marvel's Next 5 Movies (Article) - 7/15/2012 5:57:05 AM

Remember when Marvel superhero movies were a JOKE???  Wow how the tables have turned.  Unfortunately for WB the best thing that ever happened to them, Christopher Nolan, is bowing out of any more Batman films.  Sarcastic Caveman I agree.  Why would WB shuffle their creative feet when they are holding the rights to what could be the most successful film franchise of all time.  And even if it was the SECOND most successful, that would still translate into BILLIONS in movie, video and merchandisiing revenue.  Perplexing.

JACENBLADE'S MANIACAL PERSONA