All JacenBlade's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Possible Thanos Lawsuit (Article) - 7/7/2012 9:10:45 PM

Jim Starlin = OVERRATED

Fringe Producer Exits (Article) - 6/23/2012 10:48:34 PM

So so sorry to see this show leave the air.  IMHO it was the best, most consitant show on tv last season.  I haven't cared this much about fictional TV characters since LOST ended it's run.

Apes writers to handle JP4 (Article) - 6/23/2012 10:44:36 PM

InnerSanctum, you are not alone.  I also thought that JP 3 was the best of the movies so far.

Black Panther is the Next Marvel Movie (Article) - 6/11/2012 8:49:40 AM

Thanks Wiseguy.  Gauleyboy, I'm not saying that Marvels' "social consciousness" was applied to movie casting in the past, I'm saying that they should apply it now (tongue firmly in cheek).  This has nothing to do with pro-gay or anti-gay opinions so please don't respond negatively to me in that regard.  The recent media orchestration by Marvel regarding the marriage of gay characters feels more like a publicity stunt to me than good story telling.  It has the same pandering taste as a white person saying, "Some of my best friends are black.".   Situations that are manufactured so corporations can pat themselves on the back to show how socially conscious they are  remind me of the time Warner Brothers and Tim Burton originally cast Marlon Wayans for the role of Robin in Batman Returns.  My comment is also a nod to that head scratching move.

Black Panther is the Next Marvel Movie (Article) - 6/8/2012 11:59:26 AM

I think Marvel should continue it's recent trend of "social consciousness" when casting the role of Black Panther.  I think they should do something radical and incomprehensible and hire a WHITE actor for the lead.  Think about what that would mean for all the poor white kids in society who are bullied and picked on.  Taunted by the intolerant among us who tell them they are not normal.  Think what message the casting will send to those most vulnerable of us.  If a caucasian believes that inside he is a black African prince from Wakanda, who are we as a society to say that is wrong.  If one person FEELS it, we must accept it as reality.  Who wants to join my movement "Occupy Marvel"  ?  I am Jacen Blade, I am white and I am the 72.4%.

John Carter Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 6/7/2012 2:23:51 PM

I will be buying this blu-ray today.  I thought the movie was fantastic and being a fan of the books I really don't think they could have done a better job.  This movie was getting picked on long before it was released.  Not many critics had the balls to give it an honest review, most just went along with the fashionable thing to do at the time and bash it.  Disney definately screwed up the marketing for this film so they deserve a lot of the blame too.

Disney XD replaces Avengers: EMH (Article) - 6/7/2012 2:06:12 PM

I really enjoyed the first series. Hopefully they keep the same creative team involved.

Dark Knight Rises gets rating (Article) - 4/10/2012 6:34:07 PM

Hanso's first comment RULES !!!!  Funniest thing I saw on the internet all day.  :)

Marvel Sets Avengers Facebook Deal (Article) - 4/3/2012 9:02:27 AM

Anyone else doing the Marvel Superhero Marathon on May 3?  For 40 bucks you see Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America then at midnight The Avengers.  As a fan, how could I pass it up.  Have stopped watching previews and clips, I want it all fresh.

Branagh Helms New Jack Ryan (Article) - 3/29/2012 12:47:01 PM

I've actually enjoyed all the film versions of Jack Ryan, yes Jedibanner, even Ben Afleck.  Clear and Present Danger was the best.  Looking forward to a new franchise.

JACENBLADE'S MANIACAL PERSONA