All JacenBlade's Comments

Pixar's Second BRAVE Trailer (Article) - 2/25/2012 10:17:04 AM

Pixar is, like Apple, a company that knows what it is good at and has the right people employed there to not only create some of the best, most beautiful animated movies of all time, but they are innovative at the same time.  Watch "The PIXAR story" on netflix and you'll be rooting for their movies to do well even more.  The only PIXAR movies I have not seen are Cars2 (not a huge fan of Cars1 but I liked it)  and Rattatouille (which I picked up on blu-ray).  This one is a definate theater see.

SKYFALL Flies to IMAX (Article) - 2/25/2012 10:09:17 AM

This movie should have come out a year ago.  I am really enjoying the Daniel Craig Bond films.  I wish they would come out every 2 years.  Sadly at this point he's probably got time for 2 more movies, then he enters Roger Moore territory.

John Carter World Premiere Pictures (Article) - 2/25/2012 10:05:27 AM

This movie would have been my dream moviemaking project if I was independently wealthy.  I am glad it is being made and with A list studio, director, actors, special effects etc.  I will def be seeing this opening weekend and will encourage any and all to go.

First Amazing Spider-Man Clip (Article) - 2/20/2012 11:43:17 AM

I agree monkeyfoot.  Looked more like a deleted scene you would get on the blu ray.  Having a hard time generating enthusiasm for this movie.  The Super Bowl trailer helped a lot.  This clip, set me back.  Sony should put something up that generates water cooler buzz or nothing at all.

First JOHN CARTER Clip Online (Article) - 2/16/2012 1:21:36 PM

This is the movie I always dreamed would be made some day but felt it would never be.  I am so so so anticipating this movie.  I pray to God it is done well.  I don't even need it to be exactly true to the books, just the same characters, setting and general situations.  It would be great if this movie was successful and lead to other Burroughs' books being brought to the big screen, and could we finally, finally get a Tarzan movie that is worthy of the books.

NBC Approves of Hannibal (Article) - 2/15/2012 4:06:54 PM

The Thomas Harris books are excellent.  There is always room on TV for one more serial killer show, no?  And why not do it with one of the most interesting fictional character ever created.  If they get it to be half as good as the films or the books they will have a hit.  Wish it was on pay cable though so the show could be more R rated.

New John Carter Images Online (Article) - 2/7/2012 11:55:05 AM

Wiseguy, you looking for muscular nude dudes, check out Spartacus on Starz, lots of naked ladies too, whatever your mood.  LOL.   I agree the movie looks spectacular.  Who would have ever thought that an Edgar Rice Burroughs book would be so fully realized on the big screen with the budget to do it justice.  (Still haven't seen the perfect Tarzan movie)  The Mars books were some of my favorite reading growing up and I am super stoked for this film.  ENJOY

Oscar Bile (Article) - 1/26/2012 4:21:43 PM

The AcademyAwards have become more and more irrelevant to me.  I love, LOVE going to the movies but I find that I never seem to find my way to the movies that get the lions' share of the nominations.  In an industry ruled by ticket sales I find it ironic that some of the best, most entertaining, PROFITABLE movies never even get a whiff at an oscar.  Mostly we see the same type of period dramas, vanitity projects, and social justice tales year after year.

I have nothing personal against the likes of George Clooney, Woody Allen, Meryl Streep, Harvey Wienstein, Sean Penn or Roman Polanski (OK maybe I have something personal against the last two) but its like the same names and faces every year.  Talk about a mutual admiration society.

Two major snubs that have really soured me to the oscars -  Sylvester Stallone gives the performance of the year and his lifetime and looses to Peter Finch for  best actor (Who by the way didn't even qualify for best actor status according to the Academys' own rules regarding screen time and lines of dialogue)  and MOST egregious - nobody, NOBODY will ever convince me that Shakespeare in Love was a better movie going experience than Saving Private Ryan.  That was snob voting of the highest order.  And the resulting scandal made public the amount of influence peddling that goes into oscar voting.

Afterthought to ElBaz13, Forrest Gump was a worthy Best Picture winner, absolutely.  I could also see it going to Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction ...... Quiz Show?  not so much.

Star Trek Sequel Begins Production (Article) - 1/18/2012 8:04:20 PM

Kriebe, thanks for the props.

WhiskeyMovie you make some excellent points.

Karas1 you're entitled to your opinion and I think there was more about the movie that disappointed you than the way Kirk came into a command position.   I don't think you ever bought into the movie at all and as a fellow fan I'm sorry your expectations were not realized.

JJ Abrams was smart enough to know that simply casting new actors as the characters so beloved by so many fans and doing a movie based on the canon that has been laid down for decades on TV and on film was a no win situation, a cinematic Kobayashi Maru.  So he pulled a Kirk, he failed to follow the rules and he instead changed the game by re-booting the franchise.  My own and some others opinions are that it was to spectacular effect.  To you and some others, an unbelievable disaster.  And to most everyone else at least an enjoyable movie.

I think what we are left with is something you're either going to enjoy going further or something you will chose to criticize and resent for not being in the "same class" as the original series.  I said it in an earlier post, enjoy what came before because they definately stand the test of time and time has made the fanboy heart grow fonder.  Abrams is in no way saying that none of that happened.  What he is filming is an alternate timeline that was created when Nero followed Spock back through time.

Star Trek Sequel Begins Production (Article) - 1/17/2012 6:11:28 PM

By the way, in todays military if an insubordinate soldier was responsible for demonstrably saving the planet earth from total destructions, yea, I think he might get a promotion.   ;)

JACENBLADE'S MANIACAL PERSONA