All JackTChance's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

NEW Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Article) - 1/28/2015 12:54:11 PM

Aside from a whole new cast, it appears to be a true reboot, with no connection to the original films. That is the bigger issue for me. I would have given it a chance if it was a "passing the torch" from Murray and the remaining Ghostbusters to the ladies....but nope, no original cast....no continuuity....so for me, no way.

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Trailer #2 (Article) - 1/12/2015 7:11:08 PM

OMG....Hulk vs Hulk-Buster Iron Man...looks amazing!

DC Comics: Super-Villains: The Complete Visual History Book Review (Article) - 1/7/2015 9:04:51 PM

Wise...I too dropped all my subs after the New 52 hit. Was incredibly pissed off that they basically deep sixed the storied history of the Justice Society of America and got rid of the title outright. I'll prob get this, but I have no intention of getting any New 52 stories.

Jurassic World Trailer for Superbowl XLIX (Article) - 1/7/2015 2:59:21 PM

Just FYI...that's not a Sarcosuchus, it is some species of mosasaur, possibly Mosasaurus hoffmani, or Tylosaurus.  But whatever it is, its oversized a fair bit. Biggest known mosasaur specimen is about 50 feet long.

Mania Box Office Report: Hobbit for the Holidays (Article) - 12/30/2014 11:32:27 AM

In point of fact.....The Battle of the Five Armies is $26 million ahead of Desolation of Smaug at the exact same duration, so it will most likely exceed Smaug (per Boxofficemojo).  It is doing extremely well overseas and is getting better word of mouth than Smaug, so I would not be surprised if it ends up with $280 million domestic and probably $975ish million worldwide if it follows the 30/70 split trend I see for the series.  If anyone thinks that is a "failure" they are nuts

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 11:24:29 AM

Noah??  What the...? I would agree with Cap being best superhero movie.....but I see no reason why Guardians could not be best picture (overall). Great story, acting (I mean a great ensemble where everyone had their moment to shine), funny, effects....and imho the best surprise of the year. I figured it would be ok to good.....but not the breakout it was!  No way it should be Noah, which was a mediocre movie at best....

Coleman Continues with Doctor Who?! (Article) - 12/29/2014 2:39:54 PM

One of my issues with Danny was what a wet blanket he could be.  For example...In the Forest of Night Episode, when Clara asks Danny to come with in the Tardis to see the solar flare he was like "meh", I'm not interested in that kind of excitement, I was in the military and had my fill of it.  First...who wouldn't want to see a solar flare from space??  Second, I agree the "love" between the two is totally a plot device....nothing in Clara's history suggests that she would really "love" someone who would pass up a chance to see a solar flare in order to go home and put his feet up while watching TV!  So....she went to see it without him. Other than teaching....very little in common!

Coleman Continues with Doctor Who?! (Article) - 12/26/2014 4:08:51 PM

Meh...I was 50/50 on Danny. Was mildly sorry to see him go, however I felt that he was holding Clara's character back, trying to make her more reserved and conservative than what her real nature is. And the last thing I wanted to see is a replay of the "Ponds" and having Rory grouse about everything all the time...

DVD Shopping Bag: Man of Steel Dilemma (Article) - 11/14/2013 10:12:14 AM

I over all enjoyed the movie, certainly an improvement over Superman Returns (although I did not despise that movie as some did).  I did not have an issue with Supes killing Zod.  In fact I have the John Byrne Comic where he does it to the Pocket Dimension Kryptonians.  My only beef is that, I feel it happened too soon. Never been a big fan of killing off good main villians too soon.  Wasn't happy with Two-Face dying in The Dark Knight...wasn't happy with Joker dying in the Keaton Batman.  What makes a story and a hero's journey engrossing is often his/her foil.  Zod as played by Shannon was awesome.  Big fan of Terrance Stamp's Zod...but this was better.  You almost understood why he was doing what he was doing...almost.  A great villian is one that you can sorta understand, or at least emphatize with a little bit.  Again...ok with his death, just thought it was too soon.

Also, at first I absolutely LOVED watching Kryptonians in a full tilt "slobberknocker".  Totally what I imagined it to be.  But as was pointed out, as soon as Kal-El realized the amount of destruction they were causing, he would have done whatever he could to "take it outside".  So the violence does (at second glance) feel gratuitous.  It clearly was a "release" of special effects, violence etc to make up for the lack of fighting in Superman Returns.

Finally...as an aside...I started collected DC in 1986...I stopped it with the New 52.  Hate what they did to the Justice Society, Captain Marvel (THAT'S RIGHT I SAID CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!), and am just getting sick of DC superheroes being rewritten to be like Marvel Superheroes.  If I want conflicted, flawed, superheroes I will go buy a Marvel Comic...which I still do.  If I want superheroes that we should all aspire to be like, ALA Superman...I USED to buy DC.  Not anymore.

Batman Vs. Superman Title Confirmed? (Article) - 9/17/2013 1:19:58 PM

I am going to assume this is a "working title" and very general.  If they put this little thought into the final title, as they appear to be doing with casting, that bodes ill for the movie as a whole.  Agreed, World's Finest needs to be somewhere in there!

JACKTCHANCE'S MANIACAL PERSONA