All Jakester's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Smallville: Kent (Article) - 4/18/2011 7:03:56 AM

I still haven't watched this episode.  Every time I open my DVR menu, it's there.  Staring at me.  Taunting me.  Daring me to watch it.  So far, I have been strong.

Supernatural: My Heart Will Go On (Article) - 4/18/2011 7:00:22 AM

Sadly, I thought this episode was a bit crap.  Sure, the idea of the Titanic never having sunk, and Celine Dion living in obscurity, is pretty cool, but it was pretty much a filler episode.  Sure, we found out that the war machine seems to need souls (why and how is confounding to me now), but we could've been given that information in any number of ways.  As awesome as it is to see Ellen, this one was a miss for me.

Fan Beefs Part I: The 6 Biggest Plot Holes in Genre Cinema (Article) - 3/30/2011 6:20:21 AM

Hanso, the Udvar-Hazy center is the Air & Space Museum to which you're referring.  It's probably 30 minutes west of Vienna, VA.  There are no mountains.  It's literally just south of the airport.  Without bad traffic (unpossible in the NoVA area), Dulles airport is maybe 40 minutes west of DC.  Sure, you can continue west or southwest get to the Appalachians, but that's probably another hourlong drive.

The Event: A Message Back (Article) - 3/23/2011 10:18:35 AM

I read a recap on io9 about the most recent episode.  I'm so glad I gave this show up.  So, the guy has "a virus" on his cell phone that will make an address "go viral on the internet" unless he enters a code EVERY TWO HOURS?! Um...what?!  I post stuff on the internet all the time and shit ain't gone viral yet.  Also, Every two hours?  DO YOU EVER SLEEP?  Stupid.  Also, the aliens' sun is going supernova, and it's going to take weeks (I forget) for the radiation to hit their planet?  Is their planet in a different solar system than their sun?  It takes 8 minutes for light from our sun to hit the earth.

Weaksauce.

Mania's Mediocre Madness: Batman Region (Article) - 3/15/2011 10:33:31 AM

Darkman's girlfriend to current beau, "I can't date you any more.  See, I met this burn victim..."

Mania's Mediocre Madness: The Blair Witch Region (Article) - 3/15/2011 10:31:45 AM

No.  [REC] was arguably better than Cloverfield.  Quarantine, however, was not.

Supernatural: And Then There Were None (Article) - 3/10/2011 8:39:05 PM

Right, I caught the reason for the bad blood.  I just must have mis-heard Bobby when he talked about Rufus helping him.  Thanks for the clarification, Daffy.

Supernatural: And Then There Were None (Article) - 3/10/2011 7:13:45 AM

I'm late to the party gang.  While I dug the episode overall, the new monster reminded me too much of the things in Wrath of Kahn, or the slugs in that TNG episode that were taking over Starfleet.

Also, didn't we have a big to-do about Bobby killing his wife a few seasons back?  Now we find out Rufus did it? Or did I mishear?  It seems to me that would be something Bobby would have mentioned in the previous episode.

V: Uneasy Lies The Head (Article) - 3/2/2011 7:44:57 AM

Seeing "head" and "Vandervoort" in the same sentence gives me a strange tingling in my pants.

Smallville: Fortune (Article) - 3/2/2011 7:43:30 AM

You know what's truly frightening?  That a show this bad has been on the air for 10 years.  TV executives will call that a success.  Hell,  it is a success.  So what incentive do they have to improve the writing for the next DC property that shows up on the CW?

JAKESTER'S MANIACAL PERSONA