All Jakester's Comments

Supernatural: The French Mistake (Article) - 3/1/2011 6:23:44 AM

I love you sometimes, Daffy.

Supernatural: The French Mistake (Article) - 2/28/2011 1:10:20 PM

I used to lurk at some Buffy board back in the day, simply because it was so ridiculous.  I recall some guy talking about the series finale and how it had to ultimately be all about Xander saving the day becase "I'm a writer and I know how these things work."  His plot was so completely ridiculous and so many people were gushing about it.  Eeeesh.  I was amused back then, but I just don't have the stomach for that sort of thing anymore.

In related news, Charlie Sheen is batshit insane.

Smallville: Fortune (Article) - 2/28/2011 12:28:15 PM

I'm drunk right now.

Smallville: Fortune (Article) - 2/28/2011 11:44:08 AM

Byzarro, the fact of the matter is that Smallville is horribly written, shoddily plotted, and only adequately acted.  Joe harps on the same points over and over again because the writers keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over again.  I feel for Joe.  he's a writer and a Superman fan.  Watching this show has got to be like being a world class cardiovascular surgeon and being forced to watch while a monkey performs a triple bypass.  Okay, Joe might be more a GP in a podunk town than a world-class heart surgeon, but DAMNIT, HE'S A PRO and my point still stands.    Yeah, yeah, if I hate it so much, why watch?  Two reasons, and they both belong to Erica Durance.

Supernatural: The French Mistake (Article) - 2/28/2011 10:04:55 AM

We got a little more about the war in Heaven, but no, it didn't really move the A plot forward much.  It was a lot of fun, though.

I don't follow anything about the show, so I was surprised when they did the first meta episode w/ the Supernatural books and found out that there was erotic incestual fanfic.  Do J&J not get along?  Misha has a twitter account?

Smallville: Fortune (Article) - 2/28/2011 10:00:36 AM

I don't really have much invested in this show, and I have such low expectations every week, that I thought this episode was just a helluva lot of fun.  It was completely ridiculous and I think it knew it.  Hartley in drag was funny.  Freeman in the '60s getup was actually kinda sexy.

Sure, the Lois gambling with her ring was stupid, but the Temple of Doom homage was kind of funny.  Glad I wasn't the only one who spotted that.

I do, however, have to give this episode a failing grade simply because it didn't have Swan on.  I was expecting to actually see Zatanna.  I had the kleenex ready and everything.  BLUEBALLS!

Supernatural: Mannequin 3: The Reckoning (Article) - 2/24/2011 10:44:31 AM

Yes, Kripke plotted the S5 finale to be the SERIES finale.  However, when it got renewed, Sera Gamble (a longtime producer and writer on the show) took over as showrunner.  Kripke gave her some ideas about where the show could go, and I believe she had her own as well.  In any event, Kripke's still involved, as is writer extraordinaire, Ben Edlund.

Supernatural seems to be doing well enough in the ratings that it will get a 7th season.

That said, I'd been disappointed in this season, and I've been rather vocal about it.  It's not as though the episodes were necessarily bad, but it didn't feel right.  With the reveal of Sam not having a soul, I came to think that the off-kilter vibe of the episodes might have been intentional.  Now that Sam is re-souled, the show feels much more like it did.  Even though I think this season is the show's weakest, it's still some of the best TV that's on right now.

Supernatural: Mannequin 3: The Reckoning (Article) - 2/22/2011 3:38:29 PM

Yeah, well this episode thought YOU were crap!  Supernatural OWNS SON!

Oh wait.  That's your schtick.  Um, sorry man.  I got a little carried away.

Supernatural: Mannequin 3: The Reckoning (Article) - 2/22/2011 6:54:24 AM

By the way, Joe, where's your Smallville review?  I thought pros got their shit out on time.

Supernatural: Mannequin 3: The Reckoning (Article) - 2/22/2011 6:52:16 AM

Heh-heh-eh.  You said "rigid."  Heh.

Now that that's out of the way, I can say that this was another pretty good episode.  Yeah, Kara, the posessed car was great!  And really, I liked the "holy crap, she's an organ donor" thing.  That had never occured to me.

JAKESTER'S MANIACAL PERSONA