All JarrodSarafin's Comments

Mania on this Day: Collateral Cruise, Speedy Mishaps & Castle Delays (Article) - 6/15/2008 12:06:42 AM

Haven't watched it yet, Wise. I was a fan of the anime but just haven't had a chance or strong desire to watch the movie yet. From what I can gather, that seems to be the biggest wrong that WB and the Wachowskis made with the film. They didn't really target it a specific demographic...or if they did, they didn't do it well enough. A friend of mine inside the theatrical industry said much of the same thing. No single demographics seem to want to watch the movie or if they do, they're not in a hurry to watch it, more content to wait for the DVD. True on Cruise...He hadn't played a villain in sometime and that must have weighed in on him pushing MI:III years back.

Ashmore Deals With Cold Monster in the THAW (Article) - 6/14/2008 12:58:52 AM

Perhaps, it's my Carpenter fanboyism talking here but they should slap on a "Based on The Thing" credit somewhere in the intro.<br /> Of course, I haven't seen the finished product...it could be something utterly different. Still, that plot line sounds...*walks away*

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 11:43:32 PM

Looks like they either took it down or the links changed. I'll look for it guys and replace the link above.

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 9:59:58 PM

I wouldn't worry, Hanso. Ratner will be busy doing Beverly Hills Copy IV (confirmed) to do that one. The God of War with Ratner has never been confirmed by anyone on his camp or by the studio. The man's name seems to be attached to too many movies by rumors alone but little of it is ever fact.

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 9:09:06 PM

That 8 minute Gotham News was awesome. Easy to admit that I love what Nolan and the marketing guys are doing with this movie. Just the amount of the fanboyism they put into some of their viral sites (like the Gotham Newspaper) had me impressed. Can't wait for July 18.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/13/2008 8:31:43 PM

Thanks Joey...<br /> Hanso...Wiseguy (I did read your blog on it too), I did cover these subjects individually during this past week. Which is sorta why Joey says we're talked out on these subjects. But this column is more of a weekly wrap-up of the top rumors for other people who don't have as much time during the week...For all users just to discuss things in one place. A weekend discussion place if you will. :)

Superbad Stars Take on the APOCALYPSE (Article) - 6/11/2008 3:29:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing when I was writing it, Mr. Jaw. But technically in Superbad, Jonah Hill and Michael Cera played Seth and Evan's childhood antics. Hill was Seth and Cera was Evan. Seth Rogen and Bill Hader were only identified as Officers Slater and Michaels. No first names. Still, it would have been amusing to see the same two cops dealing with the apocalypse. If they were even half as bad as they were in Superbad, the world is doomed!

Vader's Secret Apprentice in SOUL CALIBUR IV? (Article) - 6/9/2008 2:53:31 PM

How come Lucas is the one getting bashed for being money greedy? I mean, I'm used to it from here and everywhere else after the prequels, but....this is Namco Bandai's title and major release. They're the ones who have say and are putting the characters in to help sell their title.

Update: Marsden Joins TRANSFORMERS 2 & Video (Article) - 6/3/2008 12:58:22 PM

Marsden was also the head scientific leader (the devious one) in Anaconda 2: Blood Orchid and the devious scientist in Resident Evil: Extinction, the young chap who tried shooting the main villain towards the end only to get his eyes and tongue yanked out when his would-be victim turned into the creature. Around the same age as Josh Duhamel and Gibson. It seems that Bay is putting in more Worldwide elements into the sequel as opposed to the original being strictly American. One battle in a Chinese city and now this guy will be playing a British Special Forces operative. Perhaps some other elements too as time and scoops come in.

Mania on this Day: Hellboy Revealed, Yeoh Misses & Mach 5 Shines! (Article) - 5/31/2008 1:32:11 AM

Del Toro is indeed the man, DarkHeart. Agreed. I can't wait for July 2008. -Hancock -Hellboy II -Dark Knight -X-Files 2 I....am....ready...for...July 2008.

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA