All JarrodSarafin's Comments

Top Maniacal Rumors: Leo America, Knight Time & Punisher Hex! (Article) - 6/20/2008 4:55:11 AM

I can say I would also have liked Holloway as Gambit in the upcoming Wolverine prequel. He's said a bunch of times that he loved the character growing up and I've grown to respect him from his Lost moments. I think he could have done the character justice. Since he's a true fan, his dedication would have shown too. As for the 152 minutes of Dark Knight. Haha, I know Hanso will chime in here but I think there is one thing that is bothering me. Sure, I'm happy that it's going to be a lengthy installment with a lot of good character development... But.. (Yes, there's a "but") ...We know how mainstream audiences are. People who don't keep up with online movie news such as ourselves. Those are the people who don't know anything about a "1,000,000 to Make Uwe Boll Quit" petition...Hell, those are the people who don't know who Uwe Boll is and don't really care to find out... Bypassing the mainstream audiences' idea on a "long movie" (Believe me, I'm having flashbacks as to when Grindhouse failed), there's another issue. Theater business. Like last summer, the studios have stacked way too many movies in back-to-back weekends and each movie is taking away from each other to a degree. I'm wondering if Iron Man and Indy will be the only $300.0 mil domestic grossers because of it. Ironically, they're both from Paramount, the ruler of the 2008 Box Office Season clearly. With a running time of 152 minutes, there are questions as to how many showings a day a theater will allow per day for the movie and how it will affect the box office results in our weekly Sunday report. Sure, I think Dark Knight will make a killing, fellow Maniacs. But I wonder if having Hellboy II a week before and X-Files 2 a week after AND having a 152 minute length will play an effect here. What does it really matter. I guess I'm just pondering aloud my thoughts. Dark Knight will be a hit and it will likely be deserved. I'm just holding reservations on a lot of these studios. I'm not sure why they seem bent on hurting themselves by stacking so many movies so close to each other.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/20/2008 4:33:26 AM

Definitely funny...Agreed Pony. Since it's Friday and the news story was related, I thought it would be cool to include it here. The "I F**ked Ben Affleck" video was on Oscar night so it had more cameos in it but there's a lot of Hollywood fans of Kimmel because he plays it straight with them. That's one of the added bonuses for his talk show vs. veterans like Leno or Letterman. There's a backstory to the "I'm F**king Matt Damon". For years, Jimmy has been messing with him (and he's been in on it of course). We have a thread dedicated to the videos in our Celebrities forum here at the Mania messageboards.

Ashmore Deals With Cold Monster in the THAW (Article) - 6/15/2008 4:59:31 PM

Hey Trollman,<br /> Most of us are aware that John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake of the classic sci-fi <a itxtdid="5230196" target="_blank" href="#" style="border-bottom: 0.075em solid darkgreen ! important; font-weight: normal ! important; font-size: 100% ! important; text-decoration: underline ! important; padding-bottom: 1px ! important; color: darkgreen ! important; background-color: transparent ! important;" classname="iAs" class="iAs" />film</a>. But John Carpenter's version took the story into a new and more faithful direction than the original.<br /> <br /> It was based around the fears of the Aids <a itxtdid="5666335" target="_blank" href="#" style="border-bottom: 0.075em solid darkgreen ! important; font-weight: normal ! important; font-size: 100% ! important; text-decoration: underline ! important; padding-bottom: 1px ! important; color: darkgreen ! important; background-color: transparent ! important;" classname="iAs" class="iAs">virus</a> and other issues of the late 70s and early 80s and it was about a killer virus in the same region...<br /> <br /> So yes, as we're saying above, this does sound very close to that. The killer parasite in the <a itxtdid="6211994" target="_blank" href="#" style="border-bottom: 0.075em solid darkgreen ! important; font-weight: normal ! important; font-size: 100% ! important; text-decoration: underline ! important; padding-bottom: 1px ! important; color: darkgreen ! important; background-color: transparent ! important;" classname="iAs" class="iAs">movie</a> mentioned above may not be an "alien" parasite but that doesn't stop the comparisons from being made by us Carpenter fanboys. Even the title of the film is something..."The Thing"..."The Thaw"...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/15/2008 12:45:55 AM

I pretty much agree with you Wise and I'm a huge fan of space exploration in the private and public service industries for those reasons alone. Hell, I think we have life outside of Earth in our own solar system even if it's not anywhere near mammal complexity. As an example, I'm willing to bet that there are micro-organisms, plant life, etc on some of the moons like Titan farther out into our system. Now, that's just our solar system. Add on the fact that we are surrounded by untolds amount of solar systems inside OUR galaxy and I know that there is also other intelligent life elsewhere. What amazes me is scientists looking for just planets nearby with H20 and oxygenated atmospheres nearby as to whether there is life there as well. That strikes me as odd. Are they saying that just because of Earth and what we know about our species needs, life can't live under different elements? I don't see why life can't adapt and grow under different elements and circumstances. Hell, for all we know, there could be some jellyfish like creature living in gases of Jupiter. Nobody knows where life can live or can't live. A lot of scientists like to just pigeonhole circumstances as defined by what we call standards of Earth life. I guess I think it's a bit egocentric to say Earth is the only planet of the only solar system in our galaxy that can sustain life. That's not even saying the same for all the other galaxies out there, which in turn has hundreds of millions other stars inside their own galaxies Hell, if there was a way to actually confirm, I'd lay down quite a big bet that 6 or 7 solar systems away from US is another solar system with another planet that has intelligent life on it too. They're probably having this same debate wondering if they're the only ones out there in the galaxy not realizing that we're in their own backyard of the Milky Way.

Mania on this Day: Collateral Cruise, Speedy Mishaps & Castle Delays (Article) - 6/15/2008 12:06:42 AM

Haven't watched it yet, Wise. I was a fan of the anime but just haven't had a chance or strong desire to watch the movie yet. From what I can gather, that seems to be the biggest wrong that WB and the Wachowskis made with the film. They didn't really target it a specific demographic...or if they did, they didn't do it well enough. A friend of mine inside the theatrical industry said much of the same thing. No single demographics seem to want to watch the movie or if they do, they're not in a hurry to watch it, more content to wait for the DVD. True on Cruise...He hadn't played a villain in sometime and that must have weighed in on him pushing MI:III years back.

Ashmore Deals With Cold Monster in the THAW (Article) - 6/14/2008 12:58:52 AM

Perhaps, it's my Carpenter fanboyism talking here but they should slap on a "Based on The Thing" credit somewhere in the intro.<br /> Of course, I haven't seen the finished product...it could be something utterly different. Still, that plot line sounds...*walks away*

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 11:43:32 PM

Looks like they either took it down or the links changed. I'll look for it guys and replace the link above.

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 9:59:58 PM

I wouldn't worry, Hanso. Ratner will be busy doing Beverly Hills Copy IV (confirmed) to do that one. The God of War with Ratner has never been confirmed by anyone on his camp or by the studio. The man's name seems to be attached to too many movies by rumors alone but little of it is ever fact.

8-Minute Gotham News and Alt-Trailer for KNIGHT (Article) - 6/13/2008 9:09:06 PM

That 8 minute Gotham News was awesome. Easy to admit that I love what Nolan and the marketing guys are doing with this movie. Just the amount of the fanboyism they put into some of their viral sites (like the Gotham Newspaper) had me impressed. Can't wait for July 18.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/13/2008 8:31:43 PM

Thanks Joey...<br /> Hanso...Wiseguy (I did read your blog on it too), I did cover these subjects individually during this past week. Which is sorta why Joey says we're talked out on these subjects. But this column is more of a weekly wrap-up of the top rumors for other people who don't have as much time during the week...For all users just to discuss things in one place. A weekend discussion place if you will. :)

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA