All JarrodSarafin's Comments

Superbad Stars Take on the APOCALYPSE (Article) - 6/11/2008 3:29:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing when I was writing it, Mr. Jaw. But technically in Superbad, Jonah Hill and Michael Cera played Seth and Evan's childhood antics. Hill was Seth and Cera was Evan. Seth Rogen and Bill Hader were only identified as Officers Slater and Michaels. No first names. Still, it would have been amusing to see the same two cops dealing with the apocalypse. If they were even half as bad as they were in Superbad, the world is doomed!

Vader's Secret Apprentice in SOUL CALIBUR IV? (Article) - 6/9/2008 2:53:31 PM

How come Lucas is the one getting bashed for being money greedy? I mean, I'm used to it from here and everywhere else after the prequels, but....this is Namco Bandai's title and major release. They're the ones who have say and are putting the characters in to help sell their title.

Update: Marsden Joins TRANSFORMERS 2 & Video (Article) - 6/3/2008 12:58:22 PM

Marsden was also the head scientific leader (the devious one) in Anaconda 2: Blood Orchid and the devious scientist in Resident Evil: Extinction, the young chap who tried shooting the main villain towards the end only to get his eyes and tongue yanked out when his would-be victim turned into the creature. Around the same age as Josh Duhamel and Gibson. It seems that Bay is putting in more Worldwide elements into the sequel as opposed to the original being strictly American. One battle in a Chinese city and now this guy will be playing a British Special Forces operative. Perhaps some other elements too as time and scoops come in.

Mania on this Day: Hellboy Revealed, Yeoh Misses & Mach 5 Shines! (Article) - 5/31/2008 1:32:11 AM

Del Toro is indeed the man, DarkHeart. Agreed. I can't wait for July 2008. -Hancock -Hellboy II -Dark Knight -X-Files 2 I....am....ready...for...July 2008.

New Redband trailer for Coens' BURN (Article) - 5/30/2008 9:41:11 PM

Pony....Why are you on my butt now?<br /> I don't like comedies and I normally don't cover them here at Mania but I do make exceptions. Sci-fi comedies, Fantasy comedies, Horror comedies and like said above...Spy comedies.<br /> Why not cover it?<br /> I understand that everyone has a different opinion. In all my years here, I'm used to hearing people complain my direction but sometimes, even I'm surprised on it all. I was surprised last weekend when Taydor told me to cover something instead of doing a weekly column. As Chip said, "don't read it if it's not your cup of tea"...<br /> We do have 32,000 articles here at Mania and sometimes even I'm surprised when someone who is on my friends list (like you, Hanso, etc) comes along and tells me..."Why is this covered here!?"<br /> I don't know...I really don't know at times. All of you know how I feel about comedies..(dime a dozen) but when it's mixed with genre material like spy, sci-fi, fantasy, horror....I do cover it. <br />

Box Office: Paramount Finds Memorial Day Treasure with INDY (Article) - 5/26/2008 2:30:56 AM

Mla, you would sue your own wife/girlfriend??? Crazy man, you.<br /> I believe that's what Wes is referring to above when he says "The Boss" anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong there. <br /> I believe a lot of "Bosses" will be leading their minions...errr...significant others to that film next weekend. <br />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/24/2008 11:06:27 PM

Winter, it did have some X-Files: Fight the Future moment there... But what is there to say? In ALL the Indy movies, the MacGuffin must be destroyed when it wipes out the enemies. Raiders of the Lost Ark: Takes out the Nazis, then lost in a warehouse. Temple of Doom: Most of the stones disappear into crocodiles, except one, which isn't returned to a museum. Last Crusade: Cup falls through the cracks because of.....greed. That's what MacGuffins do. Since this was based on 50's sci-fi classics, the ship must disappear at some point and be not left for evidence. In the same style that Mulder can't possibly prove that an alien ship exists in the running of the X-Files series. I see what you're saying, Winter, but there seems to be little choice behind it. It needed to go somehow.

Mania on this Day: Spike Sacrifices, Lohan Madness & Indy Fact-Checking (Article) - 5/24/2008 10:45:51 PM

Sounds like you were, TayDor....

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/24/2008 6:19:48 PM

I'm as surprised as you, Hanso. All the articles I've written over the Hobbit this last year and none mentioned Ian Holm. It's always about whether McKellen and others returning. By the mere fact that nobody asked whether Holm was returning was leading me to believe that they were going to recast the character. It caught me off guard there above..

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/24/2008 3:08:56 AM

Spoilers in my review. If you haven't seen it yet, skip of over this post. Absolutely loved the movie. Felt like the same flow as the other three so director Spielberg kept himself in check with it. First 20 minutes: Action scene. Check Next 20 minutes: Introduction of real overall story. Check. Next 20 minutes: Indy's on the hunt. Check Next half hour: Indy's got the Skull but some skulldulgery (sorry, couldn't help myself) has the "idol" stolen from him and he must get it back and kick some serious ass along the way. This is where the real action sequences come into play and end. Last half hour: Narrative and closing of the film. Check. On another review elsewhere, I heard a comment saying..."They needed more action in the last 30 minutes..". My immediate thoughts were..."Did they even see Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade?!?!" The last real action in Raiders was the truck scene. The last real action in Last Crusade was the tank scene. Both films then went onto to finish things up with the MacGuffin being the real hero because the villains succumbed to "greed". Spielberg did the exact same thing here with Crystal Skull. It's not up to Indy to kill all the Russians in the last 20 minutes of the movie. He didn't have to do that with the Nazis either in "Raiders" and "Crusade". The villains will shoot themselves in their foot with their greed. Just as Cate Blanchett finally did. Story pacing was perfect and the introduction of mythology/legend was there as well for Spielberg and gang, just as it has been for Raiders, Temple and Crusade. Examples being "Lost Ark" devices towards the end wiping and melting Nazis, Sacred stones protecting the people and being used as evil by some sinister heart-grabbing villain, and of course a 900 year old Last Crusade knight guarding the Holy Grail. Crystal Skull follows its own mythology into the legend that alien beings helped the Mayan culture. Plus, of course, as brought up, the movie is set in the 50s and what movies came out in the 50s? Which movies inspired Steven and George to go into the movie making business? B-monster movies (Attack of the Killer Ants) and sci-fi flicks (The Day the Earth Stood Still). Of course, that would be the theme here. Next logical step to go into.. The scene which had me laughing my ass off was Indy's expression upon seeing Karen Allen for the first time. I almost lost a lung with Harrison's great method acting. Same goes for the scene where they're falling into the quick mud at night. "Say it's a rope!!" "Say it's a rope" Great library scene too. Indy comes rolling across the floor and a student doesn't flinch, just says "Hey professor, can you help me out here?" Haha... If anything, above everything else, I like how Spielberg switched spots with Harrison and Shia. In the cycle chase scene, Shia looks to Ford and smiles and what does Ford do? He does the exact same thing that Sean Connery did to him after the Last Crusade cycle chase scene. Great job, Steven. You switched the roles as smooth as possible there. I agree that the Tarzan scene was way too over the top...The same can be said for when Chewie does the exact same thing in Return of the Jedi. Chewie even makes the Tarzan call while doing it. The Tarzan reference shouldn't have made the final cut, Steven, but one scene doesn't damage things too much for me. Definitely had a great experience with this latest Indiana adventure. I felt like a kid again and that's exactly what Steven wanted for us fans.

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA