All JarrodSarafin's Comments

HOBBIT Enters Pre-Production with Returning Cast (Article) - 5/21/2008 2:08:29 PM

Almost,<br /> <br /> Just letting ya know that Cate Blanchett said a few months ago that she would return to her character in a heartbeat if asked. She loved entering the world. I couldn't confirm it above because she hasn't been contacted "officially" yet via the trades but still...<br /> <br /> It's likely she'll be back given her quotes in the past.<br /> <br /> I was cringing at the Christopher Lee/McKellen comments above. Can't say it hasn't gone through my head too or even their own heads. I know it seems amazing that nobody of older age has passed in the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings cast (outside of veteran actor Harris-Dumbledore early on). Both of these series are looking to complete their film franchises up to 2011 and both franchises have older actors which are playing essential roles.

Batman Begins' Tone Influencing WOLVERINE? (Article) - 4/30/2008 3:31:32 AM

Batman Begins' success and fan approval set a major precedent for studios and directors in restarting and working with the origins of superhero characters. It's understandable that other directors will want to follow that mold.

Tina Fey's MAMA Beats Harold & Kumar (Article) - 4/28/2008 3:27:56 AM

Technically no, McKracken....but the tale of the Monkey King is a classic tale in China and has been adapted many times even with different names.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/26/2008 12:52:06 AM

Ben's becoming such a great & complex character on this series. I like the fact that he's in the middle of just about everything important surrounding the story arcs. And Sawyer...Wow, what a change with his character. Hugo and Charlie used to be a great dynamic of the series and Sawyer has readily stepped into Charlie's shoes as a replacement. My older sister was shitting kittens when they pointed the guns at Sawyer in this episode. In shows of the past, we would say "Yeah, right, they won't kill him off". But it seems the death toll is adding up over here and nobody really feels safe if we haven't seen their flash forward by now. When they pointed the gun at Sawyer, there was definitely some "Nooooooooooo" thoughts going on. Alex's death was brutal as well. Great season so far. Superb writing and storytelling. Loving it.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/21/2008 11:57:43 PM

lol I didn't even see your comments in my Box Office Report. Were you and Gauley busting my balls again? :) This one wasn't posted over the weekend because there was no trailer to pass on...Much like those Joe pics last week..We knew they'd ask them to get it taken down within an hour and sure enough, the studio did. Studios are definitely quick these days. But I don't mind the occasional ball busting. I'm always listening even if I don't always respond.

Bloodgood Fights in New TERMINATOR (Article) - 4/21/2008 2:08:28 AM

It seems either that report was untrue or the name is staying until an alternate is approved. WB's official site still has it listed as Terminator Salvation for us anyway.

X-Files 2 Title Revealed by Carter (Article) - 4/16/2008 4:29:26 PM

lol I see that you posted it in the blogs..I check my email before looking around for news, not Mania blogs. Next time, email me the link and I'll credit you butthead. :)

X-Files 2 Title Revealed by Carter (Article) - 4/16/2008 4:27:45 PM

I didnt see an email, C. Where did you post it?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/11/2008 1:38:43 PM

The Babylon A.D debunking is up on the main site now.. I'll edit this one now.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/8/2008 11:25:38 PM

Hanso and Company, I can't wait for us to get our Properties section going soon because I have a feeling you guys will do it justice. Case in point is your suggestions about all the Batman Viral stuff I'm missing out.. I'll be honest on that one. There are too many viral sites to manage for the Dark Knight alone and these New Property pages will give you guys the chance to frequently update ..say...a Batman section with every new update on every new Viral site you find. I've know I've been getting some flack for not covering every single viral update that pops up for Batman like....say...SHH does...but after a point of time, it becomes too much for one person to watch over. I have a lot of subjects to cover here and other duties so I can't always dedicate it to chasing Viral campaigns for films. That's exactly why we're getting together the Properties section to be managed by the people who know best in the world of Mania....You!

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA